by 0x511a22cdd2c4ee8357bb02df2578037ffe8a4d8d (ginoct)
Should the following $133,399 grant in the Core Unit category be approved?
Renew the budget to fund the operations of the GovSquad Core Unit for the next six months. This unit’s mission is to: Enable users to make better decisions by providing the information and technical infrastructure to do it in a quick, easy, and delightful way. They are responsible for maintaining and improving the DAO Governance dApp, TransparencyOS, and its ecosystem.
133,399 USD in DAI
Formed in January 2022 with a Community Grant from the Decentraland DAO, the DAO Governance Squad has evolved into a comprehensive product development team. Emphasizing open, agile methodologies, we engage with the community for feedback, enhancing the decentralized governance of the DAO, the Governance dApp, and its ecosystem. See how the platform looked back in January ‘22 when we started developing it and how it looks now to understand the value delivered by our team.
For this Grant period, following community input on Core Unit’s Grant proposals recently, we’ve decided to cut our budget by 25%. This decision stems from the recent downturn in the crypto and metaverse markets. While the situation is improving, we believe in building efficiently during this market conditions to prepare for the next bull run. Additionally, the Governance platform has reached a level of maturity that allows us to optimize our workload. Our focus now will be on implementing binding community decisions, improving existing features, maintaining critical platform aspects (like security and third-party integrations), and introducing some new features.
A team like us must exist to ensure the continuity, decentralization, and security of the DAO ops but at this point, the effort is not the same as it was so charging the DAO for the same workload that we had in the past looked unfair. The team will maintain all the current responsibilities towards the community and in the future might look into other promising projects in the ecosystem.
The team will follow agile development practices to ensure a lean implementation of DAO governance requirements and continuous improvement of such features. The team will update the community via Project Updates, gather feedback using Canny, and answer questions at the open DAO Town Hall meetings and Discord server. Monthly Demo recordings will be provided as well.
Check the Transparency Dashboard here and the Governance homepage to see some key metrics of the DAO operations and community engagement.
Extended version in the Comments section
- Notifications v2
- Expanding the DAO Notifications system to include new types, covering all possible actions by DAO members.
- Projects View
- Developing a new view for approved DAO-funded projects, separating them from proposals for clarity and easy access to crucial information.
- Proposal Resubmission Flow
- Introducing a formal process to link resubmitted proposals with previous ones, preserving transparency and discussion continuity.
- Marvin Morning Brief
- Utilizing AI to deliver daily briefs on the latest DAO proposals, updates, and Discord server discussions.
- Multi-Delegation Strategy in Polygon
- Continuing the development of this community-approved feature, overcoming technical challenges for successful deployment.
- Binding Community Decisions
- Assisting in the implementation of community decisions requiring development on Governance platforms.
- DAO Landing Page
- Revamping the outdated DAO Landing page, integrating it with the DAO Homepage to better articulate the DAO’s value proposition.
- Badges v2
- Enhancing the DAO Badges system to bolster the social reputation mechanism, with plans for new badges and potential integration with VP calculations.
- Proposal Format Editor
- Implementing a user-friendly WYSIWYG tool to replace the current Markdown-based proposal creation tool, enhancing usability.
- Support for In-World DAO HQ
- Collaborating on the in-world DAO HQ project, ensuring integration of critical DAO actions within the Decentraland client.
- Addressing security vulnerabilities.
- Maintaining integrations and third-party services.
- Focusing on infrastructure and deployment.