[DAO:12b8f6a] RESUBMISSION: A Multi-Platform Entertainment Series to Boost DCL Brand Awareness

by 0x86edb92e217605dbecf606548e48daaf1b817da1 (MetaTrekkers)

Should the following $150,000 grant in the In-World Content category be approved?

Abstract

This resubmission was encouraged by the Grant Support Squad (GSS) & Revocation Committee to provide a better explanation and more detailed event information. Check our last proposal here: A Multi-Platform Entertainment Series Designed to Boost DCL Brand Awareness

Full Proposal: BT3 - A Multi-Platform Entertainment Series Designed to Boost DCL Brand Awareness - Google Docs

MetaTrekkers’ mission has always been to become an immersive platform that allows artists to tap into endless opportunities in the metaverse. We want to use Decentraland DAO’s support to become an artist-supporting platform

Grant size

150,000 USD in DAI

Project duration

4 months

Beneficiary address

0x50a83425d537e39a0b7f884dCC07e6f4F37A09F3

Email address

hello@metatrekkers.io

Description

MetaTrekkers, with over 2 years of experience in Decentraland, specializes in organizing events such as concerts and art shows. We understand that a vibrant environment relies on a close-knit community with access to diverse features, fostering interaction and engagement within the metaverse. Our goal is to be the platform that unites artist and metaverse-user communities, rewarding them for participating in a variety of entertainment events, sessions, and talks.

Establishing MetaTrekkers as an artist and entertainment platform, which constantly develops new concepts based on community involvement, will provide a ramp for Decentraland to multiply its reach and an incentive for artists and fans alike to discover the endless possibilities featured in a socially active, virtual environment. The possibility for the Decentraland DAO and the platform to become a hub for visionary artists who want to explore the virtual environment and experiment together with their following relies on investing in the proper partnership and communication opportunities, like the MetaTrekkers x Venice Music collaboration and the development of a Decentraland onboarding standard, which will be made available to all Decentraland venues through an open-source kit.

BeatTrekkers 1

External Image

BeatTrekkers 2
External Image
External Image

BeatTrekkers is currently the biggest DJ battle series of events in the metaverse, BeatTrekkers is MetaTrekkers’ biggest initiative to date as it successfully concluded two (2) series already which engaged a total of thirty-six (36) competing artists, twenty-four (24) guest artists, the Decentraland and MetaTrekkers community, plus new audiences.

Since we aim to give back to the community as much as we can, one of the main rewarding ideas within BeatTrekkers is to give fans & supporters access to the artists’ work, aside from live performances, in the form of wearables, and NFTs, we aim to constantly add value to both the user and artist’s experience, which is why using the grant to market and advertise the platform and events will be a direct investment into increase notoriety and exposure for the artists, bringing visitors and users to Decentraland and allowing us to offer increasingly attractive rewards for the community.

The BeatTrekkers series has the potential to become a platform for Decentraland to onboard artists in the music industry. We believe that by partnering with Decentraland, we can provide a unique and immersive experience for music fans and help grow the Decentraland community.

As BeatTrekkers, we have a proven track record of delivering high-quality music events & believe that our experience can help Decentraland reach wider audience. We commit to working with Decentraland to create a series of unforgettable events.

To achieve this goal, we are requesting a grant of $150,000. This funding will be used to cover the costs of marketing, event production, and artist fees. We believe that this grant will pay off in the form of increased awareness and adoption of Decentraland, as well as providing a fun and immersive experience for art and music fans.

Roadmap and milestones

BeatTrekkers 1st Series (Finished Project)

External Image

Compilation of BeatTrekkers Series 1 Event Posters BeatTrekkers Venues - Google Docs

BeatTrekkers Series 2 Series (Finished Project)

External Image

Compilation of BeatTrekkers Series 2 Event Posters
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1\_GkDKgJEWd402wq5Besd6FbjVgFo3qIS?usp=sharing

BeatTrekkers Series 3 (Future Project)

Description:

BeatTrekkers is a unique, innovative entertainment concept developed by MetaTrekkers NFT. In the first season we had last year, Beattrekkers brought 12 participating DJs into a series of battle. You can read more from this: MetaTrekkers Announces BeatTrekkers, a DJ Battle Series in the Metaverse

And we’ve just concluded the BeatTrekkers 2 that brought 24 DJs, 33 Partner Venues, and 24 Guest Artists!

And now we are bringing BeatTrekkers 3 DJ Battle!

External Image

Registration Form: Beattrekkers 3 Artist Sign-up Form

ACCOUNTABILITY AND METRICS

External Image

External Image

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

3 Likes

HI DCL Community, This is the same grant from last year. When we filled the grant application last year, the revocation committee said we made a mistake in the process. They asked us to resubmit it. Unfortunately there were some whales who are not really engaged on the platform and thought we were submitting a new proposal. We don’t plan on submitting any more new proposals for BeatTrekkers and this will hopefully be our last and final one to self sustainability. We were able to onboard so many musicians and their fans. Give back to many venues and creators. We created a renaissance were everyone was involved from streamers , to host, SDK developers and many more. We want to finish our last phase of the grant and increase media presence on TikTok and many other social media platforms! So we are resubmitting now. We would really love to have your support to continue to finish what we started. Thank You🙏🏻

4 Likes

NO, that is my vote.

2 Likes

I really believe in this proposal. I witnessed how BeatTrekkers helped and encouraged different DJs around the world to participate, engage and connect in the Metaverse.

3 Likes

here we go again… $150k & 2 grants revoked later :yawning_face:

you did not create a renaissance, you created a war :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

I dont believe there is 1 human being alive thah is as supportive as chris, Hes a good friend when things get really thight! I’m glad he is trying to pick up his project again and will vote yes!

4 Likes

As I have said on multiple occasions, it is necessary for Decentraland to have activities and events. When I arrived a little over a year ago I felt attracted because every day there was a party or something to do and I saw a lot of potential in the platform. If we stop investing in these events (not just Beattrekkers, I mean all of them) the platform will seem decadent and lacking in activity and in this situation it will be impossible to attract new users.

3 Likes

Finally, your engaging party events are returning :man_dancing:. Let’s bring the noise back here. Good luck!

3 Likes

How does this solo Beattrekkers event cost $150k, but the last grant it was $93,250? Is there inflation on DJ battles I don’t know about?

To help you out, you should consider reducing the # of pre-shows, after shows, and the # of venues. As the metrics show, the numbers are low for these “fluff” events. Focus on the main show events. Eliminate half the venues.

Also, both the BT/MT twitter accounts have been radio silent since the last battle. You could of at least made recap videos/engaging content about your last two events, or find a way to stay engaged with the platform (DAO politicking and voting incompetently doesn’t count). It leaves me a big distaste when people like your team only post when funding is available.

The overall amount is overpriced for ONLY 4 months of events. I can think of a handful of DCL users who can take $30k and stretch those funds for 1 year of DJ battles, and do it more efficiently.

Other budget concerns:
Executive Team - How can we know if the compensation is NOT double counted? For example, is an executive team being a Community Manager AND receiving the “Executive Team” pay?
Marketing Ads - Overall your current marketing engagement is super low on all social media platforms, not sure where the hype will come all of the sudden if you stopped engaging with your “main” followers 2 months ago.
Graphic Designer - 22k for 4 months - How expensive is each image?
SDK Development - How much more does the MT Clubhouse need SDK for? At this point you should have received enough funds.
Publication - Is a $2000 Yahoo article worth it? How come I’ve never seen MT on NFTplazas, NFT Now, Blockster, Medium, Lenster before? Point is, it shouldn’t cost this much for just a solo article.

But not to my surprise, your DAO supporters/friends don’t think through these points financially & are only voting yes to not become an enemy of you for your “DAO politics connections”. I will question any YES voter’s ability to vote competently.

6 Likes

I loved the beatrekkers project I got so much fun and wearables hope this can continue again :pray:t2: :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Is it possible to see all of Artist X’s followers, and can they all comment here?

If i remember correctly, awhile back there were promises of beattrekkers being a one time grant and then using those funds to move toward self sustainability?

Were those goals abandoned?

1 Like

According to the idea that this is not a resubmission but a continuance from the revoked grants which total $306,500 why isn’t this explained in the proposal itself as opposed to a comment on the proposal?

Does that mean that out of the $306,500 requested to run these events (per the first 2 revoked grants) minus what was already paid/spent = $150,000?

156,000 out of the grant has already been paid out and/or spent?

I know my questions won’t get answered because according to some folks on the MT team I am = to a four year old watching baby shark videos and thus irrelevant and/or there is some assumption that “I know something” so it is better to stay quiet than to answer my questions because it will open a can that someone doesn’t want to open…

Pure speculation for the most part since I seem to be mostly ignored, hence my reluctance to participate in these things.

So if someone else thinks my questions are important, ask them. Cause they won’t get answered if I ask. Someone more important and relevant than myself needs to ask the questions.

At the end of the day, my voting power is pointless. It’s just Whales Vs. Whales here so don’t mind me. I probably won’t check back on this thread…

Good luck with your grant!

2 Likes

Looking forward to these events coming back! Glad to see the MT team’s grit and tenacity to bring back BestTrekkers.

One of the things I like about this team is how they try to unite people and teams across the platform. I appreciate that energy greatly.

I am cheering for this team and supporting wholeheartedly. Thank you for all you’ve done for DCL and all the work you continue to do behind the scenes.

Best of luck!!

Aren’t you on this team?

I have and may consult the team independently

TfmE2A1

1 Like

Ngl I was expecting more yes supporters to come out

1 Like

It has helped minimal DJs and Land Owners. If it does not pertain to them they do not care to engage. They do not support other events and projects in DCL. I was behind them for over a year. I have realized they are not all they seem. Not to mention, none of the DJs stick around and they don’t bring in new users. Ever. 2 seasons I have witnessed this. I have nothing to gain or lose by stating these facts.

2 Likes

Many of the events are done for free, why should this one be any different. Events are happening all the time. This brings no benefit to DCL and they don’t care about DCL. Ask them, where do they go when Beattrekkers isnt running. Ask them, what happened to the Metatrekkers NFT project that goes on the back burner when Beattrekkers is running. Ask them what happened to the Metatrekkers DAO being formed that all the meetings held were basically to allow them to show a possible investor what was supposed to be happenening but then died. You are certainly free to vote as you will but I recommend you look further into what is going on.

1 Like