[DAO:589123a] An Education Platform to Link Real-life Value to Metaverse Experiences

Hi @mini , I have witnessed people come from the mountains with no resources at all but through education and hard work, they better themselves and went to elite schools like Harvard! Education is the key, especially interactive activities for adults in the Metaverse!

Thanks for your support and seeing the vision.

I am a testament to Dr. Oniya’s accomplishment’s in decentraland. I met Dr. Oniya in Austin during his Texas Blockchain Summit. I am newer here. You never responded to my comment from another post.

I am excited to learn what topics these speakers will be discussing. Please share.

Get bizzy , mr big mouth, acutek, Clyde ,funksta, abverse ,Dj lethal skills and Kharkiv Dj , Vj Deleria
all on boarded through metatrekkers. You would have to ask them about who they brought with but they have their fans.
Not to mention you could have learned all this if you had attended any of the Twitter Spaces.

Easy yes for me no brainer. Having METATREKKERS part of dcl and all that’s been presented throughout my time here in dcl (1year today) I have learned so much from the MT community as I was able to develop new skillsets with the vision of educating me personally on web3 and showcasing the possibilities the web3 can offer. METATREKKERS with out a doubt can and will fulfill a fruitful project for the active and new users to benefit from for years to come. I believe having the education side in the metaverse more importantly in dcl is and will be the start to so many functions like it. Really excited to see this and enjoy the chance to have access to this all from my home. Love all the community functions here. Congratulations to METATREKKERS and hope to see this come to life :100::100::100: I also do want to add as a multiverse streamer having the capacity to multitask and handle multiple tasks is the goal in creating and in creations. I’d love to see many community members working on multiple projects and executing these visions to life. I have a very strong desire to see the decentraland foundation grow rapidly responsibly and efficiently this is an example of one community member doing just so. My best of wishes to all once again :100::white_check_mark::pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The work that MetaTrekkers has done in DCL should make it easy for a yes vote. In my personal experience, this is a community that has supported projects like mine at different times. As an audiovisual artist they have provided a platform to showcase my work during their BeatTrekkers Dj, Fan Art Fridays and Wearable Wednesday nights which have allowed me to connect with the DCL community at large.
I have also received professional services by MetaTrekkers that has helped me in my role as founder of the NFTianguis Art Collective. Earlier this month we produced an event called “Camino al Mictlan” for Day of the Dead, which was hosted in MetaTrekkers’ DCL parcel. Not only did they host our event but they provided streaming, graphic design, POAP distribution, and wearable display services.
I can assure that Metatrekkers is here to support artists and leaders in the space in a professional and visionary way.

1 Like

This is a yes from me. It’s a great opportunity to engage, educate and onboard more people to Web3 in an interesting way. MetaTrekkers onboarded me to the Metaverse with a positive experience. It would be great to see this rolled out further. Acutek

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. – Benjamin Franklin

There’s no doubt that the cost of education is on the rise. The financial concerns of earning your education should never stop you from doing so because, as Benjamin Franklin once said, this investment in yourself will pay you back with interest over your entire lifetime.

Letz geet it baby~~!!!

Easy yes from me. Metatrekkers has excellent leadership. Chris you are always at all the parties to support everyone! This education platform will be a big success. Think of all the possibilities.

This is an easy, NO from Serena Elis. This has been a NO from the very beginning. It is hard to look at this from afar and watch the community get played. It’s sad, but I don’t have control over it. I think this is when you need street smarts and ignore what comes out of people’s mouths and words. You have to trust movements. And this way of moving to me has been fishy and its quite obvious after asking for a quarter million dollars now with many empty promises. Barely paid the DJs for their time, and also he tried to get me to buy his NFT, while some people got it for free. It was shady to me, to want to get another $200 out of me after performing for this event. Since the beat battle started its infected the community and separated artists, starting fights, and also division. Everyone’s experience is different, but if you want to get it from artists who were involved, I felt it was a leverage situation and still is. If this passes, We can’t blame him, the system is flawed.

8 Likes

If I had 1 MANA for all these new members making a first comment… I would be MANA rich

5 Likes

they could be bots if you look at their history of being signed up. I cant lol

4 Likes

Yeah we need captcha or something for these accounts in the forums.

As for this grant, I told myself I am coming to this proposal unbias and plan to rationally look it over. I am not going to let the comments persuade me, except for a question I am still waiting on an answer for from @MetaTrekkers. I don’t feel like I have enough information to make the decision yet. We need to look at all of this rationally and see if it is best for the community. There are some good speakers. I am just waiting on the topics they will be discussing and also still would like more information on costs.

1 Like

Completely agree with everything you said, couldn’t have said it better… You were right from the beginning, sorry i took so long to come around and see the truth you were sharing.

I was asked to buy the NFT too, i said no and all of a sudden, he wanted to gift it to me lol. In reality his project was a way to “pay” people because a lot of the NFTs have been minted by him and then transferred to others… i know a couple people who didn’t want his NFT and had it gifted instead, we aren’t alone hahaha… The people who have delegated him 1M VP also hold his NFT, maybe they see value in the project :man_shrugging:

He has more grants in store i know a few details about them, they will probably get passed as well… Whales came out to swim on this proposal and i am sure anytime he calls in the favor they will swim again :whale2: :innocent:

2 Likes

The questions asked usually lead us to unanswered questions and vague answers. The Project has never been really clear which has always lead us back to lack of transparency. Its a common occurrence. I’m really surprised it wasn’t questioned in the first grant. I think over time the community will see this. When more grants and money will be needed to “support” ideas. Projects who ask for this amount of funding in such a short period of time, will run out of funds just as fast. This is the type of project that will continue to push the wrong boundary and exploit The DAO.

4 Likes

Things Usually come to light eventually. :innocent: Sometimes it takes others time to see through the smoke screen. and Hopefully, the community becomes stronger and smarter with this experience when they realize it. I think the community is super vulnerable, so going against someone who is loud and big personality may be intimidating but not to me lol. Whales can also pull a big rug too, so we’ll see how things play out, in this world, you just never know… . :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Metatrekkers has more than proven themselves worthy of this grant. Yes vote for me!

What’s really going on in Decentraland

1 Like

stop these fake accounts from commenting///

2 Likes

I wouldn’t come to the conclusions they are bots though. It’s probably people he knows.

1 Like