Update Status: On Time
Project Health: On Track
The refactoring of SugarClub code to SDK7 is done . But it remains limited compared to our SDK6 build. Some functionality is lost such as modules for wearable shop, server viewer and POAP distributor . so for now we are still using SDK6.
Here is the current repo for it still being updated : https://github.com/dogmandcl/sugarClub
I am still hoping to develop a IP ban module build by Hprivakos before the end of this grant.
Here is a small recap of the activities at SugarClub for September/ October
- Organizing our EVOLVE Techno series for the rest of this season until December.
- Continued effort to refactor SugarClub to SDK7 + extra modules that might be of interest for DCL community ( Drinking game / Realm player count viewer / IP Ban code )
- We talked with MVMF2023 organizer Bay Backner to have a pre party Techno event on the 11th of November to start the festivities for the music festival.
- For this unique event we will have a 3 hours stream of exclusive techno form Greencross, Cristian Varela and FunkDvoid.
- All our events are cross marketed with Hyperfy and DCL
- Continued education for 3D creation content ( Blender , Zbrush , Unreal Engine, Substance Painter).
Overall we are pleased with our music program and are looking forward to feature out techno event a few days before the main stages of MVMF .
In addition it has come to our attention that SugarClub is one of the most cost effective music venue grantee in the DAO ( cost per user / grant received) which is a very nice data point to have.
Low attendance at our events is definitely having an impact. We do have a handfull of supporters that come and we are grateful for that. We are starting to develop a new strategy for next year that will involve a Youtube channel to reach a bigger audience.
Focusing on finishing the season of EVOLVE techno and refactoring for SDK 7 as well as prepare our exclusive Techno pre-party for the MVMF festivities
Follow us at Twitter for updates and events.