[DAO:b6cee96] In-World Snapshot voting library

by 0x521b0fef9cdcf250abaf8e7bc798cbe13fa98692 (Kyllian)

Should the following $1,000 grant in the Platform category be approved?

Abstract

This grant would fund a SDK7 library to enable snapshot voting from inside Decentraland

Grant size

1,000 USD in DAI

Project duration

1 month

Beneficiary address

0x521b0fef9cdcf250abaf8e7bc798cbe13fa98692

Email address

dao@hprivakos.net

Description

Fund a library to easily add in-world snapshot voting in any SDK7 scene.
The library will come with functions to vote on proposal and an UI that shows currently active proposals

Roadmap and milestones

The voting function will be released a week after the grant passes, the UI listing active proposals will be released the second week.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

DAO and Snapshot are enough for voting. Even if it’s a good jod, I don’t think we need pay for more ways to vote at this time.

You can vote on this proposal from this scene: Decentraland
(THIS IS A PROOF OF CONCEPT AND NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF WHAT I WILL DELIVER WITH THAT GRANT)

Unless it’s as fast as open the website.

The price is very fair for what is proposed, and I know that @HPrivakos would do a good job, but even so I don’t think it is necessary, even if it is an improvement it does not provide a more effective solution than the one currently available.

I voted no since I think it will not be used because it is much easier to do it from the website, but I may be biased since I have become accustomed to using the DAO interface as it is, if anyone thinks I am wrong I will be happy to listen and rectify my vote in such a case.

I think we should encourage bringing as many interactions in-world as possible and I support this proposal. Yes, it may be quicker to use the website, but it’s a step towards bringing all of our interactions in-world.

Would love to see this get implemented in Angzaar, since they’ve already been successful in bringing the marketplace in-world there. It would be a shame for this to get built and then never get used because it’s up to someone else to implement it in a scene or nobody knows where it is. But that’s a different problem to solve.

This could be a really good feature for our in-world Headquarters :slight_smile:

I have been calling for more in-world DAO activity and it’s really nice to see it happen. I trust that HP will deliver. My thoughts are that he should not charge the DAO more than 500 to do this but after discussing it with others in the community, I will lean on their expertise in regards to compensation for this job and vote yes. Onward.

1 Like

Tested and working. Voted YES.

1 Like

Not needed for now.

the website is enough, save the funds.

Angzaar (Last Slice) already got funded for this initiative and it was on their roadmap. I am shocked no one has mentioned this. Maybe DAO is a charity after all.

1 Like

I didn’t know about that, I checked and it’s not in their milestone pdf.
It’s lightly mentioned once in their proposal and lastraum said “dao voting” in a comment once over a year ago, but nothing since then.

Here’s the link. They received $240K and this was in their grant proposal doc. I don’t know if it’s already delivered or not but there is no need to spend extra DAO CHARITY IMHO

Yes, we have a light version of reading proposals and attempting to vote on them. However, we have disabled this as we are currently migrating our entire scene to sdk7.

There is currently no support or public documentation for blockchain interactions with sdk7.

1 Like

Here’s a screenshot from in world with a dao panel. This is from our sdk7 migration yesterday.

1 Like

Thank you for updating everyone on this @lastraum

You guys are building excellent in-world experiences. Keep pushing :clap:

1 Like

Will this be used in the DAO HQ once implemented? If so I will change my vote to yes.

I want to vote for this but if someone is already doing it then we should hold off right?

Give the man the $1000 and we can have it this month.

They are not currently working on it.
I know how to do blockchain interaction in SDK7 as I did the POC with SDK7

2 Likes