[DAO:294685a] A Multi-Platform Entertainment Series Designed to Boost DCL Brand Awareness

Hello Cheddar, I have noticed that you tend to have intermittent presence in DCL, and as a result, you may miss out on valuable information. Here are some points I would like to clarify:

1.Our grant was revoked not due to any misuse of funds, but rather because we needed to clarify certain aspects of our proposal. The GSS posted the requirements on the previous forum and encouraged us to resubmit our proposal. There were no additional conditions or requirements beyond that.

2.There are no contracts or promises of funds for anyone who votes or comments on our proposal.

3.Metatrekkers onboard many people to DCL, and as a result, the community may see a lot of new faces participating in the DAO town hall and other DCL channels. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

4.Individuals who have been consistently involved in DCL for a long time are familiar with the metrics and where they come from.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Thank you Biometa for constantly being here supporting Metatrekkers in DCL and being here every step of the way! We have met in DCL and hang out in DCL! Your streaming services and our partnership has been a key component to onboarding numerous amount of individual! Thank you as well for supporting our twitter spaces that we stream in DCL and Spatial every Tuesday.

1 Like

Thank you Nodo for bringing your advertising agency in DCL! By collaborating with you, this can help us achieve sustainability by generating funds and not having to come back to the Dao for grants again! I canā€™t say we are your top 1 client as far as onboarding, but maybe top 3?:face_holding_back_tears: We really enjoy the support you give to each and every community project.

You already promised your last grant was a one-time thing. Given your refusal to answer @HPrivakos when he asks, why would anyone expect this to be the last time you come to squeeze money from the treasury to fill your bags?

1 Like

intermittent presence in DCL

LOL this is rich. do you ever login except for one of your events? i never see you around and have yet to talk to anyone who does. yet, i see cheddar in-world fairly frequently.

• a daily active user
3 Likes

Hello, Chris, I appreciate the response.

As you know, I have been following this, and other grants closely, asking questions and giving feedback. I wrote an analysis of your previous grant, I was the top voter in the DAO in February and currently have a 95% participation rate. You can also find me in-world almost daily creating photo/video content.

I understand the GSS wants to leave it up to the community to decide. After carefully reading thru their recommendations on your previous grant and your new proposal, not only do I not believe your grant will not benefit Decentraland but I believe we are setting a dangerous precedent by allowing anyone who has had a grant revoked to apply for/receive more DAO funds.

I want to clarify, that I am not insinuating anyone commenting on this grant has some ā€œcontractā€ or ā€œpromisesā€ of funds. I simply ask the community to consider who is supporting this grant, what is their connection to MT and the MT DAO, and whether they stand to benefit from the passing of this grant.

New faces participating in the DAO is a great thing, and I welcome it, but as you stated, they are new, and onboarded by you, so they may have ā€œmissed out on valuable informationā€ since they have not been here for the past year to see the discussions, community concerns and past actions regarding MT use of DAO funds.

I am not a landowner or manager, and donā€™t have access to the metrics database you used to provide the information in your proposal. That does not mean that I am not ā€œconsistently involved with DCL for a long timeā€. I pinged you on Discord and asked questions about the information you provided, but you did not answer. Dax did answer, and he provided the answers I needed, so I am now familiar with where the information came from. :wink:
However, looking at the metrics you provided, we can see that week after week, the average time users spent on your parcel during events was less than 5 minutes. I would ask community members to please review these metrics. For those who do have access to the information, please review it in comparison to other parcels that hold events on a regular basis. Take into consideration the new grants structure and the requirements for each category, and determine if the results delivered by MT are in line with the BEST use of DAO funds, or worthy of this much money.

On another note about "intermittent presence in DCL, I would like to remind that after the previous MT grant was revoked and the grants pause went into effect, the project went silent and stopped hosting events, while others in the community put building and creating into overdrive in preparation for MVFW and actually boosting DCL.

Thank you for taking my comments into consideration, I appreciate your time. Have a good weekend.

2 Likes

Hi MT, I recall a similar proposal was created and rejected by the GSS. Following the discussion of that GSS, I note that you have answered majority of the questions posed by the GSS which leads to the GSS encouraging you to resubmit the proposal.

I have attended some of your events in Metatrekkersā€™ scene in Dragon City and i personally enjoyed them. I have also attended some of your Twitter spaces to discuss on Decentraland and promoting digital artists and events using Decentraland as your platform. So, from an outsider point of view, you are doing a number of fruitful stuffs leveraging on Decentraland.

My question is in terms of self-sustainability. As this is a relatively high amount that you are asking. Do you have any intend to self-sustain the project after this grant and if you do, could you share a high level plan on it?

In terms of ROI back to Decentraland, how do you see this proposal, if granted and enacted, provide value to the community and the platform as a whole?

Historically, MT has asked for big amounts in grants and they have been executed. As i did not attend to any of MT events back then, could you briefly share what were the challenges faced that made u unable to be able to self-sustain?

3 Likes

Thank you MetaDoge for believing in us and giving us a chance! We are trying our best to onboard new users and make DCL even more fun and engaging.

1 Like

Thank you Gaian! We look forward to collaborating with you and limewire as well! We really enjoyed the Soulja Boy performance and hope to do more big concerts like this in the Metaverse together! I canā€™t wait to the community sees what we have in store!!!

1 Like

Thank you @Metancy! This is the Goal! Extremely clearly written! Thank you for taking the time out to read our proposal and highlight the benefits of what we can contribute to DCL! United we stand, divided we fall!

1 Like

This is an easy YES! MetaTrekkers delivered a professional first round of DJ battle sessions under BeatTrekkers 1, and I canā€™t wait for BT2! I was involved in BT1 as a special performer and saw firsthand the energy and hard work the MT team put in to ensure all guests had a great experience in Decentraland. Because of BT, I was able to connect with other creatives in the space and got to know lots of DCL venues that I didnā€™t know before. The MT team carried themselves professionally each time I performed. They also hosted Twitter Spaces prior to each battle, and their consistency in onboarding new users to DCL is valuable for anyone who wants to see DCL grow. Payment was done through the blockchain and was on time. MT hosted a Day of the Dead event celebration I produced for NFTianguis, a Latin American community project. MT provided me with support to run the livestream, promote the event, and ensure its success. From my experience, itā€™s clear that MetaTrekkers are not only focused on growing their own project but also on supporting and helping others, like my own project.

Next week, I will be speaking at NFTNYC and have included the BeatTrekkers event series as one of the audio-visual metaverse projects to reference. It will be an honor to share with the international community the creativity and hard work that MetaTrekkers are doing in the Decentraland space.

In the past, this project was attacked with baseless claims stemming from jealousy and negativity. The MT team has done an excellent job with their project, and I hope the larger community understands that this is the first DJ Battle Project in the metaverse, with style, good intentions, and hard work. Itā€™s a very cool idea to bring together DJs, venues, and music lovers into a DJ competition series, and the MT team has executed their roadmap in a professional and successful manner. I look forward to seeing the continued growth and success of BeatTrekkers and MetaTrekkers in Decentraland!

3 Likes

Thank you Masha from Digifun! We really enjoyed collaborating with you all on BeatTrekkers and many other mixed collaborations! Looking forward to many more in the future.

Thank you Mr.BigMouth! You are one of several DJs we onboarded through BeatTrekkers! You later went on to perform for Decentraland Birthday anniversary! The birth of DCL! We are so happy to see how far we all came! We are glad you are developing well in this space! Hope to hear more news around your development in DCL! Furthermore you are welcome to perform in BeatTrekkers 2! Keep up the excellent work!

Hi @SteveSaiko , working with you has been an humbling experience! You have been very supportive and patience with us the whole way! We have learned so much from you and enjoyed every performance you put on! The community was so engaged and everyone had a blast!

ā€œitā€™s not about you or your relationships. Itā€™s about MUSIC, Musicians,djā€™s & people that love musicā€¦and they are so many out there ! ā€œ

I love this quote from you above Steve! Itā€™s about music, entertainment and having the DCL community enjoying themselves!

Regardless of what you heard or we went through, you were so patient and understanding! Things arenā€™t easy organising this kind of event but we did it together as a community!

Also one more thingā€¦ā€¦

Congratulations on winning first place for BeatTrekkers! Your set was fire! :fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

I cast my vote in favor of the proposal, not merely because I have personally benefited from hosting events such as Wearable Wednesday and Fan Art Friday, or because Metatrekkers has successfully transitioned to Twitter Spaces to showcase diverse artists. My reasons for supporting this initiative are manifold and rooted in a balanced perspective:

1. Resilience: Metatrekkers has demonstrated unwavering commitment, persisting even in the face of adversity.
  2. Financial Responsibility: All involved parties, including performers, venues, and organizers, have been fairly compensated.
  3. Adaptability: Despite the initial grant for Beattrekkers 2 being revoked, Metatrekkers responded proactively by proposing and seeking support for a new grant. As was directed by the GSS.
  4. Collective Effort: Metatrekkers is not a one-person endeavor; it is a community of individuals who share a common vision and work together to achieve it.
  5. Expansion Opportunities: The event is anticipated to attract new performers and their respective fan bases, increasing Decentralandā€™s visibility.
  6. Inclusive Opportunities: Various venues will have the chance to host events on their land, fostering greater engagement.
  7. Positive Testimonials: Numerous DJs who participated in the event have provided favorable feedback, reinforcing the projectā€™s credibility.

While I acknowledge that some instances of miscommunication or tense exchanges may have occurred, (I donā€™t defend those) I have personally taken the initiative to address any concerns directly with Metatrekkers. In several cases, my inquiries preceded similar questions raised by others. I believe that focusing on the positive impact and future potential for Decentraland is essential for a balanced evaluation of this proposal.

I have mentioned also, as @ZESTYBEAM stated, to Metatrekkers that there needs to be a bigger presence from them. There should be no reason why not. I agree with you on that point and hope to see that change.

@CheddarQueso I would like to point out that the majority of events that Metatrekkers has held, have been held at the other venues that participated in Beattrekkers 1. In many cases only the voting at the end would there be traffic. They did have a New Years event that also was not celebrated at their parcel. The parcel though is open to NFT holders to use should there be no conflicting schedule. Mostly for this year its just been art pieces from the artists that come through the Twitter Space on Tuesdays have been displayed.

And if it really really matters, I can revoke my measly 200 something VP for the YES vote as I will benefit from this proposal, but in a very small way.

2 Likes

He didnā€™t promised, he ā€œtriedā€ to shoot.

4 Likes

Hello @Metancy Thank you for the positive feedback on the proposal. The whole team is grateful and really appreciate your support and for believing in BeatTrekkers and MetaTrekkers. See you soon at the BeatTrekkers '23 :slight_smile: :blush:

1 Like

doesnā€™t seem like he tried very hard

Thank you @Existential14 I donā€™t mean to imply any wrongdoing on your part. I do have to disagree that MT has demonstrated unwavering commitment, as there has been very little participation, collaboration or hosting of events since the last grant was revoked and thru the grants pause and MVFW. These last few months have been high gear and MT has not shown that level of involvement.

I am happy to see collaboration between venues and artists finding work in Decentraland, but it has to come with a return on investment in the form of KPI and MT has not demonstrated that they deliver in this area.

The number of overall unique visitors seems nice, but if you look at the dates, you can see that the numbers are for the whole week, not the date of the event.

Even if we account for the entire week, as there were pre and after events, if we look at the time spent on parcel, the only event that made a slim significant impact of 9 minutes was week 2 at the Strong Holdā€¦

Here is the last slide for the last 2 weeks of BT. By now the event should have gained some traction but we see that the results delivered are minimal.

I donā€™t have access to this data, but I would wager that, in comparison to other events, that have cost us less money, these metrics do not reflect the best use of DAO funds for in-world content.

In closing, I wish to respond to other comments that, while I agree some members of the community took it upon themselves to attack Chris personally, I am not speaking from a place of jealousy or negativity, and that I believe the information I am presenting is not baseless, but directly relates to the requirements in the new grant structure that the community enacted post grant pause. I would like to say that I am not trying to attack Chris or MT, and that my dissent of this proposal stems purely from my opinion that this grant in particular does not benefit DCL.

If you read this far, thank you again for your time. See you in-world.

3 Likes

metatrekkers have been excellent on all fronts, community, music, art, giving people new hope within a new world(metaverse). metatrekkers have been aweome to myself in so many ways not just throug their metatrekkers co but also on a personal level. together we also will have some huge news which will take the music nft world by storm in bringing something quite new to decentraland and giving aspiring djs and artist a critical platform to be able to perform to a worldwid eudience. the future is bright the future is metatrekkers bound :slight_smile:

2 Likes