[DAO: QmcdwXx] DAO Governance Squad 2H2022 Renewal

by 0x511a22cdd2c4ee8357bb02df2578037ffe8a4d8d (ginoct#4d8d)

Should the following Tier 6: up to $240,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Platform Contributor category be approved?

Abstract

Renew and expand the previously passed Grant to fund the team responsible for maintaining and improving the DAO Governance dApp.

Previous Grant proposal here

Note that due to limits on the text extension of the Proposal form we linked to a Notion page with more details. Read it here

Grant size

172,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0x3bf800b6F5c987b3738432068f789b7d131F1698

Description

The DAO Governance Squad has been created in January 2022 as a result of a Community Grant given by the Decentraland DAO. From its inception, it has grown into a fully-featured product development team working in an open and agile way, focused on improving the capabilities of the main governance platform of the Decentraland DAO, the Governance dApp, and its ecosystem.

To see a detailed breakdown of the initiatives it has achieved in the last 4 1/2 months (There are 1 1/2 months left in the current Grant period) read this.

Check the changelog here and the thread with monthly updates here.

Check the Transparency Dashboard to see some key metrics of the DAO operations here.

This Grant proposal aims to continue this development path taking into account the needs of the Decentraland DAO community and its multiple stakeholders for the upcoming 6 months. A detailed view of the objectives can be found in the Roadmap and Milestones section of this proposal.

Specification

This grant will set up a budget to run this team for the next 6 months. This grant could be extended upon a further decision of the DAO if the grant succeeds in its objectives.

The DAO Governance Squad has been set up as a Panama sole-purpose, Non-for-Profit Foundation. The costs associated with maintaining the foundation are included in this Grant. The same Conditions of the Grant detailed in the previous proposal still apply.

The grant will be provided as a vesting contract of stable coins assigned to a 2-out-of-3 signatures wallet. The key holders are Gino Cingolani, Yemel Jardi, and Manuel Araoz in their respective capacities as Squad Lead, DAO Committee Member, and Trusted Community Member.

Personnel

The proposed team of the DAO Governance Squad is the following:

Note: This is the current team structure, we’re not planning to add new team members in this grant period.

Time Investment: ~480 monthly hours or ~120 weekly hours. (33% workload increase from previous grant project)

Budget: $28,660 USD per month or a grand total of $172,000 USD.

This budget includes:

• Team salaries: $146,000
  • Operational expenses: $6,000
  • Travel and accommodation expenses for an industry-related event attendance: $20,000

Financial report of the previous Grant period detailed here.

Roadmap and milestones

Our north star remains the same: We will continue improving the mechanisms for which the DAO Community engages with the governance process to lower the friction and increase the quality and frequency of contributions to the DAO. Those contributions could take the form of participation in proposal voting and discussion, engagement with grants or ongoing projects, and discussions in working groups or public spaces such as Discord and the Forum.

The work planned ahead is organized on three main themes (Engagement, Community Building, and Development Experience) that will guide the development journey. We are maintaining the Engagement theme from our previous Grant and proposing two new ones.

To see a detailed breakdown of proposed initiatives please click here. Roadmap is subject to change based on community feedback and needs.

The team will follow agile development practices to ensure a lean implementation of DAO governance requirements and continuous improvement of such features. The team will provide updates to the community, gather feedback and answer questions at the open DAO Town Hall meetings and over Discord.

The work the team is currently doing is visible on this Github Project.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

I was wondering ,When Name Claim?

1 Like

“Yes” I was Wondering the same thing , When Name Claim? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

what do you mean?

The DAO Governance Squad has been doing great work. Thanks @yemel for starting this initiative, and the whole team for their contributions to the DAO. Voted yes!

4 Likes

All That VP on The Account That Submitted The Proposal But No Name? Why No Name? Does He Not Believe?

1 Like

It may soon become a requirement for submitting proposals. Everyone should consider Minting a name. :100:

1 Like

@SinfulMeatStick @OfficialCryptoCube I get your point and understand it, having your name claimed is a clear sign of commitment to the project and the community. But it is not the only one, 6 months ago I decided to leave my full-time, stable job at a prestigious and successful software company to commit myself to the Decentraland project, investing a lot of hours trying to improve the way the community engages with the governance process and the tools built around that. It is true that I didn’t acquired a name yet but I feel that I, as well as the other team members (Some of them with names claimed :smiley: ), have been showing commitment and responsibility by delivering value every week.

Thanks @maraoz for the support!

3 Likes

DAO Governance Squad 2H2022 Renewal

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 100% 11,850,457 VP (51 votes)
  • No 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

DAO Governance Squad 2H2022 Renewal

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

Vesting Contract Address: 0x4A0B76CF4eD1B41F708F759089B9831fae7F3bE1

1 Like