[DAO:5baf1ac] Should AwedJob be added to the DAO Committee?

by 0xd11a019a70986bd607cbc1c1f9ae221c78581f49 (Yemel)

Linked Draft Proposal

Establish a Formal Process for Adding/Removing DAO Committee Members

Summary

This is the last step in the process of selecting a new Committee Member, this proposal represents the postulation of AwedJob as an elected member.

Abstract

The DAO needs to appoint 1 new member to the DAO Committee in order to reach the initial setup of 2-of-3 signers.

The Open Call received 10 postulations, from which 2 decided to step down from the process. The DAO Committee interviewed the candidates and ranked them using a system based on Trust, Technical Knowledge, Timezone, and DAO Participation.

AwedJob has been selected among the top 5 candidates. Find below an extract of AwedJobā€™s public application:

What is your full name?
Scott Moore

What is your primary wallet address?
0xE1eEdbd1e08478707C794e7e8B1EE623f5fa6D64

Why are you applying?
To provide my humanizing energy to this position which is more than a series of grant management duties. There are people connecting wallets to the vesting contracts. Living, breathing, Decentralites log into the world and develop friendships through shared experiences. Experiences made possible and enriched by grants provided via the DCL DAO. I would like to be a liaison between community members and the stack of rules governing DCL. I am patient, considerate, and attentive. As an educator with over seven years of experience I can also be a ā€œwarm demanderā€.

What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentralandā€™s DAO?
I first logged into Decentraland on 17 December 2021. I purchased my DCL.ETH name 11 days after that. Within my first week here I began making my first wearable. When I had difficulty I created a post in the forums about my experience so that others might learn from my mistakes.

I hosted ā€œ Finding Whimsy ,ā€ my first event in DCL, in April 2022. The event had over 30 participants who searched in pairs for more than three hours to find Whimsy, the faerie queen. Everyone who found her won a legendary Flower Crown.

On 2 May 2022 I joined BillyTeacoin and CKBubbles as cohost for the weekly, Twitch-streamed program, ABC Decentraland Adventures. We recently completed our 29th consecutive episode. Every Monday night we have a special guest who tells us about their activation or build in Decentraland. We spend the remainder of the time visiting new and interesting places among the 90,000 parcels in DCL.

I posted my first poll in the DAO on 5 January 2022. The biggest lesson I took away from that experience was I needed to learn more about the DAO and how it operated.
From that moment to this I have participated in discussions in the DCL DAO discord. Iā€™ve voted on and commented on proposals presented in the governance site. Iā€™ve advocated studied options and advocated for VP equity. I provided feedback and testing for approved grant projects like the Quest 2 VR Client.

ā†’ Continue Reading ā†

Motivation

The DAO Committee should be conformed of 3 members elected by the Community.

Historical Context:

Specification

The process is well specified in the governance proposal mentioned earlier. Here are some excerpts related to the final vote:

The process for adding a committee member includes three stages: the open application period, the committee interviews, and a final vote by ranked choice.

After the interview phase, the DAO Committee is responsible for creating a final proposal in the DAO listing their picks for the top 5 candidates.

If the DAO decides not to implement support for ranked choice voting,then separate proposals could be created for each individualcandidate selected by the DAO Committee after the interview stage.

Since Ranked Voting has not been implemented in the Governance dApp yet, the DAO Committee created 5 Governance Proposals, one per each candidate. By the end of the votation, the proposal that reaches the participation threshold and has the most positive voting power will be considered the winner.

Impacts

Add a new member to the DAO Committee.

Implementation Pathways

The Security Advisory Board and the current DAO Committee will grant privileges to the new member.

Conclusion

Over the past year, the DAO Committee has been proven essential for the regular operations of the DAO. Adding a new member should improve the security and decentralization of the DAO.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Leaving a reference to other candidate applications:

1 Like

Can attest to the character of @AwedJob
Much love Scott <3

Vouch +1

1 Like

This one an easy YES from me. AwedJob is massively engaged in the Decentraland community. I have seen him at a massive amount of the events the past year but also seen him very encouraging in growth of new community members and sharing everything on twitter as well. I think he is what we are missing from the DAO committee as of now. Finally a member on Decentraland payroll to give feedback still (good or bad) but if bad also some type of direction on what people can do to change, pivot or fix in a direction they see would be better. As proof on my last proposal we already have enough people on Decentraland payroll that just give negative feedback/fud comments and votes with zero direction on what people can do to improve their proposals even when it goes against the Decentraland community as a whole. @AwedJob I believe not only understands the Decentralandā€™s vision and direction but he also keeps boots active on the ground floor so I got faith his values can be based on the data he collects that will be representative of the community as well.

2 Likes

There is so much I want to saw about Awedjob! I feel like he doesnā€™t get the credit that he deserves! Anytime someone needs help, guidance and assistance he will be the first one there. I remember when we first started and had so many problems with DCL builder, he was the first to show up and offer his assistance! My dream one day is to be able to delegate him VP, I am confident he will make the best decision for the community.

2 Likes

AwedJob is one of the first people to show / invite me to different places in DCL. He would answer any questions I had no matter how annoying or basic they may be and explain it till I completely understood it. As a new member having someone like this is so helpfull. I think having someone with his knowledge and patience on the DOA committee can do nothing more then make this community stronger. It is a big YES for me!!!

1 Like

Awedjob should 100% be added to the DAO committee. Heā€™s educated, passionate, authentic, and unbiased. I believe he will be a great asset to the committee and believe he will thrive. wishing him success.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who has voted yes to add me to the DAO Committee. To those who voted no or perhaps havenā€™t voted yet, I welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you may have for me.

I strongly advocate for Scott. He has been consistent with the community and literally does nothing but things FOR the community. He is a very selfless person in the best way possible. He is always eager to teach new things to new people and even the regulars. He is a great example of the type of people Iā€™d love to see added to the committee. #SHEW

2 Likes

Should AwedJob be added to the DAO Committee?

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 19% 2,908,061 VP (170 votes)
  • No 81% 12,351,775 VP (14 votes)

Thank you everyone for your consideration.