[DAO:fd705d6] Review of Delegate's VP issued by Esteban Ordano

Given I have VP delegation, I’m going to try and be as objective as possible, but know it will be hard as I’m clearly part of the subject matter here.

First, I want to thank you for sharing your sentiments. It’s always important people regardless if we agree or not are heard for what they feel or are going through. So I hope amongst this you know I am hearing you, but also sharing my views based on my history of over a year in this space.

Speaking of history, I’d like to ask those involved how much of the histories they know of how some of the community delegation has happened? Not just the last 6 months, but prior to the 500k delegation? When 100k delegations we’re given out to maybe 5 or so of us? Or, even before that when no one in the community had any delegation from anyone involved in Foundation about a year ago? AKA when the community started the call to get as many people applying for delegation. All in hopes we could get maybe even a fraction of a percentage of us delegated, so we could rally and align for community who had no chance against whales and unethical behavior that dominated the actual outcomes. This last year has only been the beginning of what we hope for community delegation.

I’m happy to try and piece together a factual timeline for you, so you can learn those histories, as I’m not sure they are really documented anywhere.

And if y’all didn’t know, ANYONE can STILL apply for VP delegation RIGHT NOW to help us with this fight we have been on for awhile now! I can only speak for myself, but I welcome ALL to apply. :point_down:

Here’s where I’ll get more personal in my thoughts… when I say fight… if you know, this last year has been a FIGHT for community. If you look at just my personal history with the DAO and what I have been through just because I was a voice and speaking up against bad actors, ethical issues, and grants seeking to only take — I think it would make more sense why I have delegation and vote the way they do.

Regardless of all that, I’m all for reviewing more candidates, and getting more VP in to more hands. This part I agree with 10000000%+.

As I was reviewed multiple times in order to get the different numbers of VP delegation I’ve had over the last year by different people who were delegating at different times. And all I did was be active in the DAO, community, DCL, and apply on that link above. I didn’t lobby my delegators, I didn’t even speak to any of them prior about VP delegation either. I haven’t even had much interaction with either of them, outside of DAO grants and comments, where I actually called both of them out on things >.< oops.

So sure review us, but there are also many others in the space that are delegated by non Foundation members with larger amounts of VP as well. I’d say more a vast majority more VP than us 10 combined.

So I question now, why would this proposal silo to one specific group of people delegated? Is this just because it was Esteban? Is it just because it’s the 10 people and how they are voting and how you view that voting? Does this have any relation to any proposal you were a part of? Cherry picking can be divisive. Especially when fairness is discussed in this proposal.

What I really don’t want, is the community to become divided about something that was originally and still is a community fight to have more say in voting and trying to get more VP into more hands.

IMO, there are much larger issues like general VP inequity, and large whales still controlling outcomes(who are also delegated VP BTW), projects and their own DAOs being whales and controlling outcomes in the DAO, etc.

Hope this finds you well @3Point1Four, I’ve always appreciated our convos and what you’ve done in this space, and hope you understand my sentiments as well.

2 Likes