[DAO:ad4fc36] New tier of funding that's just up/down no V.P. influence

by 0x7616e594f1832d0dc7aad3923967d76fd98416e2 (BBStudios)

Limit this Funding tier to $50 and limit it to 500 passed proposals per month strictly up/down vote. I f@cking promise you this will create a low level feeding frenzy that this metaverse sorely needs.
P.S. Maybe kill the $240K funding tier
PPS. Thanks to all who voted through the meager @ARTorDAI proposal!!!

• YES
  • NO
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Grants based solely on upvotes/downvotes are way too easy to manipulate, voted no.

1 Like

I agree with Vapo. One wallet one vote is ideal until you consider how easy it is to make wallets.

I do support a $500 tier though. @BBStudios how much VP do you think should be required to pass a $500 grant? What should happen if someone starts autopassing a bunch of low tier grants with their own VP?

Or maybe we approach it as Tudamoon was saying. There are 50ish $500 grants per month. Grantees apply competitively. Users vote and at the end of the month, the top voted 50 grant applicants receive the $500 and then the cycle resets.

2 Likes

Grants based on Up/Down Votes is a non-starter. This would lead to manipulation and abuse of our DAO funds.

Users need to have ‘skin in the game’ for an egalitarian and democratic system to exist which is why VP exists.

Also, you can already request a Tier 1 grant for $50 as $1,500 is the maximum for this tier not the minimum.

2 Likes

ile Ok I get that people will just manipulate if its 1 wallet 1 vote. I like tudamoon’s solution, sounds like it could work, should submit that as a proposal.

Correction : Minimum Grant Request for Tier 1 is $100+.

New tier of funding that’s just up/down no V.P. influence

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 4,016 VP (8 votes)
  • No 90% 911,263 VP (36 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 9% 100,004 VP (1 votes)

New tier of funding that’s just up/down no V.P. influence

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)