[DAO: QmVDiPm] Percentage based VP

by 0x07356b0edf9b934330f41952b09d076c3810c608 (Bet)

Currently the circulating MANA supply is 1.3b VP

The LAND supply is 90,000 * 2,000VP = 180m VP
(minus roads, districts and plazas)

NAME supply is 31,000 = 3.1m VP

Wearables = 0 VP

My proposal is that we transition to a percentage based system to calculate VP.

MANA 49%
LAND 49%
NAMES 1%
WEARABLES 1%

Example of a vote:

| ITEM | % | YES | % | NO |
|—|—|—|
|MANA | 42% | 600,000 mana vote yes | 7% |100,000 mana vote no |
|LAND | 9.8% | 20 land vote yes | 39.2% | 80 land vote no |
|NAME | 0.1% | 10 names vote yes | 0.9% | 90 names vote no |
|WEAR | 0.5% | 0 wearables vote yes | 0.5% | 0 wearables vote no |
| Result | 52.4% | YES |47.6% | NO |

Yes would win in this example.

There would still be a minimum MANA VP for grants.

Why change it?
There are a lot of institutions that have full custody of their customers MANA that could vote on proposals against our communities interest. Similar to how steem was hijacked by tron. https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2020/03/02/why-crypto-should-care-about-justin-suns-steem-drama/ .
I believe this proposal would make it more fair for the users. Suggestions in the forum.

• I approve of this upgrade!
  • Keep it as it is.
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Percentage based VP

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• I approve of this upgrade! 79% 1,455,907 VP (27 votes)
  • Keep it as it is. 21% 392,953 VP (6 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

I would put name and wearables(maybe not) in the same group as MANA.

I totally agree of having LAND in separate percentage, 50/50, I proposed that time ago. I see LAND as more involvement in decentraland project.

I see your point here Pablo. It’s a really good point. It really is. In fact, I would like to see that happen because it would give me more power at the DAO. But the way I see it. Mana is important because it is what funds the DAO. We can be certain that Mana Holders will know that the value of their Mana is dependent on the strength of the DAO.

As long as the DAO looks strong, so too will Mana. They will fight strongly for the original vision of this project, because that shows a strong DAO. It’s why I got involved with this project in the first place.

If we want to see Metaverse happen, we’re going to have to give MANA some power. This is the reason I joined this project. Yes without the land owners, this place wouldn’t exist in the first place - but without the Mana Holders, the DAO wouldn’t have the purchasing power it currently does. The More Mana that is held, the more powerful the DAO becomes.

I would also like to see more Land owners actually exercise their rights here at the DAO. We as land owners still have a strong say in what happens. The less we are lackadaisical about this the more power we have - I think this makes collaboration important to everybody. MANA holders, LAND owners, and the players who have NAMES and WEARABLES. Everyone is involved in the ways they need to be.

This is how I see it.

1 Like

Percentage based VP

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)

Passed by community vote

I mentioned some things in the discord.
There are times when votes might discriminate against a specific group of VP holders.

So for example:
Reducing names VP to 25 MANA.
Was popular among LAND and MANA holders with almost 80% voting yes.
but was highly voted against by NAME owners with around 95% voting no.

So if there is a vote that singles out a specific group then the percentages should be different.

For example on a name vote:

MANA 24.5%
LAND 24.5%
NAMES 50%
WEARABLES 1%