[DAO:8ca80e3] Proposal for Decentraland DAO Headquarters LAND Sizing (3X3, 4X4, 5X5) for Maximizing its Utility

by 0x7bbea9c18cd0541acab8c19da2b11d0c03faef1c (1Existence)

DESCRIPTION
Ongoing discussions occur in the #headquarters channel within the DAO discord on a number of elements such as:
LAND plot size
Architecture
Functions
Infrastructure
Community benefits
User Experience
UX

This proposal seeks to initiate a vote to finalize an optimal LAND size for future development of the DAO Headquarters within the Decetraland virtual world. The options presented for consideration are 3X3, 4X4, or 5X5 parcels. After all stipulations have been collectively agreed upon, we will transition the project to the proposal stage to go through the bidding and tendering process. This inclusive approach ensures that all creatives have the opportunity to contribute, fostering a competitive environment that nurtures creativity. This is not merely a building project, but a unique opportunity for them to take part in the creation of the prestigious DAO Headquarters.

Since the implementation of the DAO land purchasing, we will look to find an appropriate size that will accommodate all the features that the community will need and would like to have, with the ability to expand as necessary.

If anyone would like to see a size other than the ones mentioned, please comment below with size and a reason. You can also mention in the DAO discord #headquarters channel as previously mentioned.

VOTING OPTIONS

3x3
4x4
5x5

Thank you,

1Existence

• 3X3
  • 4X4
  • 5X5
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Build it on a world, and you omit the parcel problem.

2 Likes

If we can’t build our own structures and conduct functions in our main world, how can we expect others to follow suit? We should lead by example and build this in Genesis City… Why aren’t we using Genesis Plaza as a headquarters?

I like the idea of repurposing a plaza for this use case. I’m not sure what’s been discussed/agreed to by way of function, but I’d imagine we’d want to include education on how to get involved with the DAO, perhaps live ways to engage with snapshot and governance from in-world, and a town hall/AMA/debate venue.

I would lean toward having this live in in Genesis-City to maximize discoverability through adjacency.

I agree that we should consider using a plaza, and I have the perfect solution. Two perfect solutions to be exact. Why aren’t these two small plazas being utilized at all? Due to my extensive botany investigations, (meaning that there are still default trees and plants here), I believe nothing has EVER been deployed on these two mini plazas. Why not devote one to the DAO? And the other to the Foundation. Use these to educate the community about the very pillars that Decentraland was built on.

Can anyone tell me what these were originally going to be developed into?

I mean, I’m sorry if it triggers anyone, but we complain all the time about empty land, how we can get owners to build on their parcels, but our public land isn’t even being built out? How can we ask people to build on their own land when these lands that are only accessible by the Foundation aren’t even being built on?

2 Likes

I will give as much information as I have and maybe @Fehz can chime in with more. A DCL world would be a nice temporary location as we continue to work out all the factors but in the end, there should be a location in world. As far as the Genesis Plaza, unless the foundation gives the DAO the land there is not much choice in the matter. With the DAO sweeping the floor for land, there will be many locations to choose from and somewhere near Genesis Plaza would be ideal. Right now this is just to determine the parcel size to build on. Location will be another poll. The questions are great but again, this is size only not location, design or utility. You can also join the discussion in the discord #headquarters channel. Thank you. And remember this would still have to go to vote 2 more times.

As ideal as that maybe that is ultimately up to the foundation. No idea if they have plans for what is there already or what. Perhaps one day they turn it over to the DAO or who knows?

These are items being discussed and will be voted on as well. So keep thinking of what you would like to have or feel is needed. Thank you.

@Canessa yes that is an agreed sentiment by many to use what is out there already. Right now is this about what size will be needed. Location to be voted on at a later date. It really does depend on who owns the land but the DAO has land it will need to put to use as well. Location will be most important. Thank you.

Will we be using the Sandstorm builds that they created from the DAO grant for this purpose? How big are those? Should we choose a build first and then determine the appropriate lot size?

yup 100 percent this I Second Canessa motion.

1 Like

I third that :sweat_smile: :point_up:

Canessa makes a good point!

I hear ya @Existential14 I just get fired up and went off a little. My apologies <3

1 Like

I’ve designed this DAO building proposal for the Sandstorm contest, and it’s set up in a 3x3 estate. I’m open to enhancing, developing, or adding more requirements to it. That incase you don’t have any different suggestions in mind, that’s totally cool too!

1 Like

I think @Canessa has hit the mark with this argument. :100:

1 Like

wooooow @rizk this looks great. Thanks for sharing. We should consider these builds when deciding the size of our plot no? @Existential14 @Canessa ? What say you? This would fit nicely in the plaza right? :smile_cat:

Hey everyone! Thanks @Existential14 for keeping this discussions on-going!

The main objective of this poll was to get a start point to decide on the size of the plot, because it’s still something that we didn’t define yet in the working group.

Deciding on the plot size doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t deploy something in WORLDs to host town halls, or that we must buy LAND, or that we shouldn’t reach out to the Foundation to ask for space in a plaza. This is a basic definition to start working on the spec for the PITCH PROPOSAL.

Conversations with Foundation are actually happening and there’s a huge possibility for them giving us some LAND in Genesis City to use it for our HQ, but we still need to define the size of the plot :sweat_smile:

With that said, for me, having our In-World Headquarters in DAO owned LANDs it’s a matter of sovereignty. But WORLDs, Foundation LANDs and all your ideas are well received.

Thanks!

Yes, I know @Canessa and I agree with you 100% (@PunkPink @Seanny). That is foundation land and not the DAO’s to use as they please. The foundation may very well have plans for those parcels for anything. They could divide them up amongst themselves someday when they dissolve. They could turn them into a parking lot. They could turn it all, every last parcel, over to the DAO. They could flood it into a lake. Uncertainties. I will talk it over with some people and maybe put in a proposal for a temporary location such as the World. Thank you.

1 Like

I’d like to ad that even if we were to get land from the foundation, we would need to have a size in mind that is IF and other things that come with it. That being said, this is to decide the land size only, so invalid question it isn’t really. If necessary I am ready to resubmit and perhaps make things much clearer. thank you.

Proposal for Decentraland DAO Headquarters LAND Sizing (3X3, 4X4, 5X5) for Maximizing its Utility

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• 3x3 1% 75,783 VP (13 votes)
  • 4x4 8% 500,628 VP (14 votes)
  • 5x5 16% 1,038,678 VP (6 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 75% 4,551,911 VP (56 votes)