For the past few weeks, there has be been rumblings, accusations, allegations, and overall noise about or against Metatrekkers, so we thought it best to host a Zoom meeting to address the concerns, questions, and feedback from the DCL community.
Some of the key discussion points and their responses have been summarized below:
- Did Metatrekkers vote on its own proposal?
- No, we did not vote on our own DCL grant proposal
- Did Metatrekkers get any sponsorship prior to or during the creation or voting period of the proposal?
- No, we did not receive sponsorship of any kind during the aforementioned time period.
- When will MetaTrekkers create their own DAO?
- In approximately 1-2 months; we are shooting for no later than January 2023.
- Will Metatrekkers apply for a new grant in the future aside from the one submitted for Beattrekkers?
- Yes, we may. I, Chris, as the founder of this organization and project, will try to continue to fund things out of my own pocket. Should my personal funds become exhausted, and there is belief in the project’s value, proof of concept, and desire/demand from the community, MetaTrekkers may have to. I shared this same messaging to the DCL DAO, and will be honest and transparent with the DCL community, as well. We are a project geared at bringing value and opportunities to the DCL &/or MetaTrekkers community. Anything we create or plan to will have these same goals and intentions in mind.
- Who is paying for BeatTrekkers?
- Financing of Beattrekkers to date has been 100% funded by me, Chris Oniya, as I truly believe in DCL and the community. This is just the beginning of something incredible, and my goal is to continue build and create here! I am here to stay for the long run.
- Has MetaTrekkers received any of the grant money yet?
- No, we have not received any funding yet. All funding will continue to come out of my, Chris Oniya’s, pockets.
- How did MetaTrekkers get so many VPs? We’re there any promises made in return for the delegation of those VPs?
- MetaTrekkers has been delegated 1M Voting Power (VP) by the community because of the ongoing events and value we have provided in our time here. No additional promises were made.
With the grant money from the Beattrekkers proposal, approximately 96 DCL Community Members will be compensated, and Beattrekkers will be renewed for Series 2, which means there will be another 96 DCL Community Members, a total of 192 DCL Community Members, compensated. MetaTrekkers was awarded a $120K USD grant, and 192 DCL community members will be compensated from it.
Over 25 people attended the Zoom discussion ,and at the end, everyone came to terms. All in attendance are now at peace with one another. Our love for the community has helped us overcome this whole situation.
We all realized that there was some miscommunication, misinformation, and sometimes unclarity around certain things. We know that more than ever, however, that we are 1 community with a shared goal of building it and growing together.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clear things up. I know we will all learn and move forward from this…TOGETHER.
For transparency, you can watch the whole Zoom session at the below link. WARNING : During the initial 20 minutes, trolls attempted to disrupt the meeting using racism remarks, playing loud music/making loud noise, interrupting with meme-like images, and displaying nudity. We kept all of it here to ensure we showed the raw, unedited footage.
You can also find the questions asked here: DCL Community Feedback for MetaTrekkers (Responses) - Google Regneark