This an open call for candidates to join the DAO Committee. As you might know, Mr Eric resigned early this year and since then @HPrivakos and I have been serving alone.
Following the process established by this governance proposal, we are opening a public call for candidates. We will accept applications for the next two weeks until November 25th 2022, and after that we will proceed to interview the candidates, the final selection will be done by a community vote.
What is the DAO Committee?
The DAO Committtee is the trusted proxy of the DAO, the team dedicated to enact on-chain proposals voted.
The main responsibilities of the DAO Committee are:
- Update proposal status in the governance platform (promote to enacted, passed, rejected)
- Keep updated smart contract lists such as: POIs, BanNames, Catalysts and Linked Wearables.
- Manage the Grants Program (deploy, fund and revoke vesting contracts)
- Execute Treasury Operations (do transfers, swap funds).
- Calculate and execute compensation for the Wearables Curation Committee.
- Reimburse gas fees to the DAO Committee.
- Refill gas tank of Polygon Relayer periodically.
Some other tasks related to the role are:
- Attend bi-monthly Town Halls and provide general community support.
- Give feedback to proposals, evaluate risks and implementations pathways.
- Contact external organizations in the name of the DAO.
How the DAO Committee is compensated?
A compensation of $2,400 USD per month paid in MANA was recently approved by this governance proposal.
How to apply?
To be considered you have to reply to this thread before November 25th 2022. Please copy-paste the following questions and include your answers!
- What is your full name?
- What is your primary wallet address?
- Why are you applying?
- What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?
- What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the committee?
- Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to the DAO?
- Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.
- Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.