[DAO:9a308e2] [BID-0038] Last Slice Studios x Vroomway Collaboration

by 0xaabe0ecfaf9e028d63cf7ea7e772cf52d662691a (Lastraum)

Should funds from the DAO Treasury be allocated to finance a new community-led project addressing issues outlined herein?

Linked Tender Proposal

Decentraland DAO Headquarters

Budget

130,000 USD

Project duration

6 months

Delivery Date

Jun 30, 2024

Beneficiary address

0x8c2AA78e85B12D99590A3A134a68429466CCc93f

Email address

lastraum@lastslice.co

Deliverables

Pitch Deck Link

Design a Headquarters for the Decentraland DAO inside the Decentraland platform in Genesis City.

The Decentraland DAO has matured since its inception 2 years ago, and it’s imperative to build a dedicated space for its operations, community, and activities.

This location will be a vibrant and interactive epicenter of the DAO. Our vision is to bring all of the DAO functionality within the explorer of Decentraland on a 6x4 plot of land.

Our team has the experience and resources required to design, develop, and deliver the newest, the best, the most updated location inside Decentraland. We have created a vision, but, if selected, we want to expand and include the entire community on the Scope of Work to be completed by our talented team.

We have designed a master planned area, complete with multiple buildings and locations:

• SDK7 Optimized
  • DAO custom Digital Ocean server
  • Live streaming & events locations
  • Public & private meeting spaces (token gated, permission gated, etc)
  • Dynamic announcements system (discord ↔ scene)
  • Mini Game Mania - addition of community selected mini games to be offered
  • Everything multiplayer creates more immersive experiences
  • dApps integration for marketplace, proposal, voting
  • Tutorials library in world
  • Intuitive 2D UI
  • Dynamic transport system around scene
  • External scene management website
  • Integrated scene analytics

External Image

Roadmap and milestones

Task Time Notes
Master Planning 1st Month Design & plan entire plaza
3D framework of scene 1st Month Finalizing design and flow of scene
Data Structure & Scene Architecture 1st Month Design data models & scene config
Massing 2nd Month Begin blocking out 3D locations inside master plan
Interconnectivity 2nd Month Map out transportation system
Core Scene Development 2nd & 3rd & 4th Month Server connections, UI, token-gating, instancing
Server Initialization 2nd Month create server with playfab & colyseus integration
dApp Integrations 2nd & 3rd Month integrate api endpoints into scene
Create 3D Supportive Assets 2nd Month Functional assets for each building
NPC Creation 3rd Month Create all infosistants around plaza
Dynamic Transportation System 4th Month Create & test transport system
Create 3D Landscape 4th Month Create 3D landscape and paths
Mini Game Development 4th & 5th Month Create & test mini games
Unified Textures 4th & 5th Month Unify the texturing/shading elements for the 3D assets
NPCs and Vehicles 6th Month Create 3D NPCs and 3D trains/transport pods
Final Testing 6th Month Testing & refinement

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Just to clarify, you have 2 bids in, correct? I think I am more on board with this one then. I do like your response to my reply on the other one. So you can have my YES on this one but a no on the other. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello team, thank you for the thorough presentation and progressive vision. I am thrilled to see experienced builders bid on this project and am voting yes on this proposal. I think there should be a focus on the DAO HQ before tackling the plaza. Maybe I have missed something, but I also question whether the plaza bid is valid as the initial proposal addresses the HQ only.

1 Like

Repost on this second proposal, same comment and questions:

I love the concept of having our spawn point controlled by the DAO via an experienced and dedicated design team that we collectively select. This team is clearly capable and has the will to follow through with and manage a project at this scale. I feel like the proposal video on YouTube is a great compliment to the above outline and makes a very strong case for this direction. The implications of sooner-rather-than-later DAO control over new users’ initial UI/UX excites me for the near to medium-term future of DCL.

To me, it’s very logical and desirable for the spawn point to remain at the center of Genesis City where GP currently is. It’s also appealing for there to be a robust, dynamic and most of all relevant set of experiences available upon spawning rather than just an attractive but fairly spartan one (no offense to the lovely work that’s served us well up until now :pray:). It would also be great to have a communal space in-world where active citizens want to congregate for civic functions. Currently, I don’t think GP serves that purpose.

My only two concerns when considering this route are 1) aesthetic cohesion between ongoing foundation issued branding materials and the ongoing DAO designed experience and 2) the preservation of the original GP build.

1. Is it realistic to expect a free flowing collaborative relationship between the foundation and DAO when it comes to harmonizing aesthetics? This isn’t meant to be a sarcastic or cynical question! I do believe it’s possible even in light of recent tension but I’d like to know what others, particularly those who would be involved on our end, think.

2. Has any thought been given to the feasibility and cultural value of moving the current build (in whole or in part) elsewhere within Genesis City? Any thoughts on whether or not the foundation would be open to this? Just brainstorming here and looking at the map, the southeast plaza is DCL’s least developed and the same size as GP. Not sure if that’s already earmarked for something going forward…

If @lastraum @NikkiFuego @Kirzoz @Opa_aq0 @Murpheus Authr and Mease have any thoughts on these points, I’d love to hear!

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve just realized that you’re handling two bid proposals. Could you please let me know what the differences are between them, aside from the grant amounts, which are different?

Hi there! Our studio likes to approach tenders with a “crawl, walk, run” approach giving our clients three different options to choose from. We have done this for all our prior clients.

Each option differs in features, functionality, and pricing.

This proposal would be the “crawl” approach. We are satisfying the original tender requirements.

The larger proposal aimed at redeveloping Genesis Plaza would be the “run” approach. Bigger and bolder approach.

If you could explain more about the differences between [BID-0034] DAPPCRAFT and your proposal, that would be awesome for me. Do you think your proposal is performing better, and if so, why?

Performing better? Clearly the other proposal has more votes lol. If you’re referring to why should our proposal get chosen over the other, then I would say:

The vision and experience of our team to deliver large scale projects. Our team is here in the community, on community twitter spaces, joining DAO town halls, going in world, hosting events. This project isn’t just a paycheck for us. We are here to be creative because we have a true passion for making Decentraland the best metaverse.

1 Like

Therefore, I hope that you can bring some surprises to DCL, and I even more hope that you can take this project from crawling to walking, creating an amazing DAO HQ. Keep up the good work and strive for your VP.

1 Like

[BID-0038] Last Slice Studios x Vroomway Collaboration

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 62% 5,052,836 VP (38 votes)
  • No 37% 3,084,635 VP (23 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 20,790 VP (5 votes)