Open Call for Accountability Committee members

Hi all,

This is an open call for candidates to create a New Committee according to this proposal.

Following the process established by this governance proposal, we are opening a public call for candidates. We will accept applications from Friday January the 13th until Friday January 26th, and after that, we will proceed to interview the candidates, make a pre-selection and the final selection will be done by community voting.

What is the New Committee?

The New Committee has the sole responsibility to review grants that raise concerns provided by the Community.

The jurisdiction of the New Committee is:

• The New Committee will start to act by a formal request of concerns from the community through a form.
  • The New Committee can require the DAO Committee to revoke Grant vesting contracts as a preventive or final action.
  • The New Committee can require the DAO Committee to resume a Grant vesting contract of a previously revoked or paused contract whose revocation/pause is not older than six months.
  • The New Committee can require the DAO Committee to revoke and create again the vesting contract with a new proposed schedule.

How are the New Committee members compensated?

Each Committee member will be compensated with 200 USD in MANA per grant case. This will be paid by the DAO treasury and executed by the DAO Committee once the verdict has been posted on the Grant Proposal page.

How to apply?

To be considered, you have to reply to this thread before Friday, January 26th 2023. Please copy-paste the following questions and include your answers in your reply:

• What is your full name or ENS name?
  • Short Bio (280 characters max):
  • What is your primary wallet address?
  • Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to the DAO?
  • What are your reasons for wanting to be an Accountability Committee member?
  • What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?
  • What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the Accountability Committee?
  • Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.
  • Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.
3 Likes

What is your full name or ENS name?

dax dee

Short Bio (280 characters max):

LAND owner since the genesis auction, DAO grantee via the dcl-metrics.com project and active DCL/DAO community member

What is your primary wallet address?

0x895Be97bDb9F8a244c472B18EA96DeE39ddf8fe5

Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to the DAO?

yes

What are your reasons for wanting to be an Accountability Committee member?

I think this is a much needed position and I have been quite deeply involved in the day-to-day goings on of the DAO for more than a year. I think I am able to research, judge and synthesize a logical and coherent opinion from the facts which would be presented in these cases in order to keep the Grants program running smoothly and with strong community confidence

What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?

As i mentioned in my bio, I have been involved in DCL since the Genesis Auction and actively involved in the DAO for more than a year now. I have an active grant via my project dcl-metrics and have successfully closed another small grant via my SDK work with the “dungeons and dragons demo” team. I am very active in discord and have solid relationships with the community there.

What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the Accountability Committee?

I’ve worked on a wide variety of projects in my life, from multi-million dollar software contracts with large teams and complicated organizational structures to planning community events with a small team of volunteers. I have a good sense of catching and handling red flags before they become problems and I enjoy working with passionate people to solve problems.

Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.

I don’t really use social media since closing fb in 2011.

Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.

@gsbroz - project lead at edifice metaversal
@champ - founder of Wilderness and DAO Committee candidate

10 Likes

Cowboy Bebop

I produced a bunch of wearables in 2022 as a way to explore the business-end of Decentraland. I thought that the issues being raised in the forum were (and still are) vital issues relating to the future of Decentraland, and I enjoyed hearing and considering everyone’s perspective of the issues. I have a background in business (MBA) and continue to want Decentraland to be successful in the long run.

0xc71f122f9b64a98638efcac319d8822cefb1c7f0

Yes

I agree that a committee that is responsible for following up on the efficacy of grant approvals is important to prevent fraud, waste, and system abuse within Decentraland’s grant structure. The people who are creating wearables (as an example) and paying DAO fees are entitled to some oversight of the DAO’s business of awarding grants. This system will allow bigger and better grants to be awarded with some assurance that the funds are actually being used for the stated purpose. With these things in mind, I am happy to contribute my time and background knowledge to this committee.

I have been an active wearable creator and contributor to forum topics.

What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the Accountability Committee?
I have a background that includes a Masters in Business Administration and multiple small business start-ups. The start-up nature of these grants requires someone who knows what a start-up is going through and what a start-up needs to be successful. My business experience can be directly applied to this committee position.

Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.
I was an early adopter of social media, but have completely backed off from it. It is almost nothing but trouble. Social media is responsible for some of the most high profile corporate firings. People never learn. Staying away from social media is the best thing. (I don’t equate the metaverse with being the same thing as social media).

Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.
I’m not super linked in to the Decentraland community. My only interactions have been with the DAO for wearables approval.

2 Likes

Tudamoon

I have been an investor of crypto since 2016. Been a user of Decentraland since April 2021. I am highly interested helping foster a positive environment for the future of Decentraland. I am currently operating a skill games business in the U.S.

0xd4f1cAb694c4424C4796549edbb9B489789F4Df5

Yes

With prior experience of being a paralegal, I am great at paying attention to the little details of each proposal as well as the details withheld from documents. I want to ensure that all promises made to the DAO are completed in full. I am not here to intimidate anyone, I want to provide a fair and non-bias process in handling these matters.

I have been a user of Decentraland since April 2021. I have 5 land parcels and I have submitted wearables for curation. I have been active with the DAO since around May of 2022 and have been making it my job to hold accountability. During this time, I have not let my own biases, compromise my principles for friends or submitted to any sort of favoritism.

Since February 2022, I have been an active member in the Holy Ones DAO. I have been in charge of coordinating events for them in several circumstances.

I started my business with $3000 and turned it into a multi-million dollar business. I have made mistakes on the way and learned from them. To qualify for this position, I think it is super important to be able to understand what it takes to run a successful project/company. Without that knowledge, there can be holes in timelines and plans that can be overlooked.

I was a paralegal in the past as I mentioned above. I have worked for the American Civil Liberties Union which filed claims against the state for violation of civil rights and wrote amicus briefs that assisted in giving court opinions that helped court opinions to be made in favor of civil rights. I truly believe in fair process and I am hoping to work with Zino to implement a fair process for guidelines to submit to the DAO for this committee. Without strict guidelines in place, this committee could easily abuse it’s power without it having the intention to do so.

Twitter

@NickRomano
@Metaskins

7 Likes

MetaDoge.dcl.eth

I’ve been in Decentraland for about 2 and a half years, I am one of the most active Decentraland builders and promotors, a DAO grantee via the Meta GamiMall&MetaDoge project. Plus, I am a very active DAO voter and participator.

0x05060Fa97e54a812d1E15cEc6c34e79f74eBD0b3

Yes

First, as a previous grantee, I have already run through the grant vesting process by myself, and this experience would be very helpful in this position. Second, as an active DAO member, I am clearly aware of the value of grant vesting accountability, this is not easy work, as it can easily cause tension with grantees, but it is because I realise the challenge, I can prepare myself better for this role. Third, I think it’s a huge honour itself to join the Decentraland system as a Committee Member simply because I am a huge believer in the project.

I entered Decentraland out of curiosity and love since the end of 2020, I was an architect and I have been known by the DCL community as a super fan of Decnetraland, an architect, a project lead, and a building mentor.

I created my first building and hosted my first event (Hi, Gallery) around the same time in the end of 2020. Then I started my first project Meta Live Studio which is a metaverse development organization.

And the project that I am leading, Meta GamiMall, have generated huge constant traffic day after day and you can always see us in the most active projects. However, the funny thing is that my most recognizable work might be the Doge Head wearable, which I notice that a lot of the players are wearing every day, I also lead to create a whole set of MetaDoge NFT PFP after the Doge Head, which was the only PFP can let user swap to 3d Avatar in Decentraland (before Decentraland published the linked wearable feature)

On the one hand, as I mentioned above, as a previous grantee, I have already run through the grant vesting by myself, and this experience has shown me the weak point of the whole process that I can take better care of. On the other hand, I am a patient person considering that I’ve been building up a community for more than 1 year now, and this experience and patience are much needed when dealing with future communication with grantees.

https://twitter.com/MetaDogeisme
https://twitter.com/MetaGamiMall
https://twitter.com/Metalivestudio

@web3nit
@wacaine

5 Likes

TheCryptoTengu.eth

Without doxxing caused ive been down that road before and its not fun. Ill say the following. Im now mid 30s and a certified Journeyman of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers. We have delegate’s, voting and some of the very things you see in this dao. Most my experience came during my service at 17. I joined the United States Marine Corps with a age waiver as a 03-11 03-13. Thats infantry rifleman and Light Armored Vehicle Crewman. Those are real mos numbers in the combat arms fields. I enlisted during a time of War. I was forced to grow up fast and learn life lessons many hopefully will never have to. I learned what it means to follow standards and if not be held accountable. Learned the weight of a life. I learned what it meant to be held accountable for those around me. I also learned there is no blind obedience ask why how who when where. I learned service to a community can be a great thing but one must learn to see things from many sides. Not just your own or the ones put upon you. One must also not loose themselves. Not everyone you face is a ally or a foe. Not all problems are nails that need hammers. Among us walk many doing the best they can day to day. Such as it is here among the hundreds and thousands of wallets and anons. Some have agenda’s. Some just want to play. Some want to manipulate and some want to do good. With all the eyes on this dao and the manipulation of emotions and markets we should all do our best to educate ourselves and those around us rather then war on each other. Least thats my belief. Tho sometimes I come across brass or have bumped heads with people we should not let bias deter us from voicing ourselves or attempting better paths. We should also not be bias to others. We should continue to strive being innovative and held accountable.

0x52f8d5518a05366989B3BaAd9c8E1129cA317Fc7

Yes

Originally I was not going to until I Was asked to apply. Its my belief one shouldnt seek power or authority of any kind it should be given or bestowed. For those who usually seek titles or power end up corrupted by them. If elected my reason would be to take care of the DAO treasury. To hold accountable those who wish to use the Decentraland treasury once they receive a passing vote and are given a enacted grant. To make sure they meet set dead lines and objective to the grants they have asked for. To listen to the community and teams without bias to make sure accountability within set standards is held.

Many sleeps ago used to log on run around and explore builds. Spent couple months in the mines before finally buying wearables and eventually my name. Missed a lot of opportunities because I didnt go to events or socialize. Eventually was introduced to builders and had my horizons broaden and ever since have tried to do the same. From bitbear family to waifumon to last slice to many many communities to name a few. My experience with this dao isnt unlike many. Usually im loud maybe a little to loud. Im not a yes man or afraid to speak my mind. If put in this capacity I would probably be putting myself in a position where I would need to act more professional. Ive chosen to bump heads and ask questions to research and look out for the little man as opposed to always jump on the backs of whales. To ride trends just because of OG status or wallet size. A chain is only as good as its weakest link. No metaverse will survive without a community and builders. All heros have a past and are still people. Ive given support and withheld support both verbally and economically to many in this space. Ive also not been afraid to call out what I thought is wrong no matter who it may be. In the end tho no matter who or what I listen.

• What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the Accountability Committee?

A Marine on duty has no friends. That said even if I walk among you This shouldnt be a you wash my back I wash yours. You vote for me I vote for you type thing. This should be hey we asked for this grant to do this. The people voted for us to do this. Once enacted its are they doing it and if not why. Does the contract need paused revoked or to stay going. Has the community witnessed things some might have missed. Lets ask them and those who got the grant. Get to the bottom of issues and hold accountability without bias. My experience is we have unfortunately seen much of the above mentioned and we have seen not a lot of the later. Glad to see us growing and evolving tho.

• Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.

https://twitter.com/TheCryptoTengu

• Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.

I know this is asking for two tho I feel there is many I could list here. I just dont want to dm them all and ask. I look forward to seeing them show themselves if they need to in the form of votes. Ill say two names ive spent a lot of one on one with are probably @SinfulMeatStick and @AaronLeupp.

8 Likes

So I gotta say @TheCryptoTengu 1,000% has beyond proved himself for this role. I can tell you all the times he has called out for accountability over the years I have known him in this community, I can tell you about all the times he has helped all the communities (including mine) and never asked for anything in return for all these years. I can tell you all about the years he has been calling for accountability through all these years even before it was the “cool thing” to do now everyone does it in these forums, discords and spaces but you all can even see for yourselves and scroll through the years of forums even before a lot of you were even here. He has always been active in this role even before it’s existence. He has proven himself time and time again even when he has only everything to lose. He does his research and he even admits when he is proud of someone he called out for their lack of accountability proving they are through their efforts and time needed to do so. I also love some of the other people above as well they will be great for the job too. However one person I will never doubt in my mind is more perfect to join this committee is @TheCryptoTengu if anyone needs any more examples i have seen over the years he has proven through his actions not words my DMs will always be open.

7 Likes

Serena Elis

Short Bio

I am Serena. I am a Artist, Metaverse Performer, 3D Artist and Entrepreneur. I have a background in Real Estate. High pressure Sales. I do have a background working in the many types of Entertainment industries. Been in Crypto since 2017, and invested in Decentraland back in 2020. Been an active user, and also a content creator, with metaverse Performances, 3D Art, Blogging and onboarding. *
** What is your primary wallet address?

0x1D11f567D0b4486Ae3857284c2603FF0Faf8aD5E

*** Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to the DAO?**

YES! of course.

*** What are your reasons for wanting to be an Accountability Committee member?**

Accountability =Clarity, Courage, and Commitment. *And this requires to have a strong sense of intuition within oneself and also Self awareness. Which is something that I feel I posses. I have proven myself with time with being committed to DCL. I believe I have acquired trust and loyalty. I feel a duty to protect the vulnerable community of DCL, esp if we want to be considered #1 Metaverse platform and mainstream. Mainstream platform.We can achieve this by having strong foundations and grants/projects that are really going to be effective towards this goal. I have self - Confidence to be able to pin point effective, projects that are going to lead us to high quality and impressive attention. I would love to see how i can create more Value within the Community and Listen to the community, because without them/us what is Decentraland ? *

*** What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?**

Active User, and also performer. Performing well over 200 shows in the metaverse, and also getting Press with NBC News, Mashable Magazine, artwork has been featured on Vogue Business, US weekly, Glossy Magazine, and have had collaborations with reputable Brands. I have accomplished this with hard work and grit. I have had the opportunity to be a grantee, and have accomplish 18 blogs, onboarded 4 well known artists, 57,00 impressions within 9 weeks.

*I consider myself to have thick skin, progressive, Confident and creative. I have skills of performing comfortable in front of others, and i love Challenges. I thrive under pressure, and Love to create with bringing new ideas to the table. i Like to add that i admire and value MOST, is authenticity, honesty. I have no problem being straight forward and direct when i feel its the proper time to. Decentraland needs more realness and authenticity, pinpoint projects that will infect the community, as the reputation of DCL is important if we want to thrive. Projects that are passed are a reflection of this, so we need to carefully and intentionally be responsible for what we approve. It effects my image, and yours. I will call out behavior of projects, I will question, and wont be afraid to do so. As an analytical person, i like to see numbers, and real/factual evidence to determine my conclusions, this also includes my GUT and Intuition which is never left behind. My experience working in real estate, i was able to solve problems efficiently, even on the spot, while working in competitive environments. It is brought me to still stand through out the waves of crypto without budging. I have a strong sense of self and am in tune with my Creativity and energy, I think these skills are more important then ever in web 3 and will bring in tremendous value in DCL .

**** Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.*

https://twitter.com/Serenaelis_

*** Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.**

@AwedJob
@nftcreatortours

14 Likes

For anyone who hasn’t already interacted with him, I’ll say that it’s hard to find a more experienced and knowledgable person in this community that is (perhaps most importantly) as pleasant to work with as @Dax.

His clear understanding of the broad scope of issues that DCL faces as well as his diplomatic nature more than qualify him for this position.

8 Likes
    Maserphaz.eth

Howdy! I’m an American midwestern guy who loves a positive community. I’ve been creating since the advent of the Sims and understand keeping a community thriving. I create for DCL as well, wearables and scenes. I’m a people leader irl and want to bridge those skills to advance DCL!

0x7e49BbC73e724A759bF83957fBA077A99C893Fe2

Yes, I can.

I’ve been active, primarily passively, in DCL for over a year and have seen the great potential it has. I want to help add more positive, consistent, and reliable persons to the goal of creating a Top-Tier Metaverse. Getting involved in a committee is great way for me to be able to be involved in the community and give my unique objective and unbiased personality a chance to contribute.

I joined DCL in November 2021 and was instantly hooked! I was able to be greeted by helpful and supportive members. I’ve voted on many proposals and do my best to keep up on the forums. I am a member of a recent grant approval as well.

I have a natural talent to be able to see multiple perspectives of an issue. I also am able to keep personal emotions absent from a logical decision. This isn’t to mean I cannot empathize with a situation however. My irl job as a people leader has given me skills to manage others, understand goals, and determine appropriate course corrections as needed. I’m not afraid to deliver news.

While outdated as I’ve moved from The Sims, my profile for perusal Mod The Sims Featured Creator: Morphead (Maserphaz)

@AwedJob
@bokkeh

Please feel free to reach out for more information if you require :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bay Backner
BayBackner.dcl.eth

Artist working at the intersection of fine art and metaverse technologies. Co-founded Vueltta, an international art collective producing immersive installations in Decentraland. Formerly Director of Metaverse & Curation at a European NFT platform.

0x1e105bb213754519903788022b962fe2B9C4B263

Yes

The DAO Grant Program is a driving force behind the success of our platform. It is important that the program remains open and accessible while safe-guarding the treasury. I saw how much valuable support grantees gain from the DAO team when my project, Vueltta, was awarded a Tier 3 grant last summer. It became clear that any waste or misuse of the Grant Program impacts our DAO’s time, spirit and energy, as well as our MANA investments.

The Accountability Committee is an important step in addressing this waste, and would appreciate the opportunity to contribute to its success.

I have been active in reviewing grants since I joined Decentraland early last year. My fifteen years of professional experience in marketing, events, PR and community building has often meant that I can evaluate this aspect of larger proposals - or at least know the right questions to ask!

I’ve been active in decentralized technology since 2006, when I produced the first conference on open source mobile software in Silicon Valley. I still regularly consult on web3 growth strategy for brands including DeFi ICOs, NFT platforms, social protocols and decentralised social enterprise.

My specialisms include organic PR, events organisation, SEO and digital communications. I’ve gained media hits for my clients in The Guardian, The Daily Mail, Cointelegraph, Forbes, Grazia and El Mundo. Again, I can usually ask the right questions about PR and marketing plans!

I hold a degree in Physics from Oxford University and accreditations from Canterbury Christ Church University, The National Gallery of Art and the Smithsonian Institution. I now regularly lecture on metaverse, DAOs and the spatial internet, most recently at UPV Valencia, Berklee College of Music and NFT Show Europe.

Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland

@AwedJob
@dax
@gsbroz

6 Likes

Dedheadj.eth

My name is Jenn, I am a mom, and a business owner of an employment agency. I have a strong background in Sales/Marketing and Human Resources. I follow the guys from the Grateful Dead and am a California born hippie. I believe “what goes around comes around”, “treat others as you want to be treated” and live life with accountability. I am an avid outdoor enthusiast and nature lover.

dedheadj.eth

Yes

I became a much more active member in the DAO when I started to see what I believe were some questionable grant approvals. Specifically, around grantees who have a large amount of VP voting on their own proposals where there is financial gain for the grantee. This may be a conflict of interest however I also believe that he majority of proposals and grants that have been approved have been done through the “best” fair practices available at the time. A true overhaul is a must, and I can contribute without bias and through a fact-finding basis.

I became aware of Decentraland in the Summer of 2021 when my daughter asked for a small investment for an Ice Poker wearable which led to another investment for an Ice Poker wearable. In November 2021 I decided I should understand what I was investing in. I started stumbling on projects and began joining Discord channels. I enjoy supporting the wearable creators and try to contribute to various project where I can. Through various conversations I became aware of the DAO and started to understand, contribute and vote heavily in the Summer 2022.

I have 20+ years as a Human Resources professional. I naturally have a tendency to treat people and situations fairly, with respect and without judgment. I make decisions based on factual information and take personal accountability for my own actions. I have been tasked throughout my career with developing and implementing policies and understand compliance, employment law and in general government regulations. In short, l can take a step back, look thoroughly at a situation and then make a decision.

https://twitter.com/DedheadJ

In November 2022 I interviewed with Gia.Castello@decentraland.org for a position on the Grant Squad. Since the grants program has been paused the position was not filled. I am also a high-level member of the Holy Ones project and communicate with David @Metaskins on a weekly basis. Both can provide feedback on my demeanor and general disposition.

5 Likes

Regarding the application from @bay - Her credentials pretty much say it all.

My two cents: She’s a lifelong innovator/early adopter and that fluency shines through when you work with her. She’s a gifted networker and has become a big part of the DCL scene quickly because of it, already having built bridges between DCL and other tech communities/platforms. She’s beyond qualified to contribute to this committee and we’re lucky to have her representing us already in the multiple spheres in which she’s involved. That said, it’s also essential for there to be a female presence (preferably multiple women) on this committee. @bay is an obvious choice.

2 Likes

Crusty

As the founder of NPACT, most recently known from New Years Eve Concerts and the MasterCard SONIC music festival, I am both a licensed practicing attorney and a PhD candidate at the University of Edinburgh in Artificial Intelligence and an Artificial Intelligence Ethicist.

0x0A05A8A135E3D1F035819daDb4484f74b104A346

Yes

I believe in the long term growth of Decentraland and other decentralized communities as a significant factor in our future daily lives. It is important Decentraland continues to grow not only through academic journal publications, public outreach, and NGO’s, but also through commercial growth to provide institutional credibility with larger companies. This will require an open and transparent dispute resolution process and governing body to protect the interests of all Decentraland users, landholders, and its public reputation both in social media and generally.

I have been an active member of Decentraland since March 14, 2021 when I established Nakatomi Plaza Arts and Cultural Trust (NPACT). Since NPACT’s establishment, our team’s initial mission has been promoting human rights through holding charitable events, such as the last two New Years Eve concerts, which resulted in raising funds that provided over 2,000 laptop computers through the Turing Trust to children in Africa. This has significantly contributed to an in an increase in computer literacy from 3% to 81% amongst the school children in Malawi. NPACT has endless gratitude to Decenatraland members for helping achieve this worthy goal and promoting the potential global impact of decentralized communities.

NPACT’s mission has grown substantially, to include commercial events, like the recent Mastercard SONIC music festival, as well as mental health initiatives, and other frequent community events. We have also engaged individual artists and creators and supported Decentraland initiatives since our inception, including providing land to The Last Slice for display during its establishment.

I am a licensed attorney with a career spanning both prosecutorial criminal and civil litigation for over 20 years. I have sat on multiple boards for charities, a chamber of commerce, and a bank. I was the managing partner of a law firm representing plaintiffs in tort cases prior to returning to academia. I currently hold a Juris Doctor, an LLM in Human Rights, an MRes in Artificial Intelligence and am pursuing a PhD in Artificial Intelligence at the University of Edinburgh focusing on the interaction of children and AI. I also currently serve as the Director of Nakatomi Plaza Arts & Cultural Trust (NPACT), which partners with the University of Edinburgh, the Turing Trust, and other entities.

https://npact-village.com/

Twitter: @NpactVillage

@Michi_Todd

@y_youMack

3 Likes

What is your full name or ENS name: Maryana / maryana.eth

My name is Maryana, co-founder of BVERSE Consulting/Metaverse Professional Community, and am content creator & daily user. I am a Sr. Financial Analyst and come from an auditing background.

0x9937E3e274be96a624d7Cd00F384EB71c741Dd1b

Yes!

I feel that I have the professional experience to help the DCL DAO, where I come from 5 years external audit/internal audit experience, and now oversee $1B in Revenue data at a Hospital.
I have been active in the DCL DAO since I’ve joined DCL in December. When I was delegated more VP, I would ensure that I would leave objective and legitimate questions regarding the economic returns to the platform, qualifications of the team/ risk of the grant. You have to put personal biases aside (i.e. relationship with grant requestors) and analzye if the grant is truly beneficial for the platform.
Since last year, we had a large amount of grants being expended, however, not enough value coming in as a result. We’ve seen many grants being rugs, and not being revoked in time to save the treasury. With my experience, I would be able to help objectively provide my view on whether a grant should stay enacted/be revoked, based on the performance and financial impact/documentation provided by the grant recipient.

In summary, I have been an active community member since December 2021. I have streamed over 100 hours for Decentraland under Twitch (including The Decentraland Report). I have created a few wearables, hosted many events as either a speaker (MetaParty Fashion Week, Grand Prix, Ukraine Charities), or my own at BVERSE (-30,-108), and helped others assemble their events. I have been active in spreading Decentraland on Twitter Spaces, Clubhouse, local web3 conferences, and creating content on other social media platforms. I also like to stay active and attend events for DCL and DG.
Last May, I was delegated 100K VP to vote in the Decentraland DAO. Since then, I have been raising/asking questions under questionable proposals in an objective way to ensure the project brings value.

My biggest asset is my auditing skills that I’ve studied as part of my MBA/BA in Accounting, and then my Big 4 Auditing experience at EY, where I dealt with large PCAOB audits and not for profit foundation audits regarding their investments, grant liabilities/fund accounting, management controls, bank reconciliations, & financial reports. I have been a CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) & CPA (Certified Public Accountant) candidate (due to a busy schedule at my job, I never had a chance to finish the exam).
As a result of my experience in the field, I have a sense on how grants should be documented and how grants should be expensed.

Overall, my knowledge of these principles will be able to help objectively look at our DCL DAO financial environment, and ensure that it is being well used with the grant proposals.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/maryanaryumshin/
https://twitter.com/maryanaDCL

@TheGoldGuy
@szjanko

12 Likes
    REMO

• Short Bio (280 characters max): Remo is 1 of 200 best digital artists & photographers named by LÜRZERS ARCHIVE magazine. A conceptual deconstructive pop artist who embraces the latest multi-media platforms mixed with tech, AI, the metaverse & NFTs, who expresses them in a compelling visual style. As well as running a boutique NFT agency he is Partners with Decentralands Nakatomi Village arts trust, NPact, partners with Val Kilmer as Creative Lead at NFT company Kamp Kilmer, partners with The Duchess of York, working with Pink Floyds, Scott Page an works alongside Sabet, Gabe Weiss, Warhol, Manny Line just to name a few. As part of a rising breed of top NFT DOGs, he is a publisher at Nifty Gateway and has created many firsts in Decentraland with Pact. Some being the first ever concert, the first largest event, The first Latino festival with Mastercard and responsible for 20,0000 attendees in DCL NYE 2022.He is Represented by B.Creative and is one of the leading artists in the NFT/Metaverse space. His work is heavily featured on Artblocks, Nifty Gateway, SuperRare, Makers Place, Known Origin, OpenSea, Rarible, & many more. As a leader in the web3 world he is an innovator and will even be going to space to do the first graffiti art in Zero G, with spacePlus.

0x5Fe8E7eCCFc7E0524923E5Ba281E4770B05847Fa

yes

As creative director for NPACT npact.village DOT com I believe in innovating Decentraland and other decentralized communities through art, technology, AI, events, education and charitable causes. I have already been doing this with NPact over the last 2 years and we keep pushing the boundaries, the latest one being the 1st and only latino festival with Grammy award artists for Master Card. I believe It is important Decentraland continues to grow through public outreach, charitable NGO’s, commercial events and ventures, innovative entertainment and academic inspection. I also believe in keeping DCL safe for all ages, especially children. This will require a transparent resolution process and a commitee to protect the interests of DCL landholders, users, children, expanding into third world countries and overseeing its public reputation is always above board…

I have been an active member of Decentraland since March 14, 2021 when I helped established Nakatomi Plaza Arts and Cultural Trust (NPACT) with Crusty . Since NPACT’s establishment, our initial mission has been creating innovative entertainment through concerts, games, public outreach, gallery shows and helping artist big or small in being onboarded into DCL. We are also promoting human rights through holding charitable events, such as the first ever charitybconcert in April 2021, achieving over $1500 in charitable donations and being the first ever concert tonsuring in over 1000 attendees, users, which ws a record at the time. Also the last two New Years Eve concerts we had brought in around 16k people in 2022 and 1000s in 23, which resulted in raising funds that provided over 2,000 laptop computers through the Turing Trust ( our partners ) to children in Africa. This has significantly contributed to an in an increase in computer literacy from 3% to 81% amongst the school children in Malawi. NPACT has endless gratitude to Decenatraland members for helping achieve this goal and promoting the potential global impact of decentralized communities. Besides this we held the first ever Latino festival Mastercard SONIC music festival, bringing in revenue for DCL, MC and our charitable organizations. This was held in OCT 2023 and was a 4 day festival that had Grammy award winners as singing guests. We also managed to build the Amazon within DCL which was another first, representing 8 Latin countries. Overall our experience with DCL and innovation has been key to the growth of decntraland. Coming up we plan to build a giant statue of Val Kilmer character Doc Holiday as a tribute to the ailing actor and also to hopefully raise money for the charity that is researching his disease.

NPACT’s mission has grown substantially, to include commercial events, like mental health initiatives, weekly meet ups, gaming, where we invented the parkour games and treasure hunts and frequent community events. We have also engaged individual artists to have solo gallery shows on our 39+ plot which is a POI, and have supported creators, and technicians through Decentraland initiatives since our inception, including providing land to The Last Slice for display during its establishment.

I am a creative across the board - I work in every medium and have over 200 accolades over the last 30 years. I am a career artist that has always stayed in touch with art and technology. I would be able to mentor upcoming artists, disabled artist, create innovative technology - or at least consult on the creations.
  • Provide skills that have never been stylized in DCL before and bring experiences that have never been accomplished.

https://linktr.ee/REMOCAMERO - everything is on there but :

http://www.twitter.com/remocamero
www.instagram.com/remo_camero

npact-village.com
Twitter: at (at)NpactVillage

Twitter Handles :
@BoganiRonny
@y_youMack

3 Likes

I really appreciate your support and continuing advice GS! Thank you for being a mentor and teacher on my DCL journey.

2 Likes

Bullish on @TheCryptoTengu

3 Likes

Hi Community!

Thank you so much for submitting your proposals to be a member of the Revocations Committee. We will start the process of reviewing applications and schedule meetings with potential members on the week of February 6th.
Regards!

5 Likes

Let’s do what we can to help make Decentraland awesome.