[DAO:7549f18] Grant to Buy Land for New Devoloper (Mayhemv01)

by 0x1ce7fc843cf8b5bf90a0f604193007608bc49d3c (Mayhemv01)

Should the following $5,000 grant in the In-World Content category be approved?

Abstract

To buy undeveloped land to build a permeant arcade like the ones I grew up with.

I will setup webhosting to then house the pygames made by me.

They will consist of fresh clones of pong, asteroids, snake, flappy bird, etc.

I will also host new games by me.

example of current game in Progress

https://github.com/Mayhem-v01/E.V.O.

There will be a live stream upstairs playing shows and movies 24/7.

This will also be an art house for NTFs

Been going by Mayhem since the 90s when i got my first pc and so you know old dogs and all.

Iā€™m good with html,python,c

learning typescript now

I already have a working Scene ready to deploy on a single 16 by 16

Webacade

I LOVE BUILDING AND MAKING I 3D PRINT AND MODEL, ROBOTS, AI, GAMES, ETC

Grant size

5,000 USD in MANA

Project duration

1 month

Beneficiary address

0x1Ce7Fc843cf8B5bF90a0F604193007608bc49D3C

Email address

mayhem.v01@gmail.com

Description

I would like to receive a Grant to Buy Land to be developed by me sooner rather then later as the wife already said i could but gunna take me 6 months or more to save.

I am unknown and i honestly prefer it that way.

I currently have no stake in mana but i plan to mint my name this week and start saving.

So i would like to receive funding to buy land earlier then what i can otherwise so i can immediately deploy The Scene i already have working as to start generating traffic

If a grant is issued this would allow me to use a months worth of paychecks 5100k net to buy the land and fund webhosting etc otherwise it will take me about 6 months to a year vs a month.

(I WOULD HONESTLY PERFER TO JUST HAVE LAND NOT MONEY)
but from what i can tell this is not possible

This is the Proof of Concept Scene I would like to Deploy

With the revenue i generate from this i plan to buy more land to develop things like mazes and shooting games as i get better with typescript.

I fully intend to be an active developer for IN WORLD CONTENT

i will host 2d snes type games made by me with new ones as often as i can think of them or someone makes a sugestion.

these will be available via a user interaction with the keyboard on the tables which will open a webwindow with the pygame imbeded using pygbag i may move to gpotdot or unity for these smaller games in the future

these will all be ad free and free to play

there will also be a live stream on the second floor of old movies and shows for people to hangout and watch

also on the second floor in the office area will be another pc that brings users to my printables page for browsing any of the 3d models i have made

I know that this can generate a steady stream of both new and returning users

I plan to sell advertising space outside on the front of the building as revenue to invest in more land to make other permeant fun locations.

So jump in play some minigames, watch some tv , and hangout with friends all at the Webacade !

I can think of worse ways to pass the time.

Roadmap and milestones

Scene immediately

Webhosting of movies and shows playing on a loop along with links to 3d models within a week of Scene deployment

Webhosting and release of initial game library within 1 month of Scene deployment

First new game 2 months After initial game library release.

New game added to library ever few months.

Rotation of movies and tv shows playing daily to be rotated once a week with themes for holidays and events

eventually this will be a social hub for the events i have at other land i will eventually buy and develop like a maze run, haunted house ,shooting gallery etc along with the mini games and everything else

I plan for this to be a fun social space with lots of mini game activityā€™s to keep people hooked and coming back.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

You might be the first to make a proposal to utilize land that the DAO will be purchasing. This is all be voted on currently so it could be a little bit before a decision on how things will be handled but it would offer you the chance to request the utilization of land until you could purchase your own.
You can see the proposal I am talking about here. Community consultation regarding the use of LAND (Part C)

Hi Mayhemv01. I really love your idea on bringing arcade games back, so please do persist in this. However, a general consensus in the community would be that no grant money be used to purchase LAND.

Existential14 has brought up a valid point. The DAO will, in the near future, be starting to purchase LANDs, which will then enable community members to publish their builds (see Purchase of LAND in Genesis City). Please do be patient as the process requires both time and approval by the community to be enacted.

Once LANDs start to get acquired, you can publish a proposal in the DAO to rent the LAND for the building.

I will be voting no to this proposal, not because I have no confidence in it, rather, its a no to using DAO monies to buy LAND.

If you buy a name, as you said you plan on doing, you can push your scene to a DCL world and develop your idea there.

So if access to land is the only thing stopping you, I think you are exactly the kind of builder they made worlds for.

3 Likes

There is another easy way you can get land to use instead buy your own land. just Joining our LandlordDao community you can get free lands to use anytime .

I donā€™t think it is appropriate for you to use the forum to sell your NFTs.

I suspect you wonā€™t let that stop you, and few others will care, but I just wanted to call it out as lame.

1 Like

I voted no because I donā€™t think itā€™s in the best interest of Decentraland to use DAO funds to buy land. But if access to land is the only thing holding you back, Iā€™ll delegate you build privileges to my land free of charge and you can deploy immediately and show us your building skills. We have a channel dedicated to matching land owners with builders in search of land on the Community Building Decentraland discord. Depending on how much you need, Iā€™m sure we can find a way to help you out. My discord is Canessa#7302. Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Land is the only thing holding me and to be honest most devoplops back from making this somthing great

I thank you for your consideration

I have looked into the name deal and frankly having to be logged in all the time for it to be found is a huge pass for me

I can see this being cool for events once a week log in to drop a new maze on my name and its only avalibke for 6 or 12 hours with the fastest time reciving a prize yes that could be cool

But the Webacade will be a perment spot in whatever meta i choose

And i relized that i submitted a grant request for somthing you all dont do opps my bad

I am a builder i like to build for no other reason then to make things fun for people to do or use

I honestly dont really care if i make money on anything i do thats not a goal of mine

I just like making stuff

And learning new things its what drives me

Had one of the best stores in fallout 76 lol

People used to find me just to visit my build not actually shop

Thats just the last public thing i did for fun always had people hanging out as soon as i logged in

Always been this way i build and they will come i only ever need time and word of mouth

I expect the Webacade to take a bit to gain traction as the spot will have to be opened then web interface done movie loops logos etc done

Then word of mouth will have to pass around just like IRL

No biggy just takes time

Which is why i need it to be a perment spot not a spot that can be taken from me at any point

Or only avalible while im logged in and only if you know my name

Im to paranoid to spend my time on somthing that could just be delted by someone else who owns it

We will see what the future holds but ill probly just save up my money and either buy a spot here or wait for robot era as i really only have time for 1 meta to develop in

Right now iv got 3 kids plus an AI (CARMEN) im working on (already works with macine learning) lisens better then alexa as it pissed me off enoff to just make my own,plus games (E.V.O. currently) plus a robot vacuum tank (makeing one better then the ones you can buy as they dont suck hehe its already prototyped and working just needs 995 servos vs the sg90 im using now for the drive works on hard surfaces just fine stalls out turning on carpet at half batt avc 55000 rmp 38 cfm 1.47 static pressure over doubke most romba type vacuums and it dosent get hung up on small things like they do)

so iv got enoff time left for 1 meta as this has been a plan just been looking around before i made any requests

But i will have a headquarters in a meta thats a fact

And i will use this to deploy everything i have and will make

Lastly im a stay at home dad so this is why iv got more time then most but its also kinda sporadic i may have a few hours one week or a few days of time for what i want lol

I use my kids and his friends to play test hehe as they can tell me more about whats hot and whats not then anyone else

And metas are the future it just has not arrived yet to many people of my age who will never touch a vr system and think they are dumb

Its my sons age group that is the future and why i plan to make somthing somewhere that will last

So it can be left to them after accumulating massive vaule over the next few decades

Grant requests asking for a money to buy land usually are not supported by community, but there are other options:

• as it was already mentioned - buy a name and you get a free world with it, although it wonā€™t show up in places explorer in DCL, it is still a good place to practice
  • ask community members to get access to build on their lands (you donā€™t even have to ask, Canessa in a comment above has already offered you that)
  • participate in contests and win land or crypto with which you can buy land (Sandstorm contests for 3D creators, here is current contest: SandStorm - Where Brands meet | SandStorm MetaVerse Marketplace, less frequently DCL foundation organized emote, wearable contests, Game Jams, video contests)

The last option is how I got my land :slight_smile:

what are you talking about?

For some reason i thought you needed to be online for the world to be accessed by others and only when you was logged in could they be used

I reread it twice and not sure why i thought that

This is a huge step in the right direction and already solves a problem

I could just use portals to send people to other stuff linked to my name

This opens up alot of possibilities

But i still need a site thats in the world as a perment spot to gather

Not sure yet how to let people know its there tho without a headquarters

Im not advertising i run by word of mouth only

Its the one thing i suck at writing and spelling lol

Thank you

Yes iv already gathered that

Altho imo this should be rethought

So you wont give a grant to someone who is willing to develop the land

This is fine not logical but whatever

But yet you also complain about land not being developed and plan to use funds to buy it back

This is a joke right

Im not here to cause any problems but the more i read the more i realize how absurde this is

So you need new developers to bring in new players

But then you tell a developer whos interested in bring somthing to the space no can do

But yet are funding games for 100k or more that should cost less then a grand to make just becouse they own land

This is not going to work you are not getting any of the good developers to come here and do anything

Why spend money to do somthing that can be done easier for free

Its fine you dont want to fund me i honestly didnt expect you to

But the replays of how it could be done are a joke

And the fact that you wont do this for anyone is absurd

There are a ton of great indy developers out there but they all say the same thing if one bothers to read

The cost for admission is to high

I see what your trying to do but the reality is most are not going to pay to make stuff for people when there are a ton of other games you can do the exact same thing with

Without an entry fee

Also after reading you all are proposing to take lands from ppl just becouse they have not logged in is stealing and not ok

If no ine has used it for a bit then have it defaut to a garden or somthing

But to take and sell out from under them thats not ok

My crypto wallet had been inactive for over 5 years

Not lost just holding

And if the wife would ever let me touch it i coukd just buy now but iv got an allowance each month and most of that is spent on the kids

So the fact the money is the main problem with getting new developers here you may want to rethink your plan

Also the last thing i will say is that worlds are not discoverable by people without them having to know its there under your name is going to fail

There is 0 indication that worlds even existed how to access it by the normal player or how to enter it without looking up what they even are

So pretty much 0 point in anyone other then land owners having worlds

Again another huge miss and i already read that u want it so only land owner worlds are visible

So agin you will not bring in any new developers the cost is to high lol

And why on earth would anyone spend time making a public space thats hidden from the general public

Again not very well thought out lol

Such a shame to cuz decentraland has alot of untapped potential that will never come

You all are missing a huge point

There are a ton of other games that do the exact same thing as you do

But people can create and relese stuff whenever they want for free with nothing but time as the investment

So why would a developer come here vs anywhere else like rec room

The main player base you need dosent care about owning land or coins etc they just wanna play the game and add stuff to it

Anyway sure iv pissed you all off at this point

Thats fine dont really care

Not mad about not getting funded but this has brought to light some pretty big glaring issues

And now i understand why theres such a lack of in world good replayable content

Also the 100k proposial for the wilderness game is a joke right

I could if made any of the games iv seen on here for a few hundred dollars and a few month time not 100 thousand you all are getting robbed

Which is pretty hilarious honestly gove a land owner 100k to add to somthing my kid could do and has done better

But yet wont give 5k to someone with the potential to bring in more users

For referance this is a new email created for metas

My other accounts have 3.2k followers on google and over 6k on amazon along with over 20k in a few fourms im part of 5th highest kill count in the world in cod black opps at one point and a massive following from that over 1mil everyone wants to know what gun im using was the krig back then and i was the one that made it a meta lol

Still have that following but i play warzone 2.0 have not touched black opps in iver a year and passed on vanguard completely

I also have a few thousand that follow my arduino ino code releses as i do things they say cant be done with coding

All just word of mouth and people who just started showing up

So ya i would of brought in a huge crowd of returning players

Exactly why im looking for a headquarers to open shop and consolidate all i have to 1 location

Its all good tho exactly why i enter as an unknown then i get to see how everyone is treated and what the average interaction looks like

And frankly you alls direction needs to be completely rethought

Start funding smaller projects and stop giving 100k to fund what a 5th grader can make in their spare time with unity :laughing:

Really wanted to make this my home but the entire system is Mayhem

Usually i enjoy alittle mayhem but in this i see it collapsing with the current plans you have

Your not drawing in indys

You giving way to much to people for things that dont cost anywhere near what they want

And even discussing stealing land from people is just not ok and that alone breaks my trust

So what i die but my digital business is fine but my kids dont cash out for 10 years down the road

They come to sell as the land price incread only to find 5 years ago you sold it without permission durring a market crash

Or the fact i have several wallets most have been inactive now for over 5 years one pushing 7 years cuz im holding

So if i was holding land then i would be sold inder the new proposal

Not ok alot of land ownser have land to make a profit on the resell later and for them to not logg in is not that hard to belive why log in just to check its still there

It better be i bought and own it that does not change with time

Ummm H#ll no

Name some and explain what part of what DCL does they are doing.

You are not speaking to a monolith that agrees unanimously and this kind of language is going to make it hard for anyone to agree with you once youā€™ve declared ALL of us are wrong.

I think you are confused about the nature of the community here. Many, if not most people, agree with your underlying premise, it is just the fact that you are speaking down to people as though you are the first person to call out any of these issues that is going to make it difficult for you to find support.

Are you suggesting you were not treated kindly? All Iā€™ve seen is people explaining to you the general sentiment of the DAO voters and why it isnā€™t likely you will get support for a grant to buy personal land and than people offering you solutions, including someone offering to let you use their land to demonstrate your proof of concept.

Once again I have no idea what you are talking about, but nothing that has been discussed or voted on in the DAO over the last 6 months is anything like what you are suggesting.

Right here is what im talking about it was abandoned

But the fact it was even an idea in the first place is not ok

No one has talked down to me at all

And i did not say any of you had

I actually enjoyed my time in decentraland

The people i met in the short amount of time there is what made me want to try and bring in users to this game

I immediately could see a huge gap that needed to be filled somthing i could more then likly do

The app itself needs alot of debugging and the builder needs some work both the core of what this could one day become shinned brightly

Thats the average interaction i see

Now let list games you can do just about the same exact thing it but for free

Rec room build free and show to the public

Horizon worlds same deal

roblox same deal

vr chat has the social aspect nailed

Sandbox very similar approach and as time passes adding the same features like walking around the actual city

Second life very similar

Fortnight build mini games for people

Gtav build levels for people

The list goes on and on

The only real difference are nfts but the reality is the nfts dont matter at all

Kids dont care about this kind of thing let alone can or will spend 100 dollars for a name or skin or item for their avatars

They want fun and ways to show off stuff they made for their friends

The core of what your selling is build for people to enjoy and monitize

But people already do this they build relese to fans that follow them on you tube etc and make bank

My kid pulls in 500 to 600 a month doing exactly this

hes 12

Which is my entire point that you all are missing

There is no way for the average creator to bring anything to the table

If they want it to be actually found by new ppl gotta have land

World is so hidden no one really knows ot exists

And the fact is world have 0 real world value right now

And the fact is another sugestion has been that land owners world are visiable

Again cutting out the average kid who has no money to spend but likes to make stuff and brings their friend in with them

Then there is the fact you have to pay 100 mana which coukd be 50 bucks or 600 bucks to even make a world is a huge fail

HERE IS THE PROBLEM NO ONE IS GOING TO PAY YOU TO BUILD AND BRING IN THERE PEOPLE

You should pay them for bringin in new users or at the very least

Give everyone the ability to create a world and publish it

Change the sign in system from needs a wallet to the average user can sign in and create an account with an email

Only if u want to buy or sell then wallet otherwise not needed

As the wallet alone is a huge barrier to entry and exactly why the sandbox is doing better

My kid can and does have an account and plays games there

But he can not log in here and play as is with the majority of your target audience

and that exactly how the system currently works you have to pay to do anything

And dont tell me contests as no kid is going to do this they are just not patient enoff

Not when they can just jump into rec room or vr chat and do more with less

I hope you all are staying safe out there

Peace,love,and harmony to everyone

Peace im out

Also im sorry if i came acrossed as speaking down to anyone i am not

Or at least im not trying to

Im just stating facts and huge missteps i see

That could very easily be corrected

And honestly im rather plesently surprised by your response i did not expect a warm reply

Kinda makes me wanna try and help even more

As most places are rather toxic when you point out short commings

Lastly to the list above

What makes these successful is not exclusiveness

Its easy of use and the abilty to make whatever and show it off for free

This is what drives skin sales keeping the average user comming back to do somthing weather its to play or to build

Not owning somthing in order to do the exact same thing

This is how most see it why would i pay you for somthing you should be paying me for lol

Thus, 2023 is dubbed as, ā€˜The Year of the Creatorsā€™!

Lol now thats funny since this is the only reason i applyed lol

Hey @Mayhemv01, its great that you feel DCL has potential and I hope you find other means to fulfill what you set out to achieve. We, as the DAO community, have a responsibility to each other to ensure that DAO money is spent within community guidelines.

As Iā€™ve mentioned to you before, and I believe most who vote ā€˜noā€™ would agree, that voting down on this proposal is by no means a reflection of our confidence on you, but rather, that we do not agree that this is the best use of funds by the DAO. It sounds like you are a matured person, so I trust fully that you can tell the difference.
Edit: After reading your replies, I retract my statement saying you are matured.

Thereā€™s been a multitude of options made available to you since the start of your proposal, and if you truly believe you can make a difference, iā€™m sure any one of those members whoā€™ve reached out to you will honour their help.

All the best!

1 Like

As i have already stated i did not expect you to fund me

But the fact that your guidelines wont let you fund anyone in my same sutuation is just about the fumbest thing i have ever seen in my life

Your platform is failing horably dhe to no decent developers commkng in

Then you wont fund a developer enless they own land

Thus is the exact recipy for disaster

Ill also say i have 0 hope this project will succeed as im not the only one with the same exact mentality

Id expect you to not be around in 10 years and nost like wont be here in 5

The fact js you all have no clue what your doing and will be the downfall of wbat could of been somthing special

Oh and im headed to second life they do everything you do plus more and better with less then 100 bucks i can do everything i need

And this is why your app will fail honestly it already has

The only people let are the few with investments

The regular player has 0 interest in comming

So good luck with your backwords thinking as its extreamly illogical

Ya give 240k to a game i could make in my sleep

But wont give 5k to someone who could potentially bring in the masses

And has already shown a plan

Not as if i had no clue what i was doing

I presented both a site and a plan showed code skills by letting you all see evo which no one else has seen yet except my testers

Hahahahaha

I just want to point out that if you would of taken the same 240k and given 5k out to new developers to bring in some new talent

You could of had 48 new indys 10 to 15 of which would of been goodq and brought in their users also

But yet your policy is basically dont own land we wont help u

Except no one is paying you(buying land) to enter a space thats most likly going to fail as public sentament around the project is not good
I could not tell you the countless people i ran acrossed that all said the same exact thing

I wanted to but the cost of admission is to high

And it pretty obvious that this is failing hard look at how much land is for sale

Most are trying to sell and flee

I will also point out if any of you bothered to look at the game i sent as a repensintation of my coding skills

You would of said welcome abord with no doupt i coukd do what i say

There are advanced technique being used along with diffrent coding styles along with the player movment was told couldnt be done but i did it

And the entire game is on rnd spawn timmers gor everything

My point is you didnt even bother to take a look before passing judgment

Not to mention everthing the art music sound effects code everything is made by me

And i did all this in 2 weeks that entire section of the game music art placeholders etc 2 week of 4 to 8 hours a day for 10 days is all it took me to hand make whats there so far

I started working on an ai and am working on the boss for the forst of 5 levels now

I built a working ai in a week and a working robot vacuum tank in a month print time killed me

Got about 3 days in actual coding

I can turn out a game like asterids or pong or frogger in less then a day