[DAO:922a0c5] Add an erc721C NFT collection also giving 2.5% exchange rate to DAO

by 0x10ac7f99a186b4e382c1af547029772e4557ffaf (Bat)

Linked Draft Proposal

Add an erc721C NFT collection also giving 2.5% exchange rate to DAO

Summary

Add an erc721C NFT collection to DCL Marketplace for launch also giving a 2.5% exchange rate to DAO of all sales on DCL Market Place

THIS IS NOT A GRANT REQUEST

Abstract

Add an erc721C NFT collection to DCL Marketplace for launch also giving a 2.5% exchange rate to DAO of all sales on DCL Market Place. The 10k NFT collection has already been approved to be linked wearables through this DOA.

What is ERC721C and why care?
Long story short majority NFT 10k ETH collections are made on ERC721A and sadly Blur Marketplace found an exploit where they can not enforce the royalties to creators. Thus now OpenSea and all other Marketplaces are now saying they will also pivot to no longer enforcing royalties for sales. Some people saw value in royalties being one of the biggest utilities in the art space since they we have seen continued to give funds to expand the IP of the collections instead of them just being a one of sale like in real life art. ERC721C we have tested gives the power to the creators to turn off and on permissions to marketplaces at anytime that do not enforce the royalties thus giving the power back to the creators again. We will be the first NFT collection to pioneer this new method and would love to promote our buyers, fans and collectors to buy off marketplaces that enforce the 10% royalties like Decentraland Marketplace rather since we will be turning off permissions like Blur unless they later on agree to enforce those 10% royalties. We also think since our NFTs will be linked in Decentraland and for those of you that know me know my long love for the Decentraland pretty much since its creation many years ago.

--
When launch? In the next week or so this month or next at latest we still testing ERC721C.

A a great place is what we seek to launch why we here.

I been a fan for a long time as those who know me know.

For reasons we all know why.

U and i all know why I can’t reveal my true identity.

Methods like these are necessary when whales tread for attack.

Only we know we can outsmart them.

Name of this collection you ask is laid out right here in case you wondering from top to bottom on the left is the answer you seek.

Generally hate methods like this but we all know this place has become a circus.

Ego’s, comedians, leaches, blind dogs, thief’s, digital colonizers, bears, clowns, and crabs in buckets.

Never giving up tho as we know since even they can’t stop us against our inevitable Liberty and Prosperity.

2 now and forever. Thank you.

Motivation

1 so that when people buy the (NFT COLLECTION NAME ABOVE) they can also check out other wearables from other creators to go with there outfit
2. So Decentraland can make that 2.5% marketplace fee and give it to do the DAO for all sales.

Specification

We have reached out to Nwiz, Skazi and Sannin on why they voted invalid and asked what we can add to make valid yet have not received a clear response or instructions on how to solve that issue. We are open to all feedback from them and anyone else to be implemented thank you!

Impacts

Worst case scenario they will not be listed on Decentraland Maretkplace and we wont have the oppurtinity to point people to buy them off it and then be able to check out other wearables by other creators that can go with it. Also we will miss out on an oppurtinity on testing a new oppurtinity to test on raising funds for the DAO by the marketplace fee.

Best case scenarios
1 so that when people buy the (NFT COLLECTION NAME ABOVE) they can also check out other wearables from other creators to go with there outfit
2. So Decentraland can make that 2.5% marketplace fee and give it to do the DAO for all sales.

Implementation Pathways

Thank you all for your feedback and even grammer and spelling checks have helped a ton. I also took LordLike’s council and reached out to Gino and HP on logistics if this did pass. I know they are very buys since did not get a response and HP is on vacation but all is good will report anything via the comments if something comes up and will also work with them or whoever we have to execute this process just like we did with our tests on opensea and snag.

Conclusion

Thanks again for everyone that voted last round and this round again. Very stoked on this!

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

The proposal falls short in providing a compelling value proposition for collectors.

And it doesn`t address suficiently the challenges posed by the current state of the NFT market.

Thanks for finally reaching back @skazi since was eager to hear your feedback on the last two rounds but never got a response. Going to address each of your both of your concerns and hope I can do the best I can to show you this is def wroth voting Yes on and if not all good thanks for checking it out.

1. You say

but what collectors are you talking about? If you are talking about the owners of the 10,000 NFTs as stated above then hope this clarifies:

A.

Instead of just buying from OpenSea and seeing the wearable on there page which is cool but the great thing about the marketplace it has its “try on” feature which allows people to see what other accessories they can by that match or can mix and match that just a normal marketplace does not do at this point in time.

B. Also as you know a lot of our buyers/collectors are members of this community and I think they would like the option to give the 2.5% fee to this platform rather than not having that option as what is the case now. If they were a fan of Decentraland and got to choose to give it there rather then an alternative market place they would and visa versa.

1. Also you also say:

Then please explain to me what you challenges you think are posed by the current state of the NFT market place because we think this actually does just that.

What we see is that NFT boom was great because A. people loved the utility of being able to own things online. B. digitally potentail of cross platform utility (which is what we also doing with making these linked wearables in Decentraland and also working on with Otherside and Sandbox as well) C. The creators have the ability of royalties which they can continue to use to expand the value of those digital assets.

A. This continues to prove that concept by not only pioneering the multi platform ownership with Decentraland and also being able to buy on the marketplace, but also B. Brings back the “C.” which is the
brings back the royalties that the Blur.io and Opensea situation has taken away and the whole reason the creators are not as focused continuing to expand the value with those assets as much as they use to with ERC721-C

In conclusion you have known me for a long time and we have had some epic times over the years. If you think we missed something that are would like to more focus on def let us know so we can do the best we can on doing so. If this does not clarify tho you concerns and you are not interest in letting us know more directly what they are not looking to change vote to Yes based on some random variable we cant deduce or do anything about like not liking us as a person or ascetic or really anything random then all is good too thanks for at least finally reaching back and giving us a shot on going more in depth on the relevance of this mission.

1 Like

Voting YES, I think it’s a good initiative, can bring more use cases later and can stimulate the MANA currency.

There are also quite NFTs at Golfcraft, a game that runs only in Decentraland and would make sense to trade items on Decentraland Marketplace.

Thanks @pablo and def agree. Also agree in hopes this can become a proof of concept for more demand for others as well espically Golfcraft a leader in Decentraland space! Thanks again.

1 Like

Thanks for more info.

So theres a 2.5% fee for the Decentraland DAO;

And you argue that the proposal addresses challenges in the current NFT market by introducing royalties and promoting multi-platform ownership,

And one of those platforms is a monkey metaverse…

Sorry but no

everyone that voted yes is so down now on NFT`s and delusional thinking that its worth something.

No problem thank you too @Skazi . Also thanks for seeing the value in the Decentraland DAO marketplace fee.

and hahah on your comment “monkey metaverse” and “everyone that voted yes is down now on NFT’s and delusional thinking that its worth something.” reality is you said it yourself there is a problem and we are trying to be one of the first case studies for a solution. we do not hear you pitching any other alternative solutions or what we can add to make this more a method of how you would prefer, so really don’t know what we can do here and can only deduce you are just doing this to be negative and unproductive. Which is very odd because you even voted Yes on this on the first round so dont know what changed your mind. still open to hear what we can add to get your vote back on to a Yes and if not then all is good wroth the ask on our end. Thanks again either way.

As expected Nwiz and RobL voting No with 5M VP total with zero explanation on why or feedback on what we can do to make this more to their preferences or better for the community. Door is always open but we know those two will continue to stay silent.

Still waiting for the final attack from the hand that controls the sock.

Add an erc721C NFT collection also giving 2.5% exchange rate to DAO

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 59% 9,327,341 VP (93 votes)
  • No 40% 6,502,568 VP (35 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 105,330 VP (6 votes)
2 Likes