Open Call - New DAO Committee Member

• What is your full name?

• Ryan Pal
  • What is your primary wallet address?

• 0x4262f8BB5bd9Ad132782D2a7279b532A1DC6BCbF
  • Why are you applying?

• I see Decentraland as the most honest attempt to create a truly decentralised virtual world. The Decentraland DAO is a core pillar for this vision and I would like to contribute to it by ensuring its smooth and fair functioning as a DAO committee member, while enabling a dynamic and constructive environment for the DAO members.
  • What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?

• I joined Decentraland in November 2021, and applied for a Tier 2 grant to develop a combat game in Decentraland. This early interaction with the Decentraland DAO gave me great insights into the functioning of the DAO and mechanics behind it.
      Since then, the project I started has grown into the Wilderness P2E game and I have spent all this time building on Decentraland, engaging with the community and observing the different aspects of Decentraland evolve.
      I had then applied successfully for a Tier 6 grant for expansion of Wilderness P2E in May 2022 which again gave me new insights into the DAO and taught me a lot about gathering support, handling criticism positively, understanding the point of views of different stakeholders in the Decentraland ecosystem and much more.
      As a member of the DAO, I have been regularly involved in DAO discussions, helping people understand the processes and contributing my views on key topics.
  • What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the committee?

• Educational Qualification : B. Tech. in Engineering (Mechanical) from IIT Kanpur, 2017
    • Work Experience : 5 years of experience working in Agile teams at Tech. companies of different sizes, from being a startup founder and working in 2-3 people teams, to working at Gartner, a multinational corporation.
      I am currently working as the co-founder for the Wilderness P2E [-25,90 DCL] for the past one year, wearing multiple hats every day including that of a developer, discord moderator, project manager and more.
  • My relevant skills for this role involve :

• Coding Smart Contracts, Management tools and Automating Operational Tasks
    • Discourse Management
    • Documentation
    • Leading and Managing projects in agile and remote teams.
  • Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to the DAO?

• Yes
  • Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.

• Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.

5 Likes