This is an open call for candidates to create a New Committee according to this proposal.
Following the process established by this governance proposal, we are opening a public call for candidates. We will accept applications from Friday January the 13th until Friday January 26th, and after that, we will proceed to interview the candidates, make a pre-selection and the final selection will be done by community voting.
The New Committee has the sole responsibility to review grants that raise concerns provided by the Community.
The jurisdiction of the New Committee is:
- The New Committee will start to act by a formal request of concerns from the community through a form.
- The New Committee can require the DAO Committee to revoke Grant vesting contracts as a preventive or final action.
- The New Committee can require the DAO Committee to resume a Grant vesting contract of a previously revoked or paused contract whose revocation/pause is not older than six months.
- The New Committee can require the DAO Committee to revoke and create again the vesting contract with a new proposed schedule.
Each Committee member will be compensated with 200 USD in MANA per grant case. This will be paid by the DAO treasury and executed by the DAO Committee once the verdict has been posted on the Grant Proposal page.
To be considered, you have to reply to this thread before Friday, January 26th 2023. Please copy-paste the following questions and include your answers in your reply:
- What is your full name or ENS name?
- Short Bio (280 characters max):
- What is your primary wallet address?
- Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to the DAO?
- What are your reasons for wanting to be an Accountability Committee member?
- What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?
- What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the Accountability Committee?
- Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.
- Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.