by 0x511a22cdd2c4ee8357bb02df2578037ffe8a4d8d (ginoct)
Should the following $187,504 grant in the Core Unit category be approved?
Renew the budget to fund the DAO Governance Squad established in January 2022. This core unit’s mission is: Enable users to make better decisions by providing the information and technical infrastructure to do it quickly, easily, and delightfully and they are the team responsible for maintaining and improving the DAO Governance dApp and its ecosystem.
187,504 USD in DAI
The DAO Governance Squad was created in January 2022 due to a Community Grant given by the Decentraland DAO. From its inception, it has grown into a fully-featured product development team working in an open and agile way, focused on improving the capabilities of the central governance platform of the Decentraland DAO, the Governance dApp, and its ecosystem.
This grant will set up a budget for the next 6 months to run this team. This grant could be extended upon a further decision of the DAO if the project succeeds in its objectives. The DAO Governance Squad has been set up as a Panama sole-purpose, Non-for-Profit Foundation. The costs associated with maintaining the foundation are included in this Grant. The same Grant conditions detailed in the original founding proposal still apply.
To see the previously shipped initiatives check the previous Grant request proposal here. You can also see the demos we recorded here. Check the changelog here and the last monthly project update with a recap of all things shipped in the previous 6 months here.
Check the Transparency Dashboard here and the Governance homepage to see some key metrics of the DAO operations and community engagement.
The team will follow agile development practices to ensure a lean implementation of DAO governance requirements and continuous improvement of such features. The team will update the community, gather feedback and answer questions at the open DAO Town Hall meetings and Discord server. Monthly Demo recordings will be provided as well.
Check our previous financial report here.
EXTENDED VERSION IN THE COMMENTS SECTION (Yes, I know, we need to extend the character limit in this field, it’s now in our backlog )
- Working on implementing Multi-Delegation Strategy in Polygon as approved by a binding Governance proposal.
- Reworking the Grants page into a dashboard for ongoing projects including Grants, Tenders, and Bid proposals.
- Crafting a daily brief using AI technology to simplify DAO-related information digestion.
- Implementing personalized notifications based on DAO activity.
- Allowing community participation and questions in project updates.
- Improving DAO Home Dashboard with activity ticker.
- Continuing implementation DAO Badges system to reward users based on activity and DAO contributions.
- Developing identity-related features, linking Discord and other accounts to wallet-based DCL accounts.
Maintenance & Committee Tooling
- Improving tools for Wearable Curations Committee.
- Moving from Goerli to Sepolia test net for testing and development.
- Updating Vesting Contract pages to reflect new features.