[DAO:230fa1a] Grants: Reasonable anti-drain measures

by 0x598f8af1565003ae7456dac280a18ee826df7a2c (pablo)

TLDR; this is a rough idea, can be more polished if it passes:

• Put limits per proposals, it will allow more cases, more people participating, more opportunities and more contributions. Someone can ask for smaller timebox grants, having to sell less MANA, e.g for 2 months, instead of selling all the MANA for 6 or 12 months.
  • Require 60% of acceptance between yes and no votes. Avoiding controversial proposals, only those with more agreement will pass.
  • Set the limits and budget based on MANA price
  • Most of the budget should go to Plattform initiatives, open-source projects and tooling for the community.
  • Proposals should be reviewed before enacted, that fulfills all requirements so that we can avoid future revocations.
  • Don’t freeze grants
  • YES, lets work on the points
  • NO
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Hey pablo, I am voting no just because of 1 point which was,

• Require 60% of acceptance between yes and no votes. Avoiding controversial proposals, only those with more agreement will pass.

As much as I agree we should have some better rules for controversial proposals, In my opinion we should not implement such thing just because I dont think No votes should weigh more heavy then a yes vote.
( It’s like saying if you vote no you have 10%+ more VP)

1 Like

thats what your supposed to do they need you to fill thier coffers :rofl:. Got keep that ponzi alive man so rich get richer while you all kick the money can around for them. Invest invest invest

I think you misunderstand. Afaik Its just changing the acceptance threshold from 50% to 60% so both yes and no would have to win by 60% to be enacted

Oke what i mean is so no weighs 10% larger then yes with the 60% difference. I think thats not a fair measurement

Dogman its also not logical in this scenario to have No win at 60% so what that means if its 59% no the outcome would be yes enact it🤷🏻‍♂️

its very confusing and doesn’t fit right if we say only yes has to win with 10% difference.

1 Like

I think freezing categories/grants for a time when we have no real plan for sustainability is not the worst idea.

The rest seem like moving in the right direction however.

This one is going to be another NO from me Pablo. Im so sorry to see it looks like you got lost somewhere along the ride. You seem to have lost the spirit of DCL along the way and decided that your self interests were more important than the needs of the community. Please stop proposing things that further limit voting and accessibility to the DCL platform unless your intentions are to kill Decentraland. If your intentions are to destroy the platform, please take your energy elsewhere.

What is a controversial proposal? Your recent sammich game being put under the “platform” category when it should clearly not be in there. (while also touting education with a grant that has spelling errors in it)

Your grants that pass should be revoked and I hope you get your selfishness in check. You clearly do not know how to lead DCL to a brighter future anymore and need to take a step back to reflect on your recent proposals and how they might impact the platform in the long run. As someone who has background in government and governence in the real world I can say that you clearly either do not know what you are doing, or you know exactly what you are doing… either way is massively detrimental to DCL in my opinion.

I have to agree with @InJesterr. I would probably support this proposal without the second bullet point.

1 Like

Grants: Reasonable anti-drain measures

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes, lets work on the points 78% 4,332,367 VP (51 votes)
  • No 1% 16,442 VP (3 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 21% 1,193,837 VP (24 votes)

Grants: Reasonable anti-drain measures

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)