[DAO: QmT7PH6] Decentraland Growth through Educational Content, and Advertisement Data

by 0xae8bf49b1f8d56061bc693b7841c785b8e903ec5 (Turtles)

Should the following Tier 4: up to $60,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Content Creator category be approved?

Abstract

To achieve this goal, we will make immersive advertising content for platforms such as YouTube, TikTok, and beyond, to create an even better and more fulfilling experience for new players. Think about how it was for us all when we first started, someone welcoming found us and showed us the way.

Our project will include creator-made commercials, curated tours of Decentraland areas (especially some of the lesser-known ones); educational videos on cryptocurrency and how to protect yourself; and we will also include tutorials of the game, its systems and how to prosper/profit from playing and creating in Decentraland.

The main goal we have for this project, is to grow the popularity of the platform, and family within Decentraland.

Grant size

60,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0xAe8bF49B1f8d56061bC693b7841C785B8e903Ec5

Description

Each month for 6 months, our team of creators will release 10 videos at a rate of 2 videos per week, with an extra 2 videos somewhere throughout the month. This will be accompanied by 2 daily social media, and clip postings. The videos are carefully categorized to ensure we cover as many relevant topics as possible throughout the month.
The videos will be broken down as follows per month:

2x 2-3 minute high-quality commercial with animations, and in-game content. (This will come with a free cost wearable on the market - while supplies last!) Example: Narrative-based storyline such as a new player sitting down at the poker table with new friends they made and hitting it big! As well as finding friends during a performance at a venue etc.

2x 5-7minute Metaverse educational video to help newer users feel more comfortable in the Decentraland Atmosphere. Such as How to buy cryptocurrency, How to Protect your wallet, how to transfer cryptocurrency. Differences between wallet types ETC.

2x Decentraland touring video where we take the viewer through various exciting areas of the game, both new and old.

2x Decentraland tutorial video for those who are still not sure about all the amazing functions that Decentraland has to offer its community. (Such as custom Emotes, How to Parkour, how to travel to events/location and how to navigate the marketplace).

2x 10-15 minute video of targeted advertising specifically for Decentraland, outlining some of the already existing - and upcoming - land development projects throughout Decentraland.

60x 2 daily social media, and clip postings that will average in total 5 minutes of content from Decentraland, and its various features/events.

Releasing to the Decentraland Community monthly analysis data to track login, and interaction with the various advertisement websites. As well as logins to Decentraland.

Commercial Animation Samples: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/937483941403824238/981572870390038539/0001-0500.mp4

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/937483941403824238/981299909871431710/2022-05-31\_14-12-37.mp4

Specification

The team, as described below, will be utilizing footage from Decentraland, real life, Blender, and Adobe After Effects to create immersive advertising content to help engage, promote, and grow the DCL community!
We will utilize social media profiles from all of us to maximize our reach of nearly 80,000+. Most of the individuals reached are interested in MMORPG Experience/Crypto/NFTs/Communities based off their support on the content posted.
We will also leverage other team members socials. More information available on the website.
Example Links for 1 of the team members provided below:

Twitch: 5250 People

Youtube Partnered Account: 1300+ Subscribers

Reddit:5500 People

Twitter:10000 People
https://twitter.com/Veritasdh

Tiktok: 30000 People

Instagram: 2700 People

Discord reach:9000 People

MMORPG Community reach: 4500 People

Budget over 6 Monthsā€™ time:

Personnel Payments for a team of 9: $38000

Software/Supplies: $3250

Paid Advertising Twitter Ad Space: $3000

Paid Advertising Youtube Ad Services: $5000

Paid Advertising Metaverse Wiki Ad Services: $750

Paid Advertising Reddit Ad Services: $750

Paid Advertising Instagram/Facebook Ad Services: $5000

Paid Advertising Tiktok Ad Services: $2500

Paid Advertising Telegram Ad Services: $500

Hiring Data Analyst to compile Login Data: $500

Events: $750

Future:
To start this, we will be using our team listed below to achieve these goals, but beyond the 6-month time span we would love to branch out and expand this to more people for the team!

Personnel

Vertiasdh: Lead Narrative design. Real Life footage/advertisement (Signage, and postings), social media advertisements, and posting of videos. Along with popular events, and features being displayed in DCL. (Including 2 clips, and 2 postings a day). As well as, recording data of people logging into DCL for the first time, and logging the information into a graph, so the community can see the results.

Thcepek: Animation, and blender for customized armature, and scenery movements.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/978543970407825438/978897381745627156/VID\_20220428\_152310\_0041.mp4

AtomicHydra: Creation of monthly free wearables to views and assisting with footage captures in the DLC universe. https://opensea.io/collection/hydrazcollection

Traps Grouse: Assisting with video editing, and helping put footage together, as well as effects.

Kevmonchan: Production Director/Quality assurance of each video quality, so they meet, and surpass expectations.

EpicSmasher: Assistance with video development, and Community Manager interactions/events.

Ckbubbles: Advertisement creative director background 15-year experience, and advocate for advancing DCL www.ckbubbles.com

Surudo: Professional Game Developer/Assisting Custom Animations, and development coding for videos. http://farmerscommunitygame.com/ https://docs.farmerscommunitygame.com/

JuanOppurtunity: Website development, and promotional assistance/advertising.

(Wiggle Room to Add more Members based on Expertise)

Roadmap and milestones

The campaign we are proposing will be broken down into weekly milestones that will be repeated each month over the course of 6 months. The content being released each week (by Friday) is outlined below:

Week 1 (1 commercial and 1 video):
- The first video released each month will be a 2-3 minute high-quality commercial specifically for Decentraland
- The second video released in the first week of each month will be a 5ā€“7-minute crypto currency educational video, with a leaning on how Decentraland can help users and creators grow their wallets and creative portfolios

Week 2 (2 videos):
- Release 2x 10-15 minute tutorial video for future users who are not yet familiar with some of the creative tools such as Blender and Adobe After Effects, and tutorials how to navigate Decentraland, and how to best utilize DCLā€™s user interface

Week 3 (2 videos):
- Release 2x 10-15 minute tour of amazing areas throughout Decentraland, with an early emphasis on some of the most unique locations, games, and monuments

Week 4 (4 videos):
- Release 4x 10-15 min video advertising particular events, gatherings, games, and other things to do with your time and crypto within Decentraland
-
Everyday:
-2x daily social media, and clip postings that will average in total 5 minutes of content. (In total 60 a month, and 360+ over the course of 6 months)

Future:
Adding in regional advertisements for different time zones, and areas around the world.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

3 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to refine and improve your proposal. You are someone from the DCL community and from the details of your proposal I can tell you are passionate about this space and want to make it better. In that same spirit I welcome everyone to approach comments on this proposal with a mindset of ā€œhow can we make this even better?ā€

How are you going to apply a set of criteria to determine success or failure of this endeavor?

The decentralized nature of this platform makes it difficult to create a harmonized and persistent message about what Decentraland is and why new people should try it out. Increasing the Daily Active Users that actually engage in the world is key to our growth.

Iā€™d like to see specifics on these DAU you are hoping to attract. What is their age range? Where are they located? When would they log into DCL? What kind of PC or Mac would they use?

Iā€™d also like to see your metrics for success. For every dollar of this communityā€™s money that is spent, how many DAU will that translate into? How many hours in world will they need to spend in order to claim they are a returning DAU?

These are questions I am actively pursuing myself. Your proposal is hitting a lot of the weak spots that I and many other people have identified. Youā€™ve selected a good problem to solve. I think your solution ideas are sound. Before I can vote yes on this proposal Iā€™d like to know specifics of who you are targeting and how you will know when youā€™ve ā€œgotā€ them.

3 Likes

Hey @AwedJob Thank you so much for your response, and insight to this posting! I am all for making this better! The more the merrier in my opinion! To measure success or failure we will be utilizing the different types of analytics available in the various social media platforms. These specific types of analytics range from daily views, Time spent watching, and engaging with the content, ages, gender etc. It allows for data range between date ranges, and compares your postings to how much it improved, or decreased. I can then extract that data to a file. This feature is unlocked with my current follower accounts.
From there my team, and I will begin to look at the daily login rates to DCL, and its servers. We will then apply that into a graph, or a way that the community can read what the increase is on logins or decrease. I will then spend time in genesis and reach out to players a few hours a day and see where any new players came from. I will then compile that data further and present it to the community in an official posting on the forums, twitter, and DCL discords.
Most of the audience we are looking to attract will be between the ages of young 20s into the mid-60s. These specific demographics are mostly from North/South America/Europe/India. Most of the login times would be between 5-7AM EST- 11pm EST. This will just be a start we will be expanding the demographics to areas, and time zones missing.
My main target platforms will be Instagram/Facebook/TikTok since they have the most potential for growth due to various variabilities such as Facebookā€™s metaverse large creator cost, and their struggles with people understanding what the metaverse is. TikTok itself is most used search function online especially when it comes to trending content! Through education we can teach people all these things, and more about the metaverse, and its perks in DCL. As well as show creators how much they can be rewarded in ours compared to Facebook. TikTok by far is the most untapped market, and I have seen massive amounts, of support and views regarding the demographics for cryptocurrency, and newer projects.
The DAU should go up dramatically! The reach should equal about 200-300 person per dollar or 2. If that is true, we could potentially reach between 3-5 million + viewers. With it should equate to a decent chunk of influx of people to DCL. I would even venture to say it could increase the player count 10-fold at the very least in the first 2-3 months. Numbers are based off of per TikTokā€™s viewer per average for promoted video feature per dollar spent per day
We will know when we got them when we see those numbers rise on daily login, and trending rates.
I will make sure both hit well beyond our mark with all my teams hard work and effort :)!

2 Likes

Hey @DCLRealEstate, and sorry I canā€™t tag you, it looks as though maybe you havenā€™t created a forum account to interact with comments and DAOs before. I invite you to do so, so we can interact more!

We just noticed you came into the proposal and voted NO today, and would love to gain clarity on why you chose this. And how we can possibly work together to make this proposal better so you would like to vote YES on what we want to accomplish here. Please respond so we can work towards a shared goal of making DCL bigger and better together :sparkles: appreciate it!

1 Like

Hey, my vote is a NO. Hereā€™s why:

2-3 minute high-quality commercial with animations

We donā€™t need commercials but just organic people doing real content because they are passionate about it. This seems a ā€˜content production serviceā€™.

Also, donā€™t take it personally, but the animations you have presented donā€™t look good at all and not are related to Decentraland.

How to buy cryptocurrency, How to Protect your wallet, how to transfer cryptocurrency

In what aspect does teaching others how to buy crypto benefits the community? How many people that are interested in crypto donā€™t know how to transfer crypto?

Decentraland tutorial video for those who are still not sure about all the amazing functions that Decentraland has to offer its community. (Such as custom Emotes, How to Parkour, how to travel to events/location and how to navigate the marketplace).

How to parkour?? is that even relevant to make a video tutorial??

2x 10-15 minute video of targeted advertising specifically for Decentraland, outlining some of the already existing - and upcoming - land development projects throughout Decentraland.

Decentraland already has a marketing team.

Releasing to the Decentraland Community monthly analysis data to track login, and interaction with the various advertisement websites. As well as logins to Decentraland.

Why does even Decentraland care about the logins? In what this could benefit them?

Please donā€™t take it personally but I donā€™t think the proposal meets the standards to ask for 60K.

Regards,
Tobik.

1 Like

Im DCLRealEstate.

My general opinion (donā€™t take it personal)

We donā€™t need a Youtube Team for us /Ad-Team / Social Media Team / Content Creator
It will come by itself organic in my opinion, because DCL is so big

There are tons of Content creators who make vids about this everyday, on the biggest platforms every day for free.

So paying 60k in a grant, for content creators to make videos, that will be made anyway is my feeling of not best for the dcl foundation. Many of these video ideas, could be made for free, if a content creator wanted to.

1 Like

@Klockmann Hey I appreciate your insight on this! I sent you a DM about ways to improve some things going forward over your concerns! Thank you for replying

@Tobik I understand your points. However I do believe some of them are over the top. For example, I understand you make youtube content DCL, and others. With that being said, I donā€™t think saying the animations presented ā€œArenā€™t Good at allā€ is constructive in this conversion whether you believe it or not. This was for a project to demonstrate that team memberā€™s skills, and that specific file was intended to be a commercial for someoneā€™s content brand on DCL. We are here to support each other, and not bring each other down.
While I do agree with points such as the parkour, it was mainly just a fun example to ways people can interact, and maneuver the environment around them.
There are millions of people who are in an untapped market that are yes ā€œInterested in cryptocurrency/ Walletā€ but are too afraid to dive into it without knowledge or support, so education isnā€™t necessarily a bad thing to look into.
DCL would like to track the logins, because it helps to inform on analysis trends, of what advertisement for the game works, and what doesnā€™t.
We all want DCL to grow regardless of everyoneā€™s stance on this, and we all have our two cents to put into the topic. However, while we all debate new metaverses, and competition such as Sandbox, and Blankos are actively bumping up their advertisement campaigns.
As I stated earlier, I understand peopleā€™s beliefs in organic growth and free advertisement for DCL. With that said the best of the best do have aggressive ad/ commercial campaign in the real world with demographics and target markets to bring in users.
With this all being said regardless of if our proposal passes or not in this attempt, my team, and community wonā€™t stop trying to grow and better DCL. There is no right or wrong way to help, please in the future be more constructive on this statement. We are not here to belittle other efforts in the metaverse. United We stand of divided we fall.

Thank you Both for your replies I appreciate it!

Hello, @Veritasdh. Hope you are doing well.

However I do believe some of them are over the top. For example, I understand you make youtube content DCL, and others. With that being said, I donā€™t think saying the animations presented ā€œArenā€™t Good at allā€ is constructive in this conversion whether you believe it or not.

My YouTube videos are not related to this DAO proposal plus the sentence doesnā€™t make sense. The fact that I make YouTube videos doesnā€™t mean I cannot express my opinion against something.

This was for a project to demonstrate that team memberā€™s skills

Well, I donā€™t think that the footage you showed is good. Iā€™m not sure what else to say apart from keeping learning Blender/Cinema 4D/Maya.

We are here to support each other, and not bring each other down.

The idea of the DAO is to vote between different options and give feedback to the one who writes the proposal. If the only option to vote was ā€˜yesā€™ then what would be the point?

Also, this is not personal. I donā€™t have anything against you plus I donā€™t think you are bad person. I just think what you are showing for $60k is not enough.

There are millions of people who are in an untapped market that is yes ā€œInterested in cryptocurrency/ Walletā€ but are too afraid to dive into it without knowledge or support, so education isnā€™t necessarily a bad thing to look into.

There are already videos on YouTube showing this. Iā€™m not sure why the DAO should be funding something that already exists.

DCL would like to track the logins, because it helps to inform on analysis trends, of what advertisement for the game works, and what doesnā€™t.

I think Decentraland (as any organization) already has tools to see all the things you are mentioning. I donā€™t think they need it. Also, you are not showing any prototype of this.

However, while we all debate new metaverses,

There is anything such as ā€˜metaversesā€™.

With this all being said regardless of if our proposal passes or not in this attempt, my team, and community wonā€™t stop trying to grow and better DCL. There is no right or wrong way to help, please in the future be more constructive on this statement. We are not here to belittle other efforts in the metaverse. United We stand of divided we fall.

Iā€™m happy that you wonā€™t stop and keep building. Iā€™m not closing you the doors and if your next proposal convinces me I will vote yes, but today is not the case.

In regards to ā€˜United We stand of divided we fallā€™, again, I donā€™t think it makes too much sense. Your proposal is not a revolution, is just someone asking for money to fund a marketing team.

Also, donā€™t feel like Iā€™m the only one who thinks this. Most people would vote ā€˜Noā€™ without telling you their real thoughts. Iā€™m honest and transparent, itā€™s part of my nature.

Hope you keep building in Decentraland and come back with a better proposal :slightly_smiling_face:.

Regards,
Tobik.

3 Likes

I understand and respect your opinions as well as you being up front with us on what to improve. As I stated before itā€™s more to me about have the community grow and Iā€™ll support and lend a helping hand anyway my team and myself can. I have no hard feeling with you personally or anything. I also respect that you will be open minded for any future proposals. Thank you again for explaining yourself!

Hey, @Veritasdh. Thanks for reading my points and honestly I wish you the best. Hope you take all the feedback I gave you and keep working to achieve what you want. Donā€™t give up :mechanical_arm: !

Regards and best luck :heartpulse:,
Tobik.

2 Likes

Thank you :)! I appreciate it!

1 Like

@HPrivakos aka Kyllian If I may ask, what made you down vote for future reference so we can revise this?

Hey frens, really appreciate the feedback, this is is how we grow and get better together ā€” because the ultimate goal here is to take DCL to new heights with our collective power!

I do want to chime back in here myself, to talk more about some of the concerns around why thereā€™s a need for money to create content when it can be made organically and for free.

This proposal is to create non organic content, and content for paid media. Which requires more production, editing, and content creation at a faster rate than standard streams or posts we can edit together ourselves with free tools. And while we will use those free tools to create organic content in addition to this proposal, this proposal is not for those types of videos.

Iā€™d also love to point out that paid media is a huge part of a digital marketing plan. Finding and targeting customers on third-party platforms/apps where they spend a lot of their time has huge impact in increasing brand awareness, creating engagement from audiences where they are more likely to engage, and ultimately drive more sales/revenue ā€” or in this specific case our hope is gaining new users and increasing DAU.

I agreed to help work on this proposal because of my background as a Creative Director ā€” doing Art Direction, Copy Writing, and Graphic Design for many years ā€” creating paid and organic advertising for big/small brands and startups like The Future Rocks, Coca-Cola, Activision, and Major League Soccer to name a few. You can see on my website, ckbubbles.com, for the types of content Iā€™ve concepted and produced with a team before.

Iā€™d also help oversee and ideate the content produced, so it not only has a higher quality of output than what is capable for free ā€” but also so it can have its own take on the content compared to other creators work, to differentiate it.

The idea here is to push beyond organic, and see how we can use the web2 paid tools that are available to us to reach, connect, and convert even more people! We want to test with this proposal, if a model like this works, and how well based on the data. So that other creators GLOBALLY can use this structure to build their own teams, and also ask for DAO funds to further DCLs and their reach and scope of whatā€™s possible. We can even program it out and take on applicants and help guide them through the process of this model based on our own experience.

In the end, we want to use the power us all and utilize the purpose of the DAO; taking advertising into our own hands to help build equity for each creator in the space, and help build a future of more users in DCL. We canā€™t let it be like IRL, where if you have more money than another your get more visibility or access. Letā€™s create this future together, because it really is about us all, and not the individuals listed in this proposal. Again thank you all for your feedback, letā€™s keep chatting and making this proposal better!

2 Likes

There was many similar proposals and grants and none of them were correctly done.
Paid Advertising is a waste of money, especially the ones like telegram which consist in spamming people.
80k reach is very low, DCL twitter alone has over 600k followers.
Your youtube channel consists of shorts about frogs, rabbits and chameleons, some shorts were you are just asking your dog if it has poop on his butt and some WoW videos in which you record your monitor with your phone.

I do not think this kind of advertisement is needed for Decentraland, and even if it happens to be needed, I do not think you are the right person to do it.

DCL has a Twitter yes, but I have yet to see any paid promotional advertisements across social media platforms to attract new users. Comparing my personal reach to the DCL foundation doesnā€™t compare at the moment of course, however itā€™s almost 1/6 of it. That means there is plenty of chance for new users.
My animal videos as you know are meant to be fun and are a part of my branding. Many of them have untapped users that DCL wouldnā€™t be able to reach without me posting. A lot of them have interests in the same content as me, and my MMORPG community.
In the end I understand your points and respect them, however I ask you to be a bit more open minded when others would like to assist. Let the creators create, and you may be surprised with the results :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @HPrivakos, Iā€™d love discuss more about why you think paid media is a waste of money, if thatā€™s okay?

Iā€™m interested to know, if you have experience with media buys and the data proof points from campaigns youā€™ve run using those features, showing it wasnā€™t worth the buy? Because I will say in my 15 years of experience, the only time Iā€™ve ever seen content fail, is by not having a paid media plan/buy behind it.

Also speaking on Telegram, this will be the least focused buy, as it will probably have the smallest impact compared to others like TikTok, IG/FB, and Youtube. But maybe we reallocate those funds and move them to google search/SEO and see what we can also push there instead? Right now if you search ā€œmetaverseā€ any mention of Decentraland doesnā€™t even show up for pages, and even then itā€™s about MANA not the platform itself. Thank you for leading us to this important insight, and how we can adjust our proposal for the better! :sparkles:

I do feel itā€™s extremely important to have informed insights, so everyone can truly respect and understand the capabilities of marketing/advertising. Iā€™m happy to continue to share as much knowledge as I have with anyone who wants to know more about the industry, and would like more data to back anything up. :blush:

I wont speak to the other feedback not addressed, as that seems personal to Veritas as a streamer, and most of it to me doesnā€™t relate to this proposal and what itā€™s intending to create content wise. But to all Iā€™ll say is, donā€™t worry, there wont be turtles in our content unless it exists in DCL haha.

3 Likes

Do you click on ads? I believe that most of the people who could be interested by Decentraland would have an ads blockers or not care about ads.
The target population of ads is not the same as the current target of Decentraland. (IMO)

Hey again @HPrivakos I think you might be thinking of banner ads? Those I donā€™t click on hah, but social ads, often if the content is engaging, I will or at the very least follow the social account or look up more of what the brand/product is about. Banner ads will not be the type of content we will be creating, and most def not the media buys we will be buying into. I believe the ad blockers youā€™re speaking of, donā€™t work on most social media platforms like that.

What we do plan to create is engaging content through videos to help hype, bring awareness, and educate. So that the intended interactions will be viewers watching the video, and then engaging with the creator to learn more and/or going to DCL to sign up and join. Because as we all know, there are many hurdles that make that ease of access more challenging for those not in the crypto world already.

As for the target, right now we are using Veritas target audience to bring in new users outside of the DCL standard pool, since most who know of DCL more than likely have engaged with it in some capacity. And if they are served educational content that doesnā€™t teach them anything, like new user onboarding content, it will not best serve them. So we want to branch out from the echo chamber, as much as we love everyone in it!

We def want to push this beyond Veritas reach too. And have asked other creators to join us so we can spread the buys out, but no one has seemed too interested. So if youā€™re out there reading this and want to be involved please hit us up!

We feel all sorts of creators can use this model and do the same with their reach. We could even set up future proposals to work with other influencers/creators from other verticals to help promote too. We do this in advertising all the time, and itā€™s the standard for social campaigns these days. But thatā€™s for another proposal and not this one lol :laughing:

3 Likes

Decentraland Growth through Educational Content, and Advertisement Data

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 3% 44,939 VP (43 votes)
  • No 97% 1,133,442 VP (18 votes)