Thank you for considering nominating yourself as a Decentraland DAO delegate! If you have questions, you can get help in the Decentraland’s Discord #dao channel.
From the Governance Squad we identified a problem on how the VP Delegation is working on the Decentraland DAO. This mechanism has been active since July 2021, however, only 23 accounts have received VP via delegation for a total of 1.6M VP, which is a very small percentage of the total circulating VP.
This Call for Delegates aims to showcase active members of the Decentraland community that would like to actively participate in the governance process. Delegate profiles will be listed in the Governance dApp for easy access.
- Any user can delegate all their VP to another address. It is not possible to delegate a portion of your VP, or to distribute it among multiple delegates. However one could distribute their assets in different addresses and delegate VP from each of those addresses.
- VP delegation is not transitive: if A delegates to B, and B delegates to C, A’s VP is not delegated to C. That means that B cannot give A’s VP to C.
- Authorizing delegation requires an on-chain transaction, which involves paying an Ethereum gas fee (~$30 USD).
- After delegation, you can still vote on the governance platform. If both you and your delegate vote on the same proposal, your vote will override the vote of your delegate.
- You can change or revoke the delegation at any time, making another on-chain transaction.
We hope this action will increase the participation of VPs in the governance process and also evolve towards a more healthy VP distribution.
Being a delegate is a volunteer, community service position. There are no additional incentives.
To put forward your name as a delegate, please reply to this forum thread using the following template:
Address or ENS name:
Short Bio (280 characters max):
(A very brief description about yourself, e.g. a twitter bio)
(Discord, Twitter, Github, Instagram, Websites)
My relevant skills (comma-separated values or tags):
(web3, programming, 3d modeling, community moderation, etc)
My involvement with Decentraland:
(How long have you been involved? How did you contribute?)
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
(What kind of changes do you want to promote in the DAO? What’s important to you?)
My 5-year vision for Decentraland:
(What do you want to see? What is the role of the DAO in it?)
What do you think is the most important issue in Decentraland?
(What challenges will we face in the next 12 to 24 months?)
Please, copy and paste it as a reply filling it with your own answers!