[DAO:0be73d5] Should Martriay be added to the DAO Committee?

by 0xd11a019a70986bd607cbc1c1f9ae221c78581f49 (Yemel)

Linked Draft Proposal

Establish a Formal Process for Adding/Removing DAO Committee Members

Summary

This is the last step in the process of selecting a new Committee Member, this proposal represents the postulation of Martriay as an elected member.

Abstract

The DAO needs to appoint 1 new member to the DAO Committee in order to reach the initial setup of 2-of-3 signers.

The Open Call received 10 postulations, from which 2 decided to step down from the process. The DAO Committee interviewed the candidates and ranked them using a system based on Trust, Technical Knowledge, Timezone, and DAO Participation.

Martriay has been selected among the top 5 candidates. Find below an extract of Martriay’s public application:

What is your full name?
MartĂ­n Triay

What is your primary wallet address?
martriay.eth (0x87122A7385fd61720D72290A6F2ed25b7eCa7Af7)

Why are you applying?
As an early contributor, I’d like to take a more active role in the community by improving all DAO operations with a strong focus on security and transparency.

What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?
I started contributing to Decentraland during the earliest stages. I helped with the development of the bronze age node and editor (aka Decentraland pre-ethereum).

After that I became Decentraland’s first community manager, moderating the community chat which happened to be a Slack server back then. During that time, I oversaw and coordinated the deployment of content to the bronze age Decentraland world.

Since then I have taken a passive role in the community, mainly as a user. I own the martriay DCL name 3 and like to party in Decentraland with my homies :sunglasses:

What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the committee?
I’ve worked full time in the web3 security ecosystem for the past 6 years in roles ranging from head of marketing to software developer, where I had to develop smart contract libraries ( openzeppelin-solidity , openzeppelin-cairo ), block explorers ( forta , flashbots ), audit smart contracts, define industry standards , fuel communities , create free educational content , speak at conferences , among a few other things.

All in all I count with the technical know-how to securely execute and improve DAO operations, as well as with enough community experience to properly and transparently communicate them.

I believe DAO committees hold a lot of power – therefore responsibility, and my goal is to minimize it through automation, with a strong focus on security and transparency.

Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to the DAO?
Yes

Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information:

Motivation

The DAO Committee should be conformed of 3 members elected by the Community.

Historical Context:

Specification

The process is well specified in the governance proposal mentioned earlier. Here are some excerpts related to the final vote:

The process for adding a committee member includes three stages: the open application period, the committee interviews, and a final vote by ranked choice.

After the interview phase, the DAO Committee is responsible for creating a final proposal in the DAO listing their picks for the top 5 candidates.

If the DAO decides not to implement support for ranked choice voting,then separate proposals could be created for each individualcandidate selected by the DAO Committee after the interview stage.

Since Ranked Voting has not been implemented in the Governance dApp yet, the DAO Committee created 5 Governance Proposals, one per each candidate. By the end of the votation, the proposal that reaches the participation threshold and has the most positive voting power will be considered the winner.

Impacts

Add a new member to the DAO Committee.

Implementation Pathways

The Security Advisory Board and the current DAO Committee will grant privileges to the new member.

Conclusion

Over the past year, the DAO Committee has been proven essential for the regular operations of the DAO. Adding a new member should improve the security and decentralization of the DAO.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Leaving a reference to other candidate applications:

1 Like

Voting Yes. The fact that he has helped even in the OG days of DCL is pretty epic and massive gratitude from me to you on that. All I ask is hopefully he can also be finally a member on Decentraland payroll to give feedback still (good or bad) but if bad also some type of direction on what people can do to change, pivot or fix in a direction they see would be better. As proof on my last proposal we already have enough people on Decentraland payroll that just give negative feedback/fud comments and votes with zero direction on what people can do to improve their proposals even when it goes against the Decentraland community as a whole.

1 Like

Voting yes, for me very important are technical skills and that candidate is aiming to improve current operations through automation.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed hearing all you’ve done for DCL, and how you’re from the early days. People who have come in from my time have people like you to thank and appreciate for what we have. I look forward seeing what else you contribute.

But as I’ve already voted for two others I see active in the DAO, and know and have spoken with often about their goals and ideals for DCL and the DAO, I will be voting no. Nothing personal.

1 Like

Should Martriay be added to the DAO Committee?

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 18% 2,815,763 VP (172 votes)
  • No 82% 12,597,762 VP (20 votes)