This is an open call for candidates to join the first iteration of the DCL Ambassador Program.
Following the process established by this governance proposal, we are opening a public call for candidates. We will accept applications until 2023-10-06T17:00:00Z, and after that, we will proceed to interview the candidates, the final selection will be done by a community vote.
The Decentraland Community Ambassadors Program is an initiative designed to empower passionate and dedicated members of the Decentraland community to play a fundamental role in driving community engagement, fostering real-world connections, and promoting the Decentraland project globally. These ambassadors will be entrusted with organizing and leading IRL meetups, hackathons, talks, and other events, with the official support of the Decentraland Foundation and the Decentraland DAO.
- Empowering the Community through Decentralization: The Ambassador Program aligns with Decentraland’s core principle of decentralization by entrusting community members with the responsibility of representing and promoting Decentraland at various events globally. This promotes a sense of ownership and involvement, fostering a decentralized ecosystem
- Increased Awareness: Ambassadors will raise awareness and encourage more people to explore and join Decentraland and the DAO through meetups and representation at other events
- Community Building & Engagement: The program will foster networking and collaboration among existing community members
- Educating & Onboarding New Users: Ambassadors will introduce new users to Decentraland, providing guidance and support, and sharing skills, knowledge, and experiences
- Access to networking opportunities: Ambassadors will have the chance to connect with other like-minded individuals, Decentraland Foundation members, and the broader community at events and meetups.
- Decentraland Foundation communication channel: access to specific communications channels for support, sharing knowledge between Ambassadors, testing forthcoming features, etc.
- Recognition in Decentraland’s social media accounts: Ambassadors will receive public acknowledgment and appreciation for their efforts in promoting Decentraland, and a special “Ambassador” DAO badge.
- Other: Custom Decentraland swag, and the chance to meet up with friends.
- Working collaboratively with the Ambassador Program Manager to plan events and submit expenses
- Organizing and hosting local meetups every 2 months (2x over the course of this initial test)
- Producing and distributing Decentraland-branded swag (stickers, t-shirts, keychains)
- Foundation to develop approved designs/templates and have a space for new design approvals if they want to be creative.
- Representing Decentraland at other relevant events in their areas
- Documenting events through photos and videos and sharing event recaps
- Being a mentor for onboarding new members of the community
Step 1: Initial Application Respond to this forum with the responses to the questions below.
Step 2: Initial screening and interviews: All applications will be reviewed by the vetting committee.
- The initial committee consists of advisors (Kim + Gino) + the Program Manager role (If the Foundation hires them before the round of interviews)
- The committee’s role is to screen the applications by reading them through, conducting online interviews, and approving suitable candidates that fit the criteria for the next round.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview to discuss their plans and motivations in more detail. This is also an opportunity for candidates to ask any questions they may have about the role and the program.
Step 3: Selection for public voting. Candidates will advance to the public voting stage based on their application and interview performance. Each chosen candidate’s application will then be made public and submitted for a community vote for the final decision via a DAO poll. 10 Ambassadors will be selected for this iteration of the program.
Step 4: Orientation: The final selected Ambassadors will be our initial class of ambassadors and will receive an orientation and necessary materials to begin their roles.
Ambassadors will be selected based on their application.
- Experience and engagement with Decentraland: Candidates should be active users of Decentraland and have a thorough understanding of its values, features, and community
- Event Organization Skills: Prior experience in organizing meetups or similar events is beneficial. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to handle logistics, promote events, and engage attendees
- Communication Skills: Strong communication skills are essential for Ambassadors as they will be representing Decentraland at events and meetups. They should be able to effectively present Decentraland to various audiences.
- Diversity: The goal of the program is to create a global and plural network of Ambassadors. This involves selecting diverse representatives from various regions around the world, different genders, and different backgrounds (As long as they have the required experience).
- Community Recognition: Ambassadors should be respected, recognized, and well-behaved members of the Decentraland community.
To be considered you have to reply to this thread before 2023-10-06T17:00:00Z.
Please copy-paste the following questions and include your answers.
- What is your name?
- What is your primary DCL wallet address?
- Where do you live (city/area & country)?
- This is to ensure we have a variety of geographical representation.
- Future iterations of the Ambassador program will not require geography to be disclosed as they may be remote opportunities.
- Why are you applying?
- What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?
- What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring with you?
- Please share the details of an event you’ve planned in the past.
- What type of event was it?
- What was your role?
- How many people attended?
- How did you define success? Was it successful?
- Can you commit to planning at least 2 IRL events in your geographical area over the next 6 months?
- Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.
- Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.