by 0x5c4eab549a528bf15c47a01e174500010997235c (DEMIAN)
Should the following Tier 4: up to $60,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Gaming category be approved?
At DAPPCRAFT we are recreating one of the first Quiz in DCL. The first version, launched in October 2020, was very popular and we decided to extend the functionality and update interior and exterior parts and to attract new, non Decentraland users through marketing campaign. The QuizZone allows visitors to check your knowledge in the subject area, play with other participants and win prizes. Quiz as a game is very exciting, you want to play it again and again.
Our vision is to empower Decentraland’s community with smart and interactive game experiences which develop in people the desire for knowledge, the study of something new and test their knowledge in a gamifying way (audio quizzes aka “guess the song”, art/pictures quizzes, etc)
We will be holding Quizzes seasons with prizes to engage Decentraland users and community to participate in something that can improve their knowledge and empower their will to learn something new.
Each season contains 8 Quizzes on different temathics. We are going to host 3 seasons. Three best players from every season will get valuable prizes (rarible wearables and grant for education up to 1000 MANA)
QuizZone Current Ecosystem:
- Admin Panel that allows to create, edit, manage text Quizzes;
- Beautiful Environment and really dope atmosphere interior for Quizzes;
- We hosted 24 Quizzes already and Decentraland community loved them;
- Hosted very popular Quiz event inside the Decentraland and gamified experience for - 500+ players on our platform;
Additional features we are going to implement upon grant approval:
- Design and functionality for Admin Panel that allows to create, edit, manage pictures and audio Quizzes;
- Environment and functionality adjustments and development for music quizzes;
- Environment and functionality adjustments and development for picture based quizzes;
- Wearables design (more than 25 unique wearables), deployment and delivery;
- Lead-up for 25 Quizzes temathics and questions preparation;
- Conducting, management and maintenance of 25 quizzes;
- Lead generation and marketing activities to promote QuizZone and attract new users to Decentraland;
- Animations and special effects design to increase the appeal of QuizZone;
- Dev & QA iterations to make quiz engine more stable on a server side;
- POAPS will be created and minted for the last quiz season.
How it benefits the DCL Creator Community:
- DAPPCRAFT provides a place for DCL visitors to participate in Quizzes, motivate them become more fully developed persons (art, movies, music, science, economic, geography, games, virtual reality, etc);
- Grant money will go partially back to Decentraland community as prizes for winning - Quizzes and will be returned partially to DAO wearables publication fees;
- As DAPPCRAFT continues building experiences for Decentraland, we will be adding additional functionality based on community feedbacks and ideas;
- Attracting new users to Decentraland by advertising quizzes in social networks
The $ 58,800 will spend as follows over a 6 month period:
- $6 000 backend development = 1k/month;
- $6 000 Graphics + Improving visual experience (3D/graphics/animation) = 1k/month ;
- $8 000 Quizzes setup and maintenance = 1.33k/month;
- $1 200 web development and maintenance = 200$/month;
- $12 000 marketing (external flow) = 2k/month;
- $3 000 Community maintenance (Decentraland, Discord), Discord maintenance
- $4 000 Miscellaneous development expenses = 667/month;
- $2 500 Decentraland platform fee for wearables publication (will return to the DAO);
- $16 100 - Prize fund ($670 per event);
Link to the QuizZone:
Demian G - Co-founder and CEO
Serge L - Co-founder and Chief of creative
Dmitry G - COO
Kristian N - Lead 3D
Sergey - Dev lead
Vlad - Dev
Anna - Project manager
Elena - Quiz master
All grant money will be used to pay out team members and winners of Quizzes, to attract, incentive, and reward the very best virtual participants.
Starting from 07/29/2022 we will host quizzes weekly (quiz design, launch and hosting, wearables design and publication, users maintenance, technical support)
Quiz team can reschedule up to 5 quizzes due to technical issues and other circumstances such as national holidays, etc. The total number of quizzes will still be the same, 24 in total.
Server part reconfiguration, visual adjustments and design improvements our team will handle in between 07/29/2022 and 08/16/2022
The QuizZone will start advertising on August 16, 2022, with even distribution of the budget for all three seasons.