[DAO:6ed3753] Should the DAO utilize the acquired LANDs to build its in-world Headquarters?

by 0x5b5cc427c1d81db4f94de4d51d85ce122d63e244 (Fehz)

This pre-proposal poll aims to gather community input on the possibility of using the DAO acquired LANDs -not necessarily the current ones- to build the DAO Headquarters and to obtain insights regarding the design, features, and functionalities.

• Yes, use DAO acquired LANDs and start the discussions
  • No, don’t use DAO LANDs for this
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

It’s better if the DAO will lend this LANDS for grantees or in the rental marketplace for extra revenue.

Utilization of acquired Lands will cost another spending for DAO treasury while lending it to someone may generate future revenue for the DAO.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

I totally agree that getting LANDS in the HANDS of buidlers is crucial.

But at the same time, I truly believe that the devs and foundation memebers who are relevant to the future development of this platform SHOULD be playing in-game and fully engaging with the platform daily. If this helps with that, I support it in addition to the statements above.

I will vote as soon as my VP isn’t glitched (says I need 1 VP to vote) *edit: I was able to place my vote anyways

2 Likes

I like this idea and think it should be done. It does not need to be fancy and maybe it would encourage the live streams of DAO meetings into DCL again. Why should people come here if we don’t participate in world like @DOCTORdripp stated. ( It’s good to see you in by the way. ) It doesn’t have to be a massive build either.

2 Likes

I’m a little on the fence with this one… but done correctly, I could see it being a good idea. Perhaps in the build, in order to get to the “main area” with a screen, etc. you have to walk past signage featuring all the other grantees that are utilizing DAO lands, with direct links so people can go check them out. It’s so easy to conduct town halls, twitter spaces, voice chats on Discord and Twitter, and whenever possible we should bring our content BACK into Decentraland. So the idea of having an in-world option to participate in these town halls is an absolute must in my book. If we don’t even use Decentraland to talk about Decentraland, then…eeek, how can we encourage others that this is the platform they should be in? We need to create the space to bring users back into Decentraland instead of outsourcing our participation to Twitter, Discord, Twitch, etc. <3

3 Likes

Should the DAO utilize the acquired LANDs to build its in-world Headquarters ?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes, use dao acquired lands and start the discussions 99% 5,037,929 VP (92 votes)
  • No, don’t use dao lands for this 1% 1 VP (4 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (1 votes)

What a fascinating idea! I can envision a In-World DAO Building where the Community members can vote, examine the results, and engage in discussions with one another, much like a DAO Parliament. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Great to see the results of this poll!

I’ll set up a working group for this and reach out some community members to help as facilitators :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Should the DAO utilize the acquired LANDs to build its in-world Headquarters ?

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)