[DAO: Qme22m2] DCL Knowledge Base HQ - Educational Website

by 0x6ae03d1d3a9b161ec264c76ad73999ee25abec5a (Kris#ec5a)

Should the following Tier 2: a one-time payment of $1500 - $3000 USD in MANA grant in the Community category be approved?

Abstract

A few months ago, I had many questions about DCL, as did many redditors, so I created and added an entire page to my website (Decentraland Guide! - Explore the Metaverse) dedicated to onboarding newcomers, and further educating existing players about Decentraland and its history + capabilities. I have been moderating it since.

I noticed a one-stop-shop knowledge base was missing, so I took the initiative to learn and create this website to educate myself and everyone else who shared the same questions. Ranging from the explanation of claiming your username, to the world map, to districts, wearables, and even fun things to do in DCL!

After getting a vote of confidence from DCL admin, “Toonpunk”, (who loved the website), here I am! :slight_smile:

Grant size

2,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0x6ae03D1d3A9b161ec264C76AD73999EE25AbEC5a

Description

Since April, my Decentraland, all-in-one free guide (Decentraland Guide! - Explore the Metaverse) has received thousands of views, and has received awesome feedback with requests for me to update it.

I have been fairly busy and haven’t updated it in a month or so, and so I figured a financial grant could align me to maintain and moderate this awesome knowledge base.

Specification

I have completed the core of this project already:
(Decentraland Guide! - Explore the Metaverse) , but I plan to add some CSS to polish it up, and then continue to moderate it indefinitely :slight_smile:

I use Notion hosted on Super, which I pay for myself. And I do the CSS polishing myself during my spare time.

I think updating this resource is crucial to onboarding the masses into our metaverse.

Personnel

I am a one-man-army here. I am and will be working on this all alone, as I enjoy doing it and learning more about DCL.

I am a DeFi content creator who documents and educates others who are intimidated by the space. I aim to make guides and content that anyone can understand, which casts a wide net to help onboard non-techy people even.

My YouTube: https://youtube.com/c/DefiDonut
My DeFi education site: https://letsdodefi.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/thekriskay/

Roadmap and milestones

Since the website is already up and running, I will be responsible for:

• Updating it with new content as DCL evolves
  • Add a “DAO votes” section that explains new votes that passed.
  • Polish it a tiny bit with some CSS

I am in the DCL discord and in communication with a few admins.
I have no problem reporting updates there.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Enacted:

Hi @kris ! We hope you are doing well.

I’m Pablo, from Decentraland Grants Support Squad, and I reach you out because we need your help.

We are interested in Grant´s program history to improve it in the future, that’s why we started to contact grantees that have been funded by our DAO and nowadays their Grant status is not active.

So, for us it would be helpful and valuable if you can respond to the following questions about your Granted Project from Decentraland.

Thank you for your time and to help improve the Grant Program.

Regards!

Pablo & Team