[DAO:huk33re] Nexus Market District Build-Out, Phase 1

Thanks for the support! I understand your perspective in the other proposal comments too, and the need to respond when someone’s criticizing unfairly. (I responded a lot here myself). I was just worried that too much back-and-forth would tire people out, and make it harder to get a fair vote for your proposal too.

1 Like

Im go in a different direction with this Can you tell us what 61 people own land or some the faces people might know. Those who are invested and contributing to the current VP you have. Not out of malice but to see who else we would be helping. It really shouldnt matter grants should be based on merit. In reality tho sometimes faces of those around us help to garner support from others. If we knew more about the people involved and who all benefits other then just a number. People want to help those they know. I dont personally feel 60k to develop all that land is a bad deal. I think its actually incredibly low. Running around I saw like 2 houses and that old game. Are your land parcels like Aetheria and tied of another contract? If your builder builds these are you going to make them permanent structures or will those coming in be able to change there own rented land build. If thats the case do you feel it would make the Nexus build irrelevant or will land still be for ale but the Nexus would remain. Id like to know more so if not this time maybe we can try again to get this area developed.

1 Like

Thanks @TheCryptoTengu . I also think that $60K is a reasonable price to get this build done, and all of us on the team have a track record of delivering successful games and builds in Decentraland. I seriously didn’t think we would have so much controversy.

It’s a good point about the 61 district members. Some are active players, and some are players who donated to the district early, around the initial land auction time and haven’t been too active since. I won’t drop names but maybe I can get some of them to post here too.

We manage the whole district as one estate right now. We will deploy the shared features like the Crystal City structure and the event stage within that estate. Those will stay as permanent structures. The interior of the Crystal City will have leasable spaces for people who just want to set up a shop or gallery without doing their own big build.

But we’ll also carve out areas and give deployment rights to companies and creators who want to lease land and create their own bespoke builds. All we ask is that they respect some basic design guidelines so that their builds integrate well with the rest of the district. We’ll deploy paths and landscaping features among the bespoke builds so that the whole district flows together well.

I still think it’s a good concept that can create an interesting new hub of activity within DCL. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey I appreciate the post and I get it about name dropping. As stated I feel grants should be things that are based on merit and how they benefit Decentraland. I also am a realist tho and know sometimes people put money before faces. Faces content and abilities are what will make or break this world. Not personal grudges and vendettas. A lot of sentiment in this dao seems to be focused on money. Personal history and that to me is understandably humanly but ethically hinders progress. Really it is all of us as a whole of decentraland that will sink or swim the platform. Im now realizing even myself am sometimes to vocal and oppositional. We need progress as a collective and unified front to make more options and things of interest or some other metaverse will. I hope those who read my words understand that as a whole.

1 Like

Nexus Market District Build-Out, Phase 1

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 26% 619,177 VP (39 votes)
  • No 74% 1,689,803 VP (33 votes)

I’m so sorry I’m late to responding to your budget breakdowns and cost, I’ve been super heads down working. I do appreciate you both @RDixon and @mdandrea for giving me your responses, and a clearer budget breakdown.

I see this didn’t pass this go round, but I would say please do resubmit. Maybe shift some things, based on ppls feedback and see if it helps give a clearer picture and eases their concerns. I think even if the response wasn’t desired, there was a lot of community engagement and that is a big positive.

1 Like