[DAO:s5yeb4m] A Multi-disciplinary Platform to Onboard the Biggest Arts & Entertainment Names

Beyond tired of hearing about this. Innocent until proven guilty. To Kill a Mockingbird.
MetaTrekkers pitched this grant proposal, outlined everything and it got debated then voted on then passed. No evidence has been shown they have not been not following on their promises on what they outlined and in fact it has continued to be the opposite. Turn it back on or bring forth evidence. Simple.

2 Likes

I think everyone can agree on one thing, the GSS is not clarifying whether they verified the funds were spent correctly. From what I read it would seem so, but does not state it clearly. Why is that? I’ve asked several times now. Others have asked as well. 2 people continue to state that it has not been proven yet provide no proof themselves and no one has come forward to say they did not receive compensation. WTF? It’s a simple question. Were the venues, entertainers and others involved paid?

And no @Tudamoon, just because this was a web 3 event does not mean all are well versed in Web 3. I actually assisted one of the DJs not long ago in bridging from ETH to POLYGON and explaining the difference. 2 others had their wallets drained. No one is an expert at Web 3.

So much speculation and no evidence. Don’t come back to my comments unless you have that evidence. We could go into speculation on to the motives a couple people have to see this event fail and how it did nothing to boost the community or Decentraland. Think about your true reasons behind your actions. I know mine have all been for the betterment of Decentraland.

So one last time, @Zino do you have what was needed to show the funds went where they were supposed to go and is that information available some where? I don’t think MT should have dig it up for everyone who asks but should be in a location for someone to check for themselves.

And one last thing @tudamoon when I ask for the procedures and standards I was only asking for the same thing you did in another instance:

Tudamoon

2 months ago

This is all substantive. While this decision is backed by circumstantial evidence, I do believe due process is important. Can you point me in the direction of where I can find these procedures?

Id say this applies to this case as well. Thank you.

1 Like

Maybe that’s your answer right there. Most other projects this wasn’t an issue. Ask Chris, I am sure he will blame GSS before giving you a report of what he paid everyone.

That’s never the case with financial grants in real life or anywhere. In real life you have to keep in touch with the grant givers. He has to provide the evidence in his updates which he has failed to do. This was always the way. It’s not a criminal trial.

Thank you! But in reality shouldn’t have been Chris doing that to onboard him. He basically said web3 didn’t exist without him. The way Chris still talks about Ethereum shows his incompetence in the space.
Let’s face the facts, CHRIS doesn’t understand Web3.

Well I have more than proven Chris deceives others for money. He is NOT a Doctor. He paid the DJs different amounts for a fair competition.
There’s way more shady shit he is done. Chris avoiding every single question in regards to evidence is evidence alone. This is not a criminal trial. He is being paid money, for his grant to continue, he needs to provide that evidence to the public and he knows he can’t because I am assuming he misused the funds. Prove me wrong.

I need to see the context here, can you point this out to me? Because I do agree with this, however the procedures here are in place. You have to provide monthly updates. He has lied on one of them. I pointed that out. Forget about him lying on an update already?

1 Like

Two months go by and NOT 1 word out of Chris MT. Remember everyone for him to attend your event, he needs to be paid because otherwise you will never see him there. Two months no money = No Chris. Sounds like a leech, if there’s no blood, then the leech moves to another victim.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I don’t profess to fully understand all of this but I did want to share my experience as it does not marry up with the criticism levelled in this forum.

I’m Dan. My DJ name is Mr. Big Mouth - On and off over the last 15 years I have been a professional DJ & Music Producer. I have also run loads of club nights and events over that time. I took part in Beat Trekkers and came 2nd. My experience was that this event was transparently run by the Metatrekkers folks and effort was made to bring in as many new people as possible.

I had never been in the metaverse before. I was brought into the whole thing through MetaTrekkers social media campaign. I was tagged in a post on Twitter and Chris reached out to me to see if I would like to take part. We chatted on Twitter and then on a Discord call. He was straight forward, told me what I needed to do to take part and we got started.

I really loved how it was a community voting system. But also, I appreciated that people seemed to vote based on what they thought was best, rather than just on who they knew - they must have, or I would never have got anywhere as a complete newbie to this world.

I was paid for taking part, in line with what they had promised, on the days they said they would, via the Blockchain. In addition, I also made a number of other connections, which has meant I have been able to make some additional money through other events in the metaverse. Before meeting Chris and the Metatrekkers team, I had no idea there was an audience and an opportunity to be had here!

One of the things that seems to be coming up is about bringing big acts into the metaverse. This feels to me like an unrealistic expectation. Bigger acts take time. They will need to recognise the Beat Trekkers competition name and see value in taking part - bear in mind that competing at the highest level can take hundreds of hours planning and practice across the whole competition. I suspect that the DMC and IDA championships were quiet in their first few years and they were running in world that big name DJs are used to working in. Bigger acts look for more than just money. Their agents will be asking about the whole set up, the exposure, etc. They are inundated with opportunities so are often choosing ‘bigger’ gigs because they offer both money and exposure. You need to run a few of these for the Beat Trekkers brand to give these guys the additional incentive. In the interim, you are giving an opportunity to the up and coming acts to break through in a new medium. Very cool.

Running another Beat Trekkers this year and future years would widen the community of DJs involved, more of them mentioning it to their professional friends and eventually, after another year or so, you’d start to see a broader set of big names appearing to compete.

The grant being paused was a real shame. Not because I had won something and was waiting to be paid but because it creates nervousness about whether it is safe to put in the time as you may not get paid. Big acts will want security in their payment and this kind of thing will make them more nervous

During this time, Chris at MT was brilliant. He took the whole thing seriously. He could have just said ‘oh well’ but he didn’t. He took ownership. He fought, he provided all the right stuff, he communicated with me about what was going on. Honestly, if he was the shifty chap that some of these posts are making out, he wouldn’t have done that at all - he’d have had the perfect excuse to shift the blame.

I’d love to take part in future competitions and will gladly play shows for Chris, MT and any associated parties. This is because I trust they put in the time and effort to make these things a success.

Thanks,
Dan (Mr. Big Mouth)

2 Likes

Thank you for trying out Decentraland! Thank you for performing also. What was your thoughts? Would you be back?

He created that expectation. That was his words.

So he didn’t pay you? Where did the first $60k funds go to?

@Tudamoon I loved it. I had a tonne of fun doing it. It also works well for me. I have a young family and traditional DJ gigs come with a chunk of challenges for them. The prerecorded format meant I could work the show around my life, which is something DJs have never been able to do! It was also a great place to share new music and see reactions.

The community have been really supportive, liking/sharing my posts on Twitter so that’s helping get my music out there. My mailing list also grew in size. All very helpful. I’ve also done some collaboration with my fellow runner up GucciToe.

I have since been back on a number of occasions. For example, I did the music for the community fashion show run by MetaParty on Tuesday night.

On being paid, I was paid every penny. The prize money was put on hold but I have been paid that too now.

These are all very positive outcomes!

2 Likes

I agree it ain’t a criminal trial but it still applies and this is real life. Revoking grants with no evidence of misuse of funds is going to disincentive for builders to even apply in the first place. I don’t know if you know this but there is a 1 month cliff where builders have to upfront the costs of the ventures with their own money before getting reimbursed. This is communicating now those funds may not even be reimbursed for whatever reason people feel like with zero evidence of misuse, thus raising the bar of entry for people they may not be able to afford that loss. I get you trying to do good here Tudamoon by finding bad actors and i think no one against that including myself and even Metatrekkers. However don’t you think we should hold hold people accountable with evidence of misuse instead of he said she said?

You are required to give updates that need to satisfy the grant requirements. It’s part of the condition of the Grant. It doesn’t seem like we are having too much disincentive right now. Seems like Grants are still being asked for. Maybe it will deter more bad actors.

Boo Hoo! If you don’t like this, propose a change. They knew what they were getting into when they went for the grant. If you don’t believe in your project, then don’t take the risk.

In a civil case which is what this is, there is many circumstantial evidence that would find him meeting all the elements of fraud. It more than meets preponderance of the evidence standard. So saying there is no evidence is a lie. There is a ton of circumstantial evidence.

haha i mean if you do not empathy or care or have about encouraging builders in lower income parts of the world that wont be able to afford the grant they are applying for then yes i guess nothing I can say to you on that. it’s your right i guess.

I think you may have missed or pretending to not see that they have given updates. I thought that was obvious and did not need to be said since it is public information.

haha if your belief that “circumstantial evidence” or said she he said is just as just as good direct evidence in convicting someone of being guilty then ya nothing I can say to you to change your mind. According to Chainalysis 0.15% of known cryptocurrency transactions conducted in 2021 were involved in illicit activities like cybercrime, and Terrorism, representing a total of $14 billion. According to this circumstantial evidence everyone here in these DAO chats and in Decentraland that uses cryptocurrency a criminal, right? haha you wild bro.

I guess I can agree to disagree with you on this I guess.

The idea that there was no misuse of funds or misrepresentation in this grant is a farce. its not like the GSS just decided to revoke the grant. There was an investigation this is the result of that investigation. Claims of no evidence just seemed misinformed at this point…

2 Likes

Yes if this is a farce then please share the evidence of misuse of funds.

As I already said:

Im not on the GSS and it is not my job to share the evidence with you. If you look back both here and on the discord you will be able to find the evidence that supports the revocation.

hahah ah ok so you don’t have any evidence?

but it is your job to make claims like:

without any evidence you can reference?

2 Likes

Hi Community,

As you’re aware, the Grant Support Squad has unjustly recommended the BeatTrekkers grant not be re-enacted.

Despite being prompt and clear in my responses, I have been left in the dark for weeks at a time, with no clear reason for the pause on my grant. The GSS has been unresponsive and vague in their communications.

I am not alone in experiencing this lack of communication and support from the Grant Support Squad. Many others in the DCL Community have voiced similar concerns and have been left without answers to their questions. This raises the question of how many other projects have been treated in this way.

Our team has worked tirelessly to build our brand and presence in Decentraland, only to have our grant paused without clear reason or evidence. It is frustrating to see the Grant Support Squad listen to speculative and toxic members of the DCL community without any proof or data to support their claims, while ignoring the voices of the community they are supposed to be supporting.

When asked for clarification on the reasons for the pause on our grant, we have received off-topic and tangential questions, which appear to be the GSS moving of the goalpost instead of helping me meet my project’s goals. This uncommunicative and unfair treatment has left many of us community members questioning the purpose of the Grant Support Squad and their ability to do their job effectively.

It is unacceptable that the community is not receiving the support and answers we need to build and create in this space in a timely manner. We need clear communication and transparency from the GSS, and we are asking for a call to action from @HPrivakos , @yemel , and the rest of the team to provide timely and thorough responses to our questions.

I have submitted a “term limit role poll” to address the issue of accountability for the GSS, as their current term is indefinite, and they have no reason to be held accountable for their role and it’s responsibilities. We need transparency and accountability in this department to ensure that grantees are being supported effectively.

In conclusion, I urge the GSS, HP, and Yemel to provide clear and timely communication and support to the community. We need answers to our questions, and we need to know that our voices are being heard and valued in this decentralized platform.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

2 Likes