by 0x511a22cdd2c4ee8357bb02df2578037ffe8a4d8d (ginoct)
Should the following Tier 6: up to $240,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Platform Contributor category be approved?
Renew and expand the previously passed Grant to fund the team responsible for maintaining and improving the DAO Governance dApp.
Previous Grants proposals here (1H 2022) and here (2H 2022)
The DAO Governance Squad has been created in January 2022 as a result of a Community Grant given by the Decentraland DAO. From its inception, it has grown into a fully-featured product development team working in an open and agile way, focused on improving the capabilities of the main governance platform of the Decentraland DAO, the Governance dApp, and its ecosystem.
In the last 5 months (There is 1 month left in the current Grant period) it has achieved:
- New Decentraland DAO Homepage
- Grants Dashboard
- New User Profile
- Sentiment Survey for Grants (WIP, to be shipped by mid-December)
Community Building Tools
- Automatic Governance notifications on Discord (WIP, to be shipped by mid-December)
Operations & Developer Experience
- Better testing infrastructure
- Improvements to our deploy pipeline and partial decoupling from Decentraland Foundation infrastructure
- Snapshot Integration Updates
- Improving development documentation on the Github repository
- Multiple Improvements and Bugfixes - For an in-depth view please check our Github repo
Out of our original scope: We partnered with the Partners Registry Squad to build the v0 of the Verified Partners page.
During this period we also worked on ensuring the metrics we were using to determine the impact of our work were well-tracked and easily available for the team. We are happy to announce that our north-star metric, VP participating per proposal, grew 50% from last semester and 375% year over year.
To see the previously shipped initiatives check the previous Grant request proposal here. You can also see the demos we recorded here. Check the changelog here and the monthly updates on the proposal here.
Check the Transparency Dashboard here and the Governance homepage to see some key metrics of the DAO operations and community engagement.
This Grant proposal aims to continue this development path taking into account the needs of the Decentraland DAO community and its multiple stakeholders for the upcoming 6 months. A detailed view of the objectives can be found in the Roadmap and Milestones section of this proposal.
This grant will set up a budget to run this team for the next 6 months. This grant could be extended upon a further decision of the DAO if the grant succeeds in its objectives. The DAO Governance Squad has been set up as a Panama sole-purpose, Non-for-Profit Foundation. The costs associated with maintaining the foundation are included in this Grant. The same Conditions of the Grant detailed in the original founding proposal still apply.
The grant will be provided as a vesting contract of stablecoins assigned to a 2-out-of-3 signatures wallet. The key holders are the same as the previous grant.
The proposed team for the DAO Governance Squad is the following:
- Senior Product Lead - Gino Cingolani (Linkedin, Twitter)
- Senior Product Designer - Juani Ruiz Echazu (Linkedin, Dribbble, Github)
- Senior Full Stack Developer - JP Arnaudo (Github, Linkedin)
- Senior Full Stack Developer - Andy Espagnolo (Github, Linkedin)
- Junior Full Stack Developer - Nico Comerci (Github, Linkedin)
Note: This is the current team structure, we’re not planning to add new team members in this grant period.
Time Investment: ~520 monthly hours. (8% workload increase from previous grant term)
Budget: $29,893 USD per month or a total of $179,360 USD.
This budget includes:
- Team compensation: $161,360
- Operational expenses: $6,000
- Travel expenses for an industry-related event attendance: $12,000
- Check Devcon Bogotá report here.
Financial report of the previous Grant here.
Roadmap and milestones
Our north star remains the same: Continue improving the mechanisms for which the DAO Community engages with the governance process to lower the friction and increase the quality and frequency of contributions to the DAO. Those contributions could take the form of participation in proposal voting and discussion, engagement with grants or ongoing projects, and discussions in working groups or public spaces such as Discord and the Forum.
We will know that we’re building the right things right if we see:
- # of wallets/users participating in the DAO (Voting, creating, or commenting)
- % of in-world users participating in the DAO
- % of median VP participating per proposal
- % of delegated VP in circulation
To see a detailed breakdown of proposed initiatives please click here. The roadmap is subject to change based on community feedback and needs.
The team will follow agile development practices to ensure a lean implementation of DAO governance requirements and continuous improvement of such features. The team will provide updates to the community, gather feedback and answer questions at the open DAO Town Hall meetings and Discord server. Monthly Demo recordings will be provided as well.
Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO