[DAO:6suxp4i] An Immersive In-World Marketplace Proposal

are you backed by the dg treasury noticed your people have 6million plus xdg. Seems to me you all are dao funded and provided for in other ways we are not.

We are not copying and pasting marketplace code. This will be an entirely new experience.

Also, the budget number seems to be the issue. Id like to inquire how much revenue your amnesia scene generates? Ad revenue, hosting events? We donā€™t plan on generating any revenue from this proposal.

3 Likes

I see your posts in the DG discord and itā€™s unfortunate and borderline insulting your comments about our pizza kiosk and our achievements. By all metrics Samsung was the single most visited day ever in decentraland.

We have done amazing things for the community and for massive brands.

This proposal is community focused to provide an evergreen in world marketplace separate from any gaming company or individual space. This new plaza will become a destination for future generations of decentraland users.

3 Likes

I dont mean to sound rude, so i apologize if it looked that way,

Im establishing facts,

• This doesnt cost 240k
  • A previous project which seems that important that the entire company is named out of that, doesnt work currently, what does that say about the company itself?

Lets also establish a fact your building a tool kit for land and scene owners and this plaza would be direct free competition to future profit for your toolkit. One where we tho building for a fee are creating a experience and place for all people. You gonna open source your tool once developed for all?

You lost me about the previous project lol. Not sure what youā€™re referring to.

Weā€™ve worked on projects of this size and understand the costs and challenges ahead.

sebawong,

A genuine question: Does your 120k number account for the continued maintenance and development of new content? From listening to lastraum on yesterdayā€™s twitter space, I was left with the impression that this proposal would be an ongoing effort for the long term, as opposed to a shorter term project thatā€™s built and then considered finished.

5 Likes

This was my first comment in this board, iā€™m not looking for anyone to get offended. Iā€™m speaking as a member of this DAO, and from my development and design experience. Just saying 240k could be bordeline insulting for anyone involved and experienced in DCL design/development.

We could do it with our team for half that amount and still make profit.

Funny part about seeing proposals made. All the creativity and intent in them. Road maps and developmental ideas. Then coming along and saying yea we can do it for less. How much was the creative concept itself worth? Always see people steal peoples ideas. Pretty common actually. underbidding when seeing others plans is very web2. Im just wondering why your so called skilled team never offered to do this before for less or bring that creativity to the forefront. Now its a oh we can do it for less. Im also wondering how well your team is known in the community and the trust you carry. The fact you come here and even try to underbid is kinda disgusting wonder how many players in decentraland and not just investors you are offering to have hands on in this. Our People who tho may get paid have probably put just as much if not more time and money back in.

2 Likes

Hello, i also share this question.

Would like to get clarification on, if 120k or less is solely for the marketplace.
I voted yes on this proposal as it seems thereā€™s a lot more going on. I.e. Quests & Beyond, Loot and Rewards, DAO Voting and one of my favorites Public Transit. Aside from being open source.

1 Like

As I said before, our team built the Amnesia/Djenerates project, Streamers Plaza and the New Conference Building + Towers, also NFTs marketplaces and stores in every development. Feel free to visit.
Iā€™m not trying to underbid this project, even though I know itā€™s a reality we could do it for half or less.

Looks like a good project and if the budget were more realistic I would certainly support it., but Iā€™m against this kind of overpricing using DAO funds.

Does amnesia receive ad revenue?

1 Like

Im just wondering thier dg ties now. Wonder how much dg pays them has paid. Given the over 6.1mil xdgthere members hold. Wonder how much that lp money they are raking in. Easy to say we can do it for less when already riding on the backs of other players and investors like myself who are down XX,XXX thousands heavy in that project. Makes me wonder if the collusion at the top and in this dao is not more of a blight among certain communities then originally thought.

I would never attempt to undercut a project of another development studio.

We are all in this metaverse together, building out different areas and experiences.

If the budget is concern, can you answer if amnesia receives ongoing revenue from the scene? @sebawong @gabrielmellace

4 Likes

This is a valid point, thanks for the input. Hopefully we will be able update the beneficiary address to a multisig to resolve this.

I know we are in this metaverse together, thatā€™s no excuse for overpricing. Iā€™m also an investor and lost a lot in this bearmarket. Maybe you can review the budget and make it more realistic, otherwise I will still opose to this project at this price.

BTW dont know about amnesia revenue, not my bussiness. I was hired to design and develop.

1 Like

Hello,
There seems to be quite a lot of misunderstanding centered around the $240K budget tier. The truth is, there are game development studios that would do it for $60K and there are studios that wouldnā€™t touch it for less than $480K. And I promise you the results wonā€™t be the same. Design is art; less is not always more.

Iā€™ve personally sunk 30-40 hours into the planning process to-date and that was all done pro-bono, fueled by passion and conviction for this Bazaar vision. Yes, others can do this, but then why havenā€™t they, and why hasnā€™t anyone at this scale? Everything is obvious in hindsight. We are here as fellow community members because this is what we want to work on now and what we want to continue to work on.

The grant funds would justify our ability to execute this and would allow members of the team to go full time. The level of visual fidelity and attention to design detail that we envision far exceeds what can be condensed in 3500 characters - plus, we canā€™t give it all awayā€¦ =;)

Regardless, itā€™s the Communityā€™s consensus that matters in the end and that will determine if a plaza and vision such as this Bazaar is worth funding. Thanks for hearing my perspective.

8 Likes

We can talk about that if/when the proposal is approved

1 Like

Price is relative on a lot of factors. 240k seems like a lot to you, 150k seems like a lot to me, but I wouldnā€™t undercut your proposal just because I might personally be able to do the entire project for FREE. The difference here is that Last Slice is going for it, following through on their vision, and you and Amnesia are not. 240k is the Last Slice price they will need to deliver the product they envision with exceptional quality that has been demonstrated both experientially and financially by the outstanding builds theyā€™ve already delivered to DCL thus far countless times. The fact that you lowball yourself is not Last Sliceā€™s problem. If you donā€™t agree, you vote NO, but you donā€™t try to sabotage it. Bummer that this leaves a salty taste in my mind to Amnesia, a build Iā€™ve always dug very much. Sad that the people behind it operate like this. That will be hard to forget.

8 Likes

Of all those builds youā€™ve mentioned Iā€™m only familiar with Amnesia. What good is a build if nobody visits? You donā€™t even link the coords for us to ā€œfeel free to visitā€. Please do.

Last Slice is developing THE utopic place to onboard newbies and keep regulars happy with an unparalleled environment to keep people coming back. Weā€™re talking about consistent use, not JUST when Steve Aoki shows up to DJ.

THAT is the big difference here.

ALSO! where does your team reside? Because the cost of things varies from country to country, and most of Last Slice is in the United States where it costs far more for everything. Each member of the Last Slice team participating in this will be due a valid pay up to US standards.

It is NOT a fact that this is overpriced. That is SIMPLY your biased opinion.

The best thing you can do is watch Last Slice deliver, and then try to do better with 150k. Iā€™ll surely vote for whatever you offer to bring to DCL too despite my tainted perception of your team now. Anything to help the cause is priceless in my opinion. And Iā€™m BULLISH on ANYONE willing to go for it.

7 Likes