[DAO:45862f1] Should we increase VP Thresholds for Governance Process Proposals?

by 0x0636211443e91468ee3657e1d7faede7059c4843 (Nathan)

This Poll intends to gather community feedback on increasing VP Thresholds for Governance Process Proposals.

Governance Process includes Pre-Proposal Polls, Draft and Binding Governance Proposals.

The current Thresholds are as follows:

Pre-Proposal Poll - 500K VP

Draft Proposal - 1M VP

Governance Proposal - 6M VP

Given the recent increase in participating VP, raising these Thresholds will ensure important Governance decisions have to reach broad community consensus before approval and to mitigate the risks of Sybil attacks.

I propose 2 potential Threshold increases:

Option 1: 1.5x Threshold increase

• Pre-Proposal Poll - 750K VP

• Draft Proposal - 1.5M VP

• Governance Proposal - 9M VP

Option 2: 2x Threshold increase

• Pre-Proposal Poll - 1M VP

• Draft Proposal - 2M VP

• Governance Proposal - 12M VP

• Option 1
  • Option 2
  • Do Not Change Thresholds
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Do we really need to vote on this three times in roughly 4 weeks?

I agree that the thresholds should be raised. I’m voting for ‘Option 1’ to move this initiative forward, as I believe a 12M VP threshold for Governance Proposals is too high to start with.

One way to proceed IMO, should this proposal pass, is to form a working group for broader Community discussions and input.

Here are my thoughts on thresholds:

• Pre-Proposal Poll: 1M VP
  • Draft Proposal: 3M VP
  • Governance Proposal: 8M VP

Voting for Option 1 for now, I agree with @web3nit’s suggestions as well.

However, we do not want the VP levels to be entirely high and out of reach, since the duration of the Delegated VP from Esteban is not known.

2 Likes

Did we not JUST have two rounds of voting no on this idea?

What has changed since the last two times in the last month the community voted this idea down?

Suggestions around the first two rounds are fine but during the Governance round it should be higher to combat the whales who come in during the very last moments. I voted #1 but would prefer 10M-10.5M during the Governance round.

what proposals have passed in the last year with more than 9M VP? I agree with the lower tiers but not the governance tier…

People thinking of Grants that won’t be impacted by this change.

I’m fine increasing threshold on poll and draft specially now that lot of people has 500K delegated VP.
But I don’t think increasing governance proposal threshold is necessary. Then I vote no to change it for now.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Hey @CheddarQueso. Since esteban’s second wave of VP delegations, we have seen proposals easily surpassing 9M participating VP with one recent proposal amassing more than 20M VP. Here are some examples:

That wasn’t her question

Should we increase VP Thresholds for Governance Process Proposals?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Option 1 42% 3,146,634 VP (60 votes)
  • Option 2 35% 2,600,852 VP (24 votes)
  • Do not change thresholds 22% 1,655,892 VP (9 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 788 VP (2 votes)

Should we increase VP Thresholds for Governance Process Proposals?

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)