[DAO:bc2fbb5] Limit votes to a percentage of the threshold

by 0x521b0fef9cdcf250abaf8e7bc798cbe13fa98692 (Kyllian)

Should votes be limited to a percentage of the threshold?

For a 500k VP threshold proposal and 100% threshold limit, if I vote with less than 500k, then all my VP is counted in, if I vote with more, my vote is limited to 500k

POI/Name ban:

• 100% → 500k VP max per vote
  • 50% → 250k VP max per vote
  • 20% → 100k VP max per vote

Governance proposal:

• 100% → 6M VP max per vote
  • 50% → 3M VP max per vote
  • 20% → 1.2M VP max per vote
  • 100%
  • 50%
  • 20%
  • No limit
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

3 Likes

Finally, someone proposed it.

4 Likes

Is there really a point in limiting VP? Whales could just divide their VP between multiple vallets.

1 Like

Good starting point.

1 Like

Will prevent District Leaders from abusing district VP

1 Like

We chatted some in Denver ab this, think its a great idea. Let’s hope it doesn’t get loop holed!

+1 Good idea to limit to percents.

The whales already making sure this doesn’t happen. How do you propose we get past that? I say it needs to something like voting limits need changed, how do you want to change them 75% 50% 25% and no other choices.

Hey @HPrivakos what is the difference between this one and the other one?
oh nevermind I saw your answer on the other post just now!

@HPrivakos @nwiz consider changing to 20% ftw

I believe 100% is a nice start.
For a POI it would be a limit of 500k and for lower grants it would be a limit of 2M VP, that seems nice.

4 Likes

i tried to backdoor a way for people to identify people by making forum names not tied to nfts but registered account that would of made this easier and people just didnt see it haha. We would of been able to eventually identify corrupt people and collaborated votes. End of day without full kyc tho this is fruitless war. I like this tho as a start.

okay, then @Seanny consider changing to 100% so this poll at least passes

Done.

Not all whales.

5 Likes

@Seanny the Good whale :whale: :whale2: :whale: :whale2:

nice, thanks! friendly whale :cowboy_hat_face:

@esteban consider supporting 100% limit :pray:

I voted for 20%. I think I’m missing something: wouldn’t 100% be effectively worthless in the current state? Generally speaking, I’m more interested in the binding governance proposals, and we haven’t seen anyone coming in with 6M+ VP.

I see the benefit on the grants though, for sure 100% is a good start there, but I’m less concerned about those…

1 Like

It would be useful for grants, POIs and linked wearables.
20% might be too low for governance proposal as it would limit to 1.2M per vote.
Better 20% than no limit though =)

1 Like

Makes sense! Happy to move forward with exploring any of the proposed options

1 Like