[DAO:650a59d] Voting change

by 0x5985eb4a8e0e1f7bca9cc0d7ae81c2943fb205bd (helpimstreaming)

• Be in world X amount of time every month or fortnight to have voting access for the next month or fortnight.

• Props can only be made at the start of that decided timeframe.

• VP to taper off the more you have.

This is not unbreakable but it is heaps in the right direction.

• yes
  • no
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Was going to vote yes because I read this as getting vp for the time we spent in Fortnite but then I realized I read it wrong. :wink:

twisted haunted castle tomatoes please busdriva!

Proof of in-world I LOVE THIS! There are still millionaire VPs I don’t think I’ve ever seen them even once in-world. How do I vote twice like repub?

It can be abused so easy.

Also I don’t think we should require explorer use time to vote, Decentraland can be much more than just a virtual world.

Always thank the bus driver :wink:

To be fair to @Helpimstreaming, of all the ideas that involve being in the world, this one has the lowest possibility of being abused.

Being in-world doesn’t generate VP, it just unlocks your ability to participate in governance.

I need to think more about the part where you can only submit props during a certain timeframe, though as I type this I believe even congress (US based so I can’t speak to the rest of the world) has recess where no one can submit things.

I also like the idea of having VP tapper off as you acquire more of it.

Something like
100k VP = 100k VP
250k VP = 225k VP
500k VP = 350k VP
1m VP = 600k VP
4m VP = 1.5m VP

(that was roughed math done on the fly, and we’d want an exact formula, but you get the idea)

1 Like

Voting change

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 3,405 VP (10 votes)
  • No 42% 1,855,864 VP (7 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 57% 2,502,844 VP (28 votes)