by 0x5b5cc427c1d81db4f94de4d51d85ce122d63e244 (Fehz)
Should the following $94,000 grant in the Core Unit category be approved?
This proposal seeks to extend the operations of the Decentraland DAO Facilitation Squad for an additional six months. The team has been successful in establishing a routine of operations and reporting, identifying key areas of engagement, onboarding new users, and promoting collaboration among the Decentraland community, DAO Core Units, DAO Committee, and Decentraland Foundation.
A breakdown of previously awarded grants and their cost are included below:
- Grant #1 - $75.000
- Grant #2 - $78.000
- Grant #3 - $98.500
Building on previous successes, our upcoming term will focus on enhancing in-world governance and broader community engagement.
94,000 USD in DAI
In the coming term we will continue our iterative development of key governance and community engagement pathways, which have been established during our previous terms of operation. These include: Community Engagement and Promotion, Onboarding and DAO Experience, Transparency and DAO-Foundation Synergy, and Collective Decision-Making and Policy Building.
Onboarding and Community Engagement
- Community Moderation
- Ongoing maintenance and structuring of Decentraland DAO Discord and Forum structures to ensure intuitive user experience and understanding of our governance pathways
- Hosting DAO Town Halls, In-World Meet Ups, Brick by Brick Builders Club Sessions, Twitter Spaces
- Showcasing and documenting the story of the Decentraland DAO by sharing and creating content that educates, engages and informs the users, builders, grantees and larger community.
- Showcasing the Decentraland DAO by actively participating, networking, advocating, and delivering presentations at web3, crypto, and AI conferences.
- Bi-weekly onboarding Sessions, documentation, and videos
- Assistance, guidance, and orientation
- Coordinate the design and building of In-World DAO Headquarters
Transparency: DAO-Foundation Synergy
- Coordination of engagements and collaborations between the DAO Community, Core Units, DAO Committee, and the Decentraland Foundation.
- Facilitation of three Request for Information (RFI) rounds, enhancing collaboration and reducing information asymmetry between the Decentraland DAO and Decentraland Foundation.
- Decentraland All Hands (revamped AMA format)
- Promote and improve the Facilitation Corner as a comprehensive hub for transparency, easy documentation access, team collaboration, and project management.
- Community Pulse Survey Reports
Collective Decision-Making & Policy Building
- Facilitation of Thematic Working Groups
- Support and advisory to professionalize policy building (proposals writing, assessments, implementation pathways, feasibility, collaterals).
- Create, promote, and facilitate more instances for synchronous debate (issue-specific open sessions)
- Reporting on DAO Operations and Governance issues
Responsibilities and activities span across four primary areas
1. Community Engagement - Full Description
- DAO Onboarding
- Discord Moderation
- Community Pulse
- “Brick-by-Brick Builders Club”
- DAO Headquarters
2. Governance Operations - Full Description
- Working Groups
- Dedicated Open Sessions
- Request for Information (RFI)
- Legislative Tracker
- Facilitation Corner
- Reporting (Weekly Briefs and Governance Reports)
3. Strategic Communications - Full Description
- Social Media
- Decentraland All Hands
- Town Halls
4. Stakeholder Coordination
- Coordinate communications and generative interactions between various stakeholders in the Decentraland Ecosystem, including DAO Community Members, Core Units, DAO Committee, and the Decentraland Foundation.
Strategic Communications & Engagement Deliverables
- 12 Community Town Halls
- 2 InWorldMeetUp
- 4 Twitter Spaces
- 3 All Hands
- 3 Request for Information Response Rounds
- On-going Working Group Facilitation
- 8 Brick by Brick Builders Club Meet Ups
- 24 Weekly DAO Digest (24x)
- 6 Monthly Governance Report (6x)
- 2 Community Pulse Polls
- Regular Updating of Legislative Tracker