[DAO:mgbs5xy] i wanna add a free harrypotter land in this which would consist of same rides US

by 0xcee6d424fbfab72c63d0d067ba3decc11a633c09 (divyam)

Should the following Tier 2: up to $3,000 USD in MANA, one-time payment grant in the Gaming category be approved?

Abstract

hey guys how would you like to go to harrypotter world in decentraland mana for free it would consist of all kinds of ride and i would try to take it to next level hint(vr) im working on something cool on my own and wanna introduce that to you all.

Grant size

3,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0xCeE6d424FbfAb72c63d0D067BA3DEcc11a633c09

Email address

tonystarkmark0999@gmail.com

Description

so, here the problem - for many fans of harry potter there is nothing to do on this platform
by creating somthing unique i may benfit this platform to gain more users and traffinc so that ppl would start adopting web3

Specification

first of all i would purchase a land the me and few devs would build a harrypotter land if mana decided to give the land then it would be a very cost cutting projt for us .

Personnel

our team has already worked with many DAO’s projects, basically we are the white collar guys that protects or retrives the crypto back from the hackers and makes DAO more secure we do not discloure our identity.

Roadmap and milestones

we would first desingn some characters and add something user can connect to vr so he/she may enjoy the ride properly and it will take us 21 days to get the project done.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

ahah

6 Likes

Going to have to agree with HPrivakos’ comment for Personnel. As for LAND purchases with DAO funds, no.

How can community possibly trust or know this is accurate? Nothing about the project itself is on proposal other than “Harry Potter” and “VR”.

Easy NO.

Overall a low effort proposal but probably the biggest issue is the high probability that the unauthorized use of IP will lead to a cease and desist that takes this project down.

1 Like

I disagree with Unknower with the cease and desist. Screw the big brands not coming in and building stuff now. We have already seen instances were people with jacked up builds can mess up others parcels. No one able to shut them down dont see why if someone wants make a build of a show their a fan of they should be shut down. Im all for build it let them try shut it down due to creative integrity and interpretation. If your gonna copy paste some vr game or clone a code thats not open source thats not cool. Also even asking for money to buy one parcel i dont believe that one parcel would let you make anything relatively close to exciting due to current limitations. Def is a lot of Harry Potter Fans out there so i can see this being attractive to many. Do you have any previous builds we can look at and see or sources of credibility?

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to submit this proposal. The amount you are asking for is not enough to buy a parcel of land, which most in our community feel is not an appropriate use of the DAO funds anyway. I would suggest that if you really want to do this project, use the funds to pay your developers and rent the land to get established. I would also suggest that you look at what you can do with one parcel. You’re talking about a rather awesome experience, but one that would probably work best with 10+ parcels of land.

Have you checked out Dicemasters at all? It has a similar vibe to Harry Potter and you might ask the team that is building it what helped them find success. Good luck to you!

That’s not even my opinion, we’re talking about IP owned by Comcast here. They have entire teams of people whose sole job is to find copyright/trademark infringement and take it down. This is a multi-billion dollar megacorp we’re talking about. Though I’m very much the type to root for David over Goliath, this is not a lawsuit we want to see play out. Comcast has enough money and lawyers to bankrupt this entire platform. I highly doubt decentralization can save anyone from that beast.

2 Likes

i wanna add a free harrypotter land in this which would consist of same rides US

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 242 VP (23 votes)
  • No 99% 7,197,767 VP (45 votes)