[DAO:tybqyju] Establish Eye Material for Further Use

by 0x336685bb3a96e13b77e909d7c52e8afcff1e859e (michitodd)

SUMMARY
This is a simple governance to request eye material be updated to include same structure as Hair MAT and Skin MAT to be used on 3D assets.

ABSTRACT
Currently Eye MAT setup only works with 2D png upload but many users in the past have wanted to utilise this as a colour swatch to improve customisation and design opportunities. This is a request to keep current structure but also allow an additional ability to use EYE_MAT on 3D wearables also.

MOTIVATION
There have been 3D assets, skins or new designs that cannot customise their eye colours due to the limits of the current Eye_MAT structure. After the implementation of RGB hair, the demand has increased for Eye_Mat to be reviewed.

This can even go further to implement Skin_Mat and Eye_Mat to be a RGB style tint rather than set colours moving forward for more design outcomes.

IMPLEMENTATION PATHWAYS

If governance is successful an update will be added to the product teams roadmap.

Please feel free to leave any feedback!

• Support Implementation of Eye_Mat
  • Disagree, should stay png only
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

2 Likes

I don’t understand 99% of what you just said, but I know YOU do. I like adding more features to add diversity in our avatars, easy yes.

1 Like

Hahaha so currently eye material can’t be used on 3D assets and is quite limited. This is a request to make it similar to hair and skin which can be used in any way on the avatar ~
The design options it would create are things like earrings that match eye colour, skins with custom eye colour or even custom head designs having the ability to change eye colour.

I’ve been waiting for this proposal since the RGB hair mat came out. Thank you Michi!!

1 Like

I don’t think this is a valid implementation. An implementation for a governance proposal is something concrete the DAO Committee can act on to complete the proposal.
This is more a feature request implementation than a governance proposal implementation.

Oh really! Oops, maybe I can use this pre-proposal to gauge community interest then forward to product team. I can update to have a more refined implementation pathways via application from devs. :eyes:

Please share any further recommendation for the best proposal options for future platform updates for creators!

Just reviewing Linked Wearables this was a proposal draft or was this a Catalyst Node? (not sure about this node category)

Let me know so next time I can set up the correct way~

Another great initiative taken by the amazing @michi

Voted yes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure we’ll be able to get the proposal in the correct channel. I’ve wanted this option since I first came to Decentraland. Here’s my forum post from back in December 2021:

Voted: Yes.

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly! I think almost everyone has wanted this when we start and I get asked so frequently that I think it’s about time lol

Thanks for the feedback!

This is brilliant. I love the idea of changing eye colors but Having an option to change skin textures with .png images outside the current skin mat would be amazeballs. I would like to do more tattoo wearables and with the current method there are limitations to what other wearables can be paired with the tattoos without clipping issues. I like what I’m able to do with it but for my only current complaint, I believe this would solve the issue. And I’m positive there are many other beneficial use cases.

If I am understanding correctly. Please let me know if i’m way off in my thoughts lol
maybe the skin thing is a whole different issue outside of the tinting idea?

2 Likes

O!! YESS!
Please bring it to life! for us - creators :man_artist:

1 Like

I think if this is able to be implemented that possibly it will help with future proposals to request features and standard updates.

I also would love one day a way to replace skin_mat with custom textures so maybe that can be next request!

1 Like

Establish Eye Material for Further Use

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Support implementation of eye_mat 99% 1,619,777 VP (47 votes)
  • Disagree, should stay png only 1% 2 VP (1 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
2 Likes

I’ll be in contact with @Shibu to determine clear implementation pathways!
Thanks everyone for your feedback and I’ll update this to move forward.

2 Likes

Establish Eye Material for Further Use

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

1 Like