[DAO:s5yeb4m] A Multi-disciplinary Platform to Onboard the Biggest Arts & Entertainment Names

Did they or did they not account for the funds that were received? Yes or No?

Did those that did receive funds participate in the event as a performer, a venue location, marketing, promotion? Yes or No?

I think this is still bogus. I think as for the success of the event, this could have been much greater had not so much doubt been cast, and people treated unjustly and unfairly. I just want to know if those 2 questions have been answered. As long as they have been positively, and the final DJs are getting paid then I’ll call it a success.
Thank you for ensuring the remaining DJs are compensated.

Also, I was not paid to make any statement. I have done my share of work on Beattrekkers and other projects with Metatrekkers all for the benefit of the community. Art showcases were being done twice a week prior to the event at no cost to the artists or those that came to support them. My time was donated for those events as well as currently on the showcasing that is still done at no cost to the community. So perhaps I am slightly biased but I have asked several questions of others on the opposite side of Metatrekkers and do not receive any answers. I am also open to any substantial evidence to change my mind but have yet to see that either. Bottom line is this was for the community and all it did was divide the community. It could have been something tremendous for Decentraland I don’t know how that could be denied yet people sought to sabotage the event even before a grant proposal was drawn up.

1 Like

You want evidence, then ask from the primary source. If you haven’t done that yet, then there’s clearly a bias. You are asking for evidence from the community when the primary source will not provide it. Internal reflection is important. The outcome promised, were not the results.

1 Like

Hi @yararasita,

It appears there is a disconnect. You are departing venues from events. They are one in the same.

Venue (land/parcel owners) = Event

We explained this many times. One (1) event is hosted at one (1) venue. This grant includes 36 venues = 36 events per BeatTrekkers series.

There are a total of two (2) BeatTrekkers series each lasting 3 months. Therefore, the $24,000 Venue Partner Support budget’s allotment is for a total of 72 venues (land/parcel owners) plus our Venue Partner Support Personnel. Venue Partner Support Personnel includes at least one (1) person who answers any questions from event attendees, points people to the right parcel, provides guidance during DCL outages, as well as other items that may arise.

This may be a confusing topic for one to understand if they are unfamiliar with bracket competition series, but what we have done is nothing out of the ordinary.

Again, to sum it up: venue = event. The payments made for the pre, main, and post shows went to the venues and our Venue Partner Support Personnel.

Screenshot: A member inquired upon the definition of “Venue Partner Support” where I publicly provided a response via the grant proposal link 5 months ago PRIOR TO the passing of the proposal

One month ago today, we provided Zino with the attached screenshot, indicating a lack of communication between you and him. We had previously brought this issue to his attention in October and provided him with a chart of 36 venues to help monitor our progress over the past three months. If there were any problems, why were they not raised earlier? It seems suspicious that these concerns are only being brought up now that the BeatTrekkers series 1 competition has concluded.

Email response sent to Zino and GSS on Jan 26,2023.

Below are screenshots of Google Doc sent on February 3, 2023 showing a breakdown of all the artists, events, and venues - Posters of BeatTrekkers Venue

Issue: The same concept had to be explained multiple times, and Zino and the GSS never fully comprehended the concept. We never changed anything and had already met with the GSS at least 3 times prior.

Following my email explanation (Email response sent to Zino and GSS on Jan 26,2023)
on February 4th, the week after, Yararasita acknowledged that GSS was closer to finding a solution thanks to my clarifications.

The GSS suggests that the grant proposal was ambiguous and lacked key impact metrics. However, the grant proposal clearly stated the goal of the project, which was to increase awareness and adoption of Decentraland while providing a fun and immersive experience for art and music fans. The MetaTrekkers team has also provided evidence of the success of the event in achieving these goals, including positive feedback from attendees and event engagement metrics.

Report obtained from DCL that shows 125+ community members attended 1 of our BeatTrekkers events on Oct 13, 2022

Call to Action:
I am in agreement with @yararasita and would like to move forward with releasing the funds to pay the competition winners. I recommend us prioritizing this one-time payment of the competition winners to ensure payments are received as promise.

I recommend @yemel and @HPrivakos disregard the recommendation of Zino and the GSS and reinstate the grant in order to follow through with the BeatTrekkers Series.

1 Like

After closely reading all the comments from the latest response on the decision making of the METATREKKERS proposal/grant I have a lot to say and have stayed quiet for several months on this topic. I will come out as this moment to justify several remarks actions and concerns I may have. Let’s start from

The beginning of time how this all played out and a bit of story background of the actions in the journey that led us here today. My name is Chris Gonzalez also known as osbvmt or BioMETA a verified partner of decentraland metaverse. I began my journey in decentraland with a brand called bverse which many know today inside of decentraland as the business marketing and consulting company in the web3. In this team several of us made up the bverse group including myself at one point. Working with these individuals I got to learn a lot of different and diverse skills that’s forsure but overtime there was a disconnect between me and bverse for one main reason I’ll get to. I reached out to Chris over Twitter for the first time as I ran across his profile and space at the time LIFE OF MUSK where it introduced me to what today is my passion hosting and broadcasting. I saw a chance to work with a community based organization FOR FREE where I saw many opportunities in growth since the METATREKKERS brand was based on community engagement and growth they was open to help me learn in this new space to me at that time. I reached out asking to be a host and after METATREKKERS seeing the value of having one it happened just like that. METATREKKERS being new to the decentraland community still came in with prior knowledge and experience in business marketing and development as i am a two time business owner and a overnight essential worker for my local hospital ccicu and icu unit I know how hard it takes to develop a working game plan or project. Knowing and seeing the potential value in this brand is what made me want to partner up and help

Decentraland grow with the efforts of METATREKKERS giving me the exposure time I needed to gain experience not to mention the trust to know I didn’t know much or close to anything then on web3 he trusted me and believed in me to grow and strongly always encouraged me to keep pushing providing me all the free help from his brand to help me when needed again for free. After working with another dcl community member hosting fan art Fridays and wearable Wednesdays I grew to learn more about the space and how it operates even connecting with new communities members or first time users. Working with METATREKKERS more and more as we grew caused a bit of drift on my other side at bverse. Some emotions began to develop on the fact I was getting closer to mt brand working in many events and even behind the scenes. I did this with great passion and with strong belief this organization would thrive and succeed in the space as I was seeing the way they helped everyone and gave a platform to every artist to shine grow and perform. I saw this as golden because finally a project along with many others that are passionate and dedicated to the space genuinely was showing significant value to the space. Over time I felt upset at one point because of some contract deals that was done I had no relevance in rubbed me a way as I felt I dedicated a lot and put so much in to the brand I was down on how I saw it as not to be appreciated. I went back to my team and mentioned my feelings on that and hell broke lose. After I felt used at that point because of my un clarity at the moment of the situation certain individuals on our team went after METATREKKERS in a perspective of them having taken me used me and unappreciated of me because of me coming back to my team and expressing my feeling on that. Out of the kindness of Chris METATREKKERS heart he offered me a land parcel or money or a flight to Miami OUT OF HIS POCKET PRIOR TO THE GRANT AND ON A PERSONAL LEVEL because of my high value and importance in the METATREKKERS community brand internally when coming to project idea development and event management. I refused all of the above. I went back and told my team of this as i felt he was genuinely interested in helping me feel better about this issue and trying to fix it with me as we are not just web3 brothers but now thru dcl and working became friends thru all the great moments experiences and achievements in our journey in dcl. The nit picking and infiltration of mt brand was now a target :dart: because of prior emotional feelings of the project being a rug pull on certain team members minds. I was given a choice from two individuals either I stop fucking with METATREKKERS or I can’t be involved internally at bverse as the communication manager or if I did I could be allowed in the brand internal. As these are my friends I spoke to every night and still do today for the most part I stepped away before I lost a friendship over business. Months went by I kept working for FREE with METATREKKERS and helping them grow with beattrekkers and also growing my own project called VitaTV. Mt allowed me to stream into his parcel after not accepting all three choices he gifted me 3 mt nfts that gave me benefits with them equivalent to the amount of work labor time I’d spent :information_source: gracefully accepted that because I saw more value in that with my growing project than anything else he could offer me out of his pocket or personal possessions. We had many in counters with community members calling me about him to relay messages or bad talk him and try to convince me about not working with him one of those individuals who that was is tudamoon. Tuda called me many times and till today I have those messages of him telling me to leave mt he’s going to take him down and at one point over the phone telling me that people like him isn’t welcome in this space as Nigerians are known for being scammers so why does his Nigerian Prince self think he is rug pull project. Not word for word exactly but goddamn close trust that. I was also told the same by one of my old team members where I was the communications manager at the same remark tudamoon stated. Those same individuals who mentioned the same statement worked together to try and sabotage METATREKKERS I was being told this as well. I don’t mean to come out like this and spill the beans this way but when I see people doing what their doing now and influencing those around by stating false information and imposing threat or pressure to the community/foundation. I am willing to lose my project my name my everything by coming out now like this but when something is wrong it’s fucking wrong. Tuda your a racist you know what you told me and how you spoke about Chris mt I completely ignored you and distant my self the moment I knew that. You told me you don’t have a problem with me many times because you felt my heat and you felt my vibe around you cause I didn’t hide it. Overtime I grew out of that as you see and I say hi to you now because as you get older you get wiser and smarter I knew holding on to that feeling was bad for me personally internally. After going to Miami where I grew to meet the dcl community and see the world of web3 in representation of decentraland community member I attended mt events for being a 3 time holder and even streaming not only his events but many other community member events that went down in Miami AGAIN FOR FREE FOR ALL PARTIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS. After METATREKKERS showed many amazing events with the foundation involved it generated a more positive and engaging community as now we had a physical attraction from meeting and interacting thru these diverse dcl community events. Ok so now you understand a bit of the back story and understand how these two power house or well respected brand in decentraland metaverse teamed up to come at chris to demote his name brand and even his personal emotional values. Working with Chris mt I’ve seen him to be like my big brother at this point as he has shown me to be one of the most giving respectful loving honest loyal supportive uplifting individuals I’ve ever met. Yea I also met Chris prior to all this on NFT nyc in New York City my home town where I live 10 min from time square New York. I have been really supportive of not only mt but of dcl because of the community support and bond with one another. After seeing these individuals influence many more individuals and organizations to go against Chris mt this became a game of torture and bullying. Sadly to say after all the beating and abuse he still remained loyal to the same community he was getting bashed and abused from many. It hurts me to see how this cheap victory was given to these individuals who consistently abused and overwhelmed all channels of community communication on this topic for month rather than trying to fix the issue like a community team and growing the empire we call home decentraland. These individuals choose to destroy an individual hard work and dedicated passion to a dream in his vision in the space we call decentraland a decentralized platform. After showing all proof and providing so many opportunities for clarity from ama multiple times published recording and documentation evidence I feel this decision by the grant committee was poor and bias asf. To be honest this discouraged me a lot to see this go down and actually go the way it did. I hope one day like the committee said it taught them a value new lessons on many new topics and situations they can look back into this and really see it for what it really is and not allow a coalition group of individuals dedicated to take down one organization to move the way they did and force this decision on their personal actions. As I love decentraland with all my heart and I still forever do I see myself not leaving and growing in the space helping the platform we call home become the metaverse to be for centuries to come as I see the true potential in decentraland from

The moment I stepped in and found about it as well. I also ask that all of us please get along better negotiations can be done civilized communication is vital and honesty is always a must. I have been always supportive and loving to everyone in the space I’ve been honest and always have my time for the most part for free. I have promoted dcl in so many ways and have achieved so many goals in 2022 with many references to prove it if needed. Documents as well. I ask us as a family real quick off topic of this mt talk let’s learn from this let’s not allow something like this to happen to another person in our community today or never. I wish everyone a bless and productive week. Tuda I’m expecting you to say some fly shit as always so do me a favor save it cause all you do is troll and cap remember when u text me about the money you thought Chris stole and I did the digging sent it to you and showed you that what you was texting me about him was wrong. You then noticed I was right and said “oh”so please let it go already cause shits getting old homie and for my dcl community and foundation thank you for all you do In the development of our home and metaverse DECENTRALAND!!! :shushing_face::thinking::face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth::saluting_face:

2 Likes

If Metatrekkers has this money and 1 million VP, why can’t he afford to pay the winners?

1 Like

Let me ask you something tudamoon you as a smart individual you claim to be right if your working on a project and trying to grow a community web3 based platform like any organization that will try to grow in the space having grants having loans and options to assist in funds is more of a fair option for any starter project business or organization to opt into and take advantage of the offer if not it wouldn’t be a offer from the start would it. The purpose of these grants that is being given is to excel and help in the growth and development of the metaverse home decentraland using the creative minds of the community to build a community based decentralized virtual world and experience. Instead of building with your family aka peers this battle of trying to demote and devour someone’s project or ideas has segregated the community and has caused separation in many in the world we invest in. In reflection to those actions we have seen poor numbers from what we could produce in dcl due to the amount of drama new users come into and see as overwhelming. Note this has been told to me by many onboard that come into the space and in many Irl spaces I attend. As a verified partner in dcl and a big influencer/promoter of Dcl I have brought in many big names brands behind the scene not taking credit for them entering but to help grow the foundation of the platform. There has not been one time METATREKKERS has not responded to the overwhelming insulting and insensitive comments he has receive in a professional manner and yet with accurate information pertaining the subject or matter. In the remedy of the actions above and underlines overall concern the community has unjustified the fact that as his events and community events have been active like any project or business the value comes overtime and not overnight. So to try and demote someone who is enforcing and implementing many functions to onboard new organizations into the space a space that is so new yet still the population has yet to hit over 1k daily active users. In comparison as a broadcaster of many events in dcl the amount of active users attending most events are equivalent or less to what beattrekkers has produced and to second that not many organizations in the space have produced consistent numbers like they have. I won’t mention names of those who have achieved that milestone because it’s not about them or other organizations but rather the reputation of the mt community and brand who has shown to devote their time and efforts to grow this space like many other organizations in the space have as well. While you tudamoon have much to say and have been one of the direct beneficiaries to target this organization I have yet to see anything on your behalf that I can say you have largely contributed to the platform besides being a large holder of a project I won’t mention out of respect and a gold award over achiever troll. From a person who has invested in so much and has such knowledge of business as you say it shocks me to see the non awareness of how to properly approach and handle a manner of this magnitude. So again like I will state having a choice in asking for a grant that the community voted on and passed because of the community’s belief in the project which later was alter because of influences in which you participated in as well to me seems a bit unfair and blackballing. I myself have kept to myself because of the worries of something like this happening to me thus why l haven’t asked for a grant myself or came out on this topic worried to lose friends and my name in the space by people like you. Many times I have been a mediator for many people again I won’t mention because of my belief of unity in a decentralized community is vital for the success of our investment and home development. I don’t see how someone can spend so much time to clearly make out requested information and publish it with the intent to be honest and transparent to questions and concern to yet still not get the support needed from providing the information requested. I ask and wish for the grant committee to please open a appeal to this decision and please allow for a better remedy to this issue with the new knowledge all parties have learned from the issue. True value isn’t seen instantly rather overtime is when it shows its true effect on something.

2 Likes

Based on the Grant Support Squad recommendation the DAO Committee issued a one-time payment for the grantee to pay the prizes corresponding to the winners.

4 Likes

Reading through the reasoning given by the GSS for the revocation of grant and justifications by @MetaTrekkers ,
it does seem that the decision didn’t follow the doctrine of “Innocent until proven guilty” but rather the opposite. That is, I don’t see any evidence in the arguments which clearly shows that the funds from the grant were not used to achieve the goals of the grant.

We have to keep in mind that the grant proposal was voted on by the community which had the opportunity to question any milestones for more clarity before it passed. Also important to keep in mind that any project will deviate somewhat from its proposed milestones as @Seanny pointed out, which is fair as long as the new plan of action is mostly in-line with the original proposal.

5 Likes

This is not a criminal matter. This is money being provided by the DAO. At any time the DAO should be able to ask for evidence of where the money is being used. However once again, you are defending someone who you have not questioned yourself. Try questioning him, he will avoid sharing evidence. He wont show receipts or where the money went. He has not been transparent, he had many people to pay, but instead took all the money off on Coinbase. How do I know he isn’t paying you with the money?

The answer is: I don’t, because someone who is claiming to be Web3 and bringing people to the space also is claiming it is easier to give people fiat money. How is that achieving the goal of onboarding? You cant teach people to accept cryptocurrency, but yet you want to onboard them? Seems like enough evidence right there to me.

It’s ok, I am personally discounting all future grants from people who are supporting him, because he also promised to Onboard the Biggest Arts and Entertainment Names to Decentraland. I haven’t seen that. Where is it?

2 Likes

Hi @yemel,

I would like to express my gratitude for the one-time payment of $2250 USD that was issued for the winners of the first competition. I appreciate this move forward.

While my grant is still under review, nonetheless, let’s give credit where it’s due and thank the DAO Committee for taking this step in the right direction.

I am happy to see that the deserving winners will receive their well-earned prizes.

I remain committed to working with the Decentraland community and hope for the reinstatement of my grant in the near future.

Thank you again for your continued support.

Token transfers are show below. GSS has all the other payments links for the other 70+ people that have been paid by the Metatrekkers Team in the past 3-4 months.

@SteveSaiko $1000

Mr.Big Mouth $750

@GucciToe $500

2 Likes

Hey to everyone here !! MetaTrekkers gave us an opportunity to show at Metaverse what we do best with our music and i will be Thankfull about it !! Also they paid us all funds since the beginning !!
Thanks !
Steve

4 Likes

Could one of you @Zino @HPrivakos @yemel please confirm that all the funds have been verified as to going where they have been stated. It continues to be an area of uncertainty for several and this question has been dodged by all of you obviously based on others asking and 1 in particular continuing to say that the funds have not been confirmed. My understanding from Metatrekkers and what you have stated @Zino is that the documentation needed to prove that has been given to you and this should put that to rest. That being the case, you still have need to clarify why there will be a pause as I still see no justification as to this grant being paused and other grants that are questionable (the Skank Fest Comedy) are being shown leniency and allowed to deviate from their roadmap and have yet to prove anything.

Thank you @BioMETA for bringing this information up. I remember you telling me those exact things in confidence. I too have experienced some bad character behavior from certain individuals throughout this conflict and it’s real shame and blight on Decentraland. This has not been a community coming together to resolve conflict in anyway. I hope this can only bring about some positive change and growth.

3 Likes

It is concerning to witness how the questioning and false accusations directed at BeatTrekkers project have raised doubts in the grant’s committee, which jeopardized the project’s grant funds. MetaTrekker’s founder, Chris, has been the target of discriminatory comments and bullying by individuals trying to undermine the project’s grant from the beginning. Chris and his team have worked tirelessly on BeatTrekkers 1, but their efforts have been overlooked, and their grant funds have been revoked unjustly.

I was first introduced to MetaTrekkers through a DCL performance I did in 2022, which was streamed in their DCL venue. Chris and his team were welcoming and supportive from the start. I kept an eye on the upcoming MetaTrekkers NFTs, which offered access to their DCL parcel and support for hosting events as a utility. Since 2021, I have organized art exhibitions and events in DCL under NFTianguis and NFTribu on different hosting venues so this utility was something I saw the value in. On 11/03/22, Chris and his whole MetaTrekkers team fulfilled their NFT’s utility and hosted our Day of the Death event. They professionally handled live streaming, showcased our wearables in their land’s dressing room, created a gallery for our NFT drop, created the DCL event, and helped us promote it to ensure its success.
From a MT NFT holder standpoint and as a Decentraland user, the project is not a scam, but it has created value for DCL and the creative community, which has been overshadowed by unfounded speculations aimed at sabotaging it from the beginning.

I had the privilege of participating in the BeatTrekkers 1 event as a special performer for the “pre” and “post” shows. It is worth noting that I received full compensation in a timely manner, and the payment was transparently recorded on the Blockchain in three installments. It was made clear to me from the outset that special performers’ pay rate would not be on par with that of the competing DJs, as special performers roles were specifically tailored for the before and after performances. Chris was transparent about this fact, and I fully understood and accepted these terms.

I am proud to have been included in BeatTrekker’s Yahoo article alongside all of the DJs and presenters involved in the project. It was noteworthy that Chris was keen to include all performers, including special performers and competing DJs, in the article. Even those who had previously attacked him were highlighted. This was a demonstration of his exceptional character and dedication to highlighting the talent, venues, and presenters involved in the project, regardless of any past conflicts.

Regarding the grant’s revocation, the GSS did not offer a clear charge or reason to close the grant funds. Moreover, there is a need to investigate discrimination towards MetaTrekkers’ founder, who is of African-American descent. We must have anti-discriminatory practices or policies in place within DCL, GSS, or during the process governing the release, pause, or stop of grant fundings.

As a member of a minority group, I feel compelled to stand up for Chris and any other minority groups who can see how racist moves have sabotaged this project’s grant from the start. It is discouraging for minorities to come to DCL, bring their hard work, swag, communities, and then be treated unfairly. On behalf of Decentralanders, I apologize to MetaTrekkers for the way they have been treated and for the injustice of having their grant revoked for no concrete reason.

Metatrekkers provided abundant information and records when being attacked with biased, defamatory, discriminatory, and highly speculative statements. However, a loud group of people, for whatever reason (discrimination, jealousy, racism, etc.), brought up false “concerns” and “claims” to the grant committee. The Committee listened and believed these loud claims, which is unacceptable. Saying, “go apply for another grant” is not sufficient, as it still sets the precedent of defunding an African-American founded project.

BeatTrekkers was a successful event series, and no one can take that away from MetaTrekkers. The project should be recognized for creating a DJ Battle Series that was professionally managed, offered a large spectrum of electronic music genres and styles, with live streams and great turnouts. The vision to unite multiple venues, DJs, and artists IS the value that is overlooked and misunderstood.

In conclusion, we need to reinstate this grant because MT has not stolen any money, and they have delivered a great event series to the community. These should be the only metrics when factoring a decision.

I am concerned that in this particular instance, discriminatory and racist behaviors have been demonstrated to have a significant and damaging impact on the MetaTrekkers project. It is important to note that MT is led by a group of diligent and ethical individuals who have worked tirelessly to advance their cause. However, some individuals have exhibited hostility towards MT’s success, particularly since it was founded by a person of color and comments have been made towards the country of origin of MT founder.

Despite the fact that MT has garnered attention from reputable sources such as Yahoo, the project’s funding has been rescinded due to unfounded allegations and baseless claims of financial impropriety. Therefore, I urge for a greater level of transparency and clarity in relation to the decision-making process. Furthermore, I strongly encourage the adoption of measures to safeguard minority groups and promote anti-discriminatory policies within the grant procedures.
Finally, I call on the reinstatement of MT’s grant, given the success of their BeatTrekkers event series and the lack of evidence supporting the allegations against them. @yemel, @HPrivakos kindly let us know what the next steps are regarding the concerns and questions brought up by those who want to see this grant being reinstated. Thank you.

4 Likes

So much talking in circles for no reason. This grant was approved to onboard artists and users into decentraland. Without a doubt @MetaTrekkers has abused the grant system for personal gain. As previously covered the only 2 artists onboarded have a personal connection to chris the founder. There are several other abuses. @MetaTrekkers
said themselves this would be a 1 time grant but before the grant was even 2 months in chris requested a second grant for $240k @Murphjestic @Reyean @Seanny Can you explain how this sets a dangerous present? The GSS was created to make sure grantees are executing their grants and MT failed to do so. I thought the point of vesting contracts was to not give the grantee the entire sum at once to have some accountability. What do you suggest should happen when a grantee is trying to exploit the system for personal gain. Over $50k of this grant has already been paid out and despite the back and forth only a small percentage of that has been accounted for (the large majority transferred out thru CEX’s) How can anyone argue MT operated with transparency when they chose to handle payments with fiat off chain? If the point of the grant is to onboard people you would think they would educate users on the blockchain rather than removing the funds and paying in fiat (to avoid transparency). how can anyone say there is no misuse of funds when only a few thousand out of $60k have been accounted for?

3 Likes

I strongly disagree with the recommendation to revoke the BeatTrekkers grant. As a supporter of the project, I believe that they have been transparent and accountable in their actions, and they have made significant efforts to address the concerns raised in the previous report.

In my opinion, BeatTrekkers are a reliable and committed team that has shown great dedication to their project. They have clarified the scope of their proposal, explained the allocation of funds, and addressed any confusion or ambiguity in their language. They have also acknowledged their mistakes and taken steps to rectify them, such as paying venue partners fairly and improving their communication.

Moreover, I think that revoking the grant would be unfair and could harm BeatTrekkers’ credibility in the future. It could also discourage other grant applicants from proposing innovative ideas and taking risks, knowing that their proposals could be revoked at any time.

As for the side effects of proposing for another grant when this one is getting revoked, I believe that it could be challenging to regain the trust of the DAO Committee and the community. It could also affect the grantee’s reputation and credibility, as they may be seen as unreliable or untrustworthy.

Therefore, I urge the DAO Committee to reconsider their decision and continue supporting the BeatTrekkers project. Let us give them the opportunity to continue building their platform and collaborating with the music industry in Decentraland.

2 Likes

So much talking in circles for no reason. This grant was approved to onboard artists and users into decentraland. Without a doubt @MetaTrekkers has abused the grant system for personal gain. As previously covered the only 2 artists onboarded have a personal connection to chris the founder. There are several other abuses. @MetaTrekkers
said themselves this would be a 1 time grant but before the grant was even 2 months in chris requested a second grant for $240k @Murphjestic @Reyean @Seanny Can you explain how this sets a dangerous present?

It’s understandable that convincing someone to pay on-chain can be challenging. However, there is nothing inherently wrong with conducting transactions in fiat currency. Additionally, it’s not always necessary to limit oneself to a single grant; sometimes, there may be a desire to fund multiple projects. As for @MetaTrekkers’ criticism of @MetaTrekkers On boarded, it’s worth noting that they have successfully attracted many artists and users to the platform, which has generated a great deal of interest in DCL among people in various communities. If one were to take a closer look at the positive impact that @MetaTrekkers On boarded has had in these spaces, it may change their opinion on the matter.

3 Likes

can you name said artists? We’ve looked at the numbers on both social media and parcel activity and saying they’ve generated a great deal of interest is a fallacy. (some MT beatrekkers events had less than 25 people) Also if the main goal of the proposal is to onboard why would you choose to not educate them on chain transactions. Doing transactions on chain PROVIDES TRANSPARENCY again out of the ~$60k only a small % is accounted for. Even when questioned we still have yet to see where that money went bc it was withdrawn through CEXs. 'It’s understandable that convincing someone to pay on-chain can be challenging." is ridiculous when you are receiving the grant on chain

4 Likes

Yeah and the fact many of the users are in web3 already such as most of the DJs and most of the Venues. Why couldn’t they be paid on chain?

Is it because they were paid different amounts due to favoritism? Like some DJs were paid more than others to battle one time from what I understand. If it was a fair competition why are people getting paid different amounts?

1 Like

Seems like a lot of stuffs happening there. Some of the responses here are particularly concerning especially when i saw Yararasita encouraging MT to request for a new grant for their second series and that the GSS seemingly planned to revoke the grant which was already passed.

I would be keen to know what are the challenges the GSS team is currently facing to uphold and abide the contract? My understanding is, the questions raised by the GSS and some members of the community have been responded by MT accordingly. There was even a screenshot shared by MT that shows Zino’s acknowledging the fact that MT did pay and performed everything.

There are a number of comments here that went off tangent and accusing MT as a scammer however, most of what i’ve seen were claims and speculations. I sincerely hope that part of the decision making process by GSS did not include the accusations without evidence and that GSS remains objective and non-bias towards MT.

IMO, i do not think MT should request for a new grant as the first and official one was voted fair and square. If the GSS believe they had made a mistake in the proposal reviewing process, it should be done after the execution of the voted proposal not in between. This sets a very bad precedent and may lead to the community thinking this was made through a centralized decision ignoring the decision made by the community that voted yes to the proposal in question. In other words, this is a matter of principle.

So to the GSS, if you are reading this:

Did MT provided you the information that you need given the need for clarity? If yes, what is the issue of reinstating the grant? If no, then what else do you need from MT in order for you to reinstate the grant?

Disclaimer: I do not know MT in person and I have also heard people accusing him of scams but i havent seen any evidence to support those claims. I’m approaching this topic as a matter of principle. From what i’ve been reading, MT proposed, the proposal got the votes (99% voted yes), the period to ask questions, discussed and the GSS to review were provided during the voting period. MT did his thing, questions were raised and MT responded accordingly… so what else MT needs to do to satisfy GSS’s criteria in order to act based on what’s voted in the proposal?

@yararasita @Zino

1 Like

Can you @ me in post breaking down how the already released $60k was spent? I cant find it.