Open Call - New DAO Committee Member

• What is your full name?
    • Martín Triay
  • What is your primary wallet address?
    • martriay.eth (0x87122A7385fd61720D72290A6F2ed25b7eCa7Af7)
  • Why are you applying?
    • As an early contributor, I’d like to take a more active role in the community by improving all DAO operations with a strong focus on security and transparency.
  • What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?
    • I started contributing to Decentraland during the earliest stages. I helped with the development of the bronze age node and editor (aka Decentraland pre-ethereum).
    • After that I became Decentraland’s first community manager, moderating the community chat which happened to be a Slack server back then. During that time, I oversaw and coordinated the deployment of content to the bronze age Decentraland world.
    • Since then I have taken a passive role in the community, mainly as a user. I own the martriay DCL name and like to party in Decentraland with my homies :sunglasses:
  • What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the committee?
    • I’ve worked full time in the web3 security ecosystem for the past 6 years in roles ranging from head of marketing to software developer, where I had to develop smart contract libraries (openzeppelin-solidity, openzeppelin-cairo), block explorers (forta, flashbots), audit smart contracts, define industry standards, fuel communities, create free educational content, speak at conferences, among a few other things.
    • All in all I count with the technical know-how to securely execute and improve DAO operations, as well as with enough community experience to properly and transparently communicate them.
    • I believe DAO committees hold a lot of power – therefore responsibility, and my goal is to minimize it through automation, with a strong focus on security and transparency.
  • Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to the DAO?
    • Yes
  • Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.
  • Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.
9 Likes