[DAO:6suxp4i] An Immersive In-World Marketplace Proposal

It is not the same code base. This is a representation of every wearable on the marketplace. We are creating an immersive new area with continued content built around the idea of virtualizing all of the dapps. Wearables, names, land, dao voting. These are the main pillars of the concept, but we have included much more engaging and immersive content to keep people coming back to the space, and ultimately the platform.

This visual representation will be dynamic and include every new wearable on the marketplace.

1 Like

Hmmm

Whats the difference from a code perspective to buy a wearable, a name or a land?
They are all ERC721 , the function calls are the same.

Anyway, im not against the idea its nice, but 240k for this sounds like a lotā€¦

Decentraland made the DCL summer festival, built an entire scene of the size of genesis plaza, implemented Dapp interaction from in-world and i dont think the cost was even half of that

Thereā€™s a big difference from primary and secondary sales. And this hasnā€™t been done in a centralized location to include everything on the marketplace.

I would heed assumptions made on cost for building out projects. Weā€™ve worked on far less scope and size for just the same budget. I will say you are, however, way off in those assumptions (they all cost way more).

And there is no team dedicated to the upkeep of genesis plaza. We are bringing an entire development studio full of passionate creative people to transform dead land into something attractive. This, we hope, will benefit all decentraland citizens for years to come!

1 Like

I dont want to go around in circles so i will just post this last message,

I been in charge of the development of the amnesia scene
Which features different kind of Dapp interactions from withing the metaverse, also including the in-world marketplace among other features such as
Theta, twitch and discord chat integration
Theta streaming capabilities
Giving tips to streamers using a dapp
Booking of screens to stream
Developed an engine for in-world advertising and so on

Plus the 3D design and a lot of experiences for the user to use inside the scene

and the budget wasnt even 30% of what is being requested here.

As i previously mentioned, im not against the idea, i just dont think the amount of the grant is correct, but its not only on this proposal, there has been a lot of over budget proposals during these past months.
I hope that you could reconsider that and review the amount requested and see this idea go live.

1 Like

We appreciate the feedback!

Iā€™m not looking to compare apples to oranges, as this is much larger in scope than a single event scene. This is essentially 400 parcel district that will have the weight of a development studio behind it. We have worked on similar budgets and understand the brevity of the proposal, and our grant request accurately reflects the talent, creativity, effort, and continued support a project like this demands.

2 Likes

Amnesia scene has more than 3 weekly events,
Last week it featured steve aoki live during the launch of bershka metaverse collection.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChUCOgLo0K9/

I appreciate you have taken the time to reply!

2 Likes

This looks like could shape up to be something very amazing for DCL. It looks like a very solid team too!

1 Like

Hey while your here can you fix it to where our wallets dont get prompted to sign a transaction with a unkown amount. Sketch as hell considering many other people have implemented drops where it doesnt pull up our wallets and still sends items. Also since you seem to be talking like we dont have the experience and just clone code. Mind putting in a safety warning for people with epilepsy to your scene? Also would be nice inside the pyramid shop to see prices. As it is now you have no idea how much the items even cost or what the name is to find them in store as a player.

Hey!
Sorry if my question got you unconfortable, of course i can fix it no problem!

Didnt mean to sound aggresive, i was just questioning the rationale behind the budgeting and personally i see it as a red flag that this is the response.

On the other hand:

1. I never said that you didnt had the experience to do it, i just said that this is not worth 240k. An entire project can be developed with 240k.
  2. Im not the one requesting a grant, but i appreciate that you took the time to review the scene. Can you DM the details of what went wrong with your experience? Cause i just jumped in and i was able to see the prices and perform a purchase.
  3. Lights can be turned of from the bottom bar. Im sorry about your epilepsy

If you find anything else wrong, we can fix it and we will not assault the DCL DAO requesting for 240k

2 Likes

Hello! Thanks for your comments :slight_smile: I believe the example you posted is an external URL link to the marketplace. We are talking about making a fully immersive experience within dcl this means no external links you can make various transactions live in world. I personally believe immersive experiences are vital for dcls transition to VR. To address your concern over who will control the booths, We plan on developing a user controlled selection system. this system will allow users to claim their own ā€œtentā€ and choose which wearables they would like to sell.

hope this helps let me know if theres any other questions

1 Like

He could be talking about the merch village that was at MVMF as well but it pales in comparison to what this is proposing. That was a cool concept tho and if anything this should do it on a much grander experience for multitudes of users. Amplified by user control.With community , projects and environmental data. Ive seen similar sales screens by metazoo when he had the floating signs and the corner shop. The mime in the corner Zoo and Sango however are slicers. They def innovate in cool ways to list merch. If run around Amnesia their store has items as does most parcels with vip and events. No names or stats this of this many sold or listed. Was able to get mana cost to work hovering over item. Think people may confuse this with a grant to build a thing for a team. This is hiring a team to build something thats gonna be for the whole open world. You could compare that to something like Wonderzone and look at past grants. What someone thinks is acceptable amount to pay a team can and should be debated. Add all the names on the proposal skill sets and do the math also how this will need us to constantly be able to help people and support. As people come and go people will need help and info. Things will need to be tweeked this will be like a developing child. Some of Thats broken down in proposal as well. Masses can decide red flags or not :sweat_smile: :innocent: :heart_eyes:

Hey mate

Thanks for taking the time to reply,
The example i posted allows you to buy from inside the metaverse, not an external URL,
thats why i meant that this functionality is already done!

As always appreciate the feedback.

But I think the larger point is being missed. There is no central marketplace. The foundation doesnā€™t have the time or resources to create these. They also donā€™t have time to maintain a plaza.

We want to provide a central marketplace for all dapp activity and redevelop a stale plaza with continued activity and immersion.

Hey mate,

Hmm i totally get it,

You want to take 400 parcels, make a 3D modelling of a marketplace for offering in-world interactions with the DCL marketplace which you call ā€˜ā€˜all Dappsā€™ā€™ but its only the marketplace dapp.

And im just saying that i support the idea, i just dont think that the budget is correct for the scope of the project and the other messages posted here are the reasons why i dont think the budget is correct.

I would recommend reading the entire proposal and visualize the potential for this space being activated beyond just a marketplace (as we have outlined)

Im trying to understand you mate,

But when you say ā€˜ā€˜We are gonna develop all DCL Dapps in-worldā€™ā€™
You are only referring to the marketplace and the DAO,
And the DAO is not actually a Dapp, unless we are speaking about the old DAO

So could you explain me which other dapp are you refering to?

The marketplace includes wearables, names, land. The dao page is a dapp where you can sign messages to cast your votes on proposals. We want to bring all of these functionalities in one central location.

We understand people can sell things on their individual parcels just as easy as someone can spin up their own dapp and sell things. We want to make an official marketplace in one central location.

In addition, as mentioned in the proposal, with such a large space, we want to provide continued activation and immersion through quests and other engaging content over and over. This will not become a stale plaza like most others.

1 Like

Love to see the line-up of familiar community members!
The visual references are rad. Canā€™t wait to see this all unfold

2 Likes

Yes that what i meant,
Marketplace is one Dapp which trades different kind of NFTs.

DAO is not a Dapp, wallet just used for signing but data is not stored on blockchain or anything like that.
You are gonna retrieve the active DCL dao proposals from snapshot using an api

1 Like

Hey Guys, I think 240k itā€™s a bit abusive.
With @gabrielmellace as proyect leader and my team, we design and develop Amnesia/Djenerates nightclub, Streamerā€™s plaza and the New conference building for a tini fraction of that.
Iā€™ts a 400 lands development, using an already done marketplace code, please be a little more realistic with requierements and costs.

We could get this proyect done by 120k or less.

1 Like