Metatrekkers DCL Community Zoom Transparency

First off, I would like to mention that I still remain here questioning this project as 1 of the 4 people who voted ‘No’ compared to the other 170 wallets who voted ‘Yes’ on this proposal. I am here, still not convinced that this money is going where it is supposed to be going. I put my own reputation on the line, which I do take very seriously. I care about Decentraland and it’s future, but projects with funny money like this seems to be, discourages people.

With that being said, Chris Metatrekkers claimed that he is not pocketing any of the money from this grant. However, the other night during the Decentraland Community Building Twitter space, he also announced that he will NOT be disclosing how much is going to each DJ. To me this leaves room to pocket some money since he claims to have already paid him.

Later I also had a public discussion with @ckbubbles. From that conversation, I believe she did the work and worked hard for her role in this. She also did mention the land was given to her as payment for something else. However, I still am not sure why Chris Metatrekkers would take on the role of doing this himself, if he couldn’t do it without CK Bubbles. I am now under the assumption that CK Bubbles intentions were pure in this situation.

As for the community, I suggest everyone to listen to the words themselves from Chris Metatrekkers zoom call. But below I will be bringing things to full light:

There was no need to ‘vote’ on your own grant, as you mention in this,

Yeah so of course you didn’t need to vote on this. Also how many of those 96 DCL Community Members did vote on this?

Meanwhile the proposal said this:

@yemel even asked @MetaTrekkers directly, but his comments as well as mine all of a sudden disappeared.

You told Yemel that this was a 1 time grant. @yemel can you confirm? since your comment was deleted? And everyone please go check out the comments - ONLY 7 comments are still there from what I can see.
https://forum.decentraland.org/t/a-multi-disciplinary-platform-designed-to-boost-decentraland-notoriety-and-onboard-the-biggest-arts-entertainment-names/15222

Going back to what you said

Your initial proposal framed this as it was to help the DCL community, now it’s &/or MetaTrekkers?
For someone who is claiming not to be making money on this, I am very confused to what the intentions are.

The only intention I can think of is to make a name for Metatrekkers, which is completely fair, however, every act of deception you are doing in this space is unhealthy. I personally do not want this in web3. This is about transparency.

Is it transparent to mint out your own project? There were many promises Chris made dependent on Metatrekkers minting out. However, those promises Chris provided for those who minted his project, under the condition of minting out, has not received most of those benefits? Seems like a lot of promises not kept. But yet Chris cannot keep those simple promises to his own community and the Decentraland DAO wants to take a chance on his current reputation?

I am personally under the opinion, that this is NOT the kind of culture DCL wants because it becomes very discouraging.

Can you (Chris) provide the receipts or evidence for everyone you already paid?

Does Chris know these people in real life?

Not what I understood, but I wasn’t there. I guess listen to find out for yourself.

For transparency, you failed to mention that you deleted messages in our conversation that you showed on screen during the zoom meeting. Chris will you admit you deleted that message? “Really low?” Because in fact its very deceiving the way it currently looks, as if I was just shouting out prices. When in fact, you told me the original price was “Really low” then I made a counter offer.

1 Like