[DAO:7c5e44c] Allow Feedback on Votes like Snapshot

by 0x37f00ec67d68c2d3c662339c183d37403c36f28e (AaronLeupp)

when voting on snapshot it allows you to write your reason for your vote. This data helps people trying to pitch value and guides them in a direction hopefully that benefits everyone (the voters, the builders, and the community) some may take feedback as harsh or unfair but those people are not willing to pivot or get to a point where they need to be to provide the value in the first place anyway and they can move on.

[quote=“mattimus, post:26, topic:16747”]
[/quote]

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I get where you going with this man but Isnt essential the comment box a place to do this tho @AaronLeupp? Im curious to your ideology behind this one cause ive always seen people usually comment in the proposal why they did their vote.

2 Likes

Yes some people do write their feedback in the comments section. I would say about 5 to 20%. I forecast an increase in this feedback if it asks you when you vote too. Not only the convenience but also the intimidation people get when some proposals have like 20+ comments of people arguing back and forth and someone is like “I don’t want to read all that before posting my comment” and rightfully so lol. Also think specific questions also could help.

Why did you vote no?
What could they change in their proposal to get a Yes vote from you?

Why did you vote yes?
What could they add to make you even more excited about them seeing this proposal through?

Another example:
Why you vote Invalid question/options @Think and @Strategist ?
What could we change in this proposal to get you to vote yes if anything?

1 Like

I like the format of whys gives direction for positive and negative feed back. Thats cool idea. If you scared read you comments tho no mercy. Fortune favors the bold. Interesting see how this plays out.

1 Like

haha yes and 1,000% agree.

1 Like

he will forever be Jason Bourne to me @AaronLeupp

1 Like

Hi @AaronLeupp I appreciate you taking the initiative to take this to a poll but I don’t believe this was necessary.

We can have @ginoct and the gov squad assess the feasibility and potential solutions. I don’t believe this is a feature that would require a poll or governance as it is not drastically effecting any processes or underlying smart contracts.

Maybe with a character limit, it could be neat to see the comment next to the vote listing. Ex:

3 Likes

wow yes I down. i mean if we down to implement even without a poll have nothing further to debate. very cool

Allow Feedback on Votes like Snapshot

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 8% 124,389 VP (33 votes)
  • No 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 92% 1,366,483 VP (20 votes)