RFC - Governance Revamp (Hybrid System)

Hi People. I support the hybrid system in some form. We dedicated several strategic sessions with Fehz to discussing badges and how the DAO can leverage them. I believe badges have significant potential if approached carefully. Although there’s a big risk of gameability, I think there are ample ways to mitigate it.

I have the following comments:

• Let’s test the system with non-financial proposals or allocate a separate test budget for it. We need statistics and analytics to make further decisions about its viability.

• Rushing to diminish the stake-weighted voting system could create uncertainty about the project, lead to panic selling, and cause disappointment. A test period can mitigate centralization risks, where a few highly reputable members may sway significant decisions, and new participants might find it challenging to earn reputation, especially if established members already hold significant reputational weight.

• I am strictly against centralization and do not align with gatekeeping proposals by a centralized ‘Grants Council’ , which does not fit with the spirit of Decentraland imo. I would support it if it were non-binding, serving merely as recommendations or reviews.