[DAO:589123a] An Education Platform to Link Real-life Value to Metaverse Experiences

I made my opinion clear that I don’t support multiple concurrent grants from 1 team.

The Dao was not created to fund a start up applying for multiple different ideas at the same time . There is too much risks for the Dao to fund them while the team applying has very little risks ( no skin in the game ) .

It also goes against my views on decentralization.

1 grant at a time is the way the Dao should operate . That is how I see things . :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

yes I agree. Deff hope there is a solution for this. 2 Proposals Totaling to 360k in a matter of 2 months is odd. I agree one needs to be completed then adding more.

1 Like

It was bound to happen that someone would try and push the boundaries of what is allowed or possible in terms of funding.

I think it is a good to see it play out and let the community talk about it . If something good ( or bad ) comes out of it it can set a precedent for the future where protections can be put in place if needed.

1 Like

Easy Yes for me! I love the Metatrekkers!!

I’m on the fence with this but I think at this time this is not something Decentraland needs and some great points made by @maryana in her comment.

I would also prefer to see your previous grant vesting period to be complete before you start applying for a new grant.

5 Likes

Voting no, there is a 120k grant still running and that hasn’t delivered 40k USD of value in the two months it has been running IMO.

8 Likes

The “shadow foundation” has given Chris MT permission to do what he wants. So, let’s just go along with it and see where this takes us! " SF" knows what is best for the community, not us.

2 Likes

Some individuals feel It may seem wired that MT asked for two grants in a short period of times. But if you know the founder of MT personally, you might know that they are very productive and they would aim for their goal and achieve it! They are very good at multitasking and have a very big team capable of handling big projects.

2 Likes

Thank you DJ VJ Deliria, Metatrekkers was so happy to collaborate with you on “Dia de los Muertos” Day of the Dead. Was an amazing event where you onboarded your community from spatial and around the world, especially the Mexican community.

The event, led by none other than VJ Deliria, is set to educate guests through NFT art, music and direct engagement, about the rich culture surrounding this day of celebration.

Even Thalia retweeted our collaborative event on twitter , who has 9.7 million followers and said she will be attending.

Thalia retweet
Day of the Dead

As I was in this event because of DJ Vilaria, I would have never volunteered if I knew it was at the Metatrekkers venue. Once again, more free entertainment for the community through your project. Unfortunately, I will have to warn every female I know in the music industry or anyone in this industry to stay away from projects like this because they will take advantage.

3 Likes

Metatrekkers are very active and i believe they are working for the community.

2 Likes

I vote yes for the Metatrekkers!!!

1 Like

MetaTrekkers are clearly one of the hardest working teams within Decentraland and have already delivered on some huge milestones. I believe this grant will massively benefit Decentraland by onboarding professionals into the space, not only will this proposal onboard new players but it will educate the current community on very important topics (Blockchain, Crypto & MetaVerse).

Its a clear yes from myself and the MetaParty team!

1 Like

Quid pro quo?

1 Like

OFFTOPIC

Can I use this image for my meme collection?

3 Likes

MetaTrekkers have done amazing job bringing in new users in DCL. We are working together with MetaViu and his location always get good amount of traffic weekly. He has done many amazing events so far. I also agree that speaker fees are a bit too much and can be lower than that. Voting yes

Thank you @BioMETA for the supportive remarks! I Love our events in DCL which are Wearable Wednesday/ Fan art Friday!](Fan Art Fridays.mp4 - Google Drive) I attached our collaborative event in which Alan (@Existential14 ), you and Metatrekkers partnered together to support Wearables creators and NFT artists for nearly a year now. A lot of creators would of course first publish their wearables in DCL, then come to display it in the Metatrekkers ClubHouse to the DCL community .These type of events are which we still host till this day, it helps DCL bring in revenue for the Dao. We also never charged for these events!:heart: Thanks again guys for seeing the vision and supporting the community! @BioMETA @Existential14

I see @VjDeliria is the 2nd one. There are @AwedJob Specs. @friskybumblebee cyber ninja mask. The metafoxcrew Fox head. steve sai headphones. The wings are @SynthiaNominae. Not sure if that is Sirdropbeartv or @mattimus psyriiis shirt. Of course there is yappingchen DigiFun @mashayong element dress.

Wizard gear is from Wilderness. I havent participated in any of these events. @Existential14

I agree with @maryana , in the past making an event with personalities/celebrities with a big community may bring people to Decentraland, but is not the case anymore.

We need to test new ways to onboard people to DCL, and for testing would be better to start small.

Decentraland is now the “cash grabbing virtual world with 38 users”, and people that before may checked it out is now completely unwilling to try it.

Your proposal is good, but the external environment factors are not.

3 Likes