[DAO:7950e79] Proposal to Change In-World Spawn Point to Angzaar Plaza

by 0x7bbea9c18cd0541acab8c19da2b11d0c03faef1c (1Existence)

Keep in mind this is only a poll to get the communities sentiment on whether or not the spawning location when entering Decentraland should be changed to the new Angzaar Plaza. Genesis Plaza has been the main location since the beginning. It may be iconic, however it has seen little change since I first came in almost 2 years ago. I remember coming in and looking around to see what there was to do here. The events boards take some time to figure out how to work and some more to actually find an event that was happenning. It leads to games that don’t work and have not change or to events that are over. There is not much of anything to do or anything to tell you how to get around and find something to do. Angzaar plaza at least has a gamification aspect, it has a marketplace, and much more and leads to the rest of Decentraland easily. I understand there maybe some strong attachment to Gensis Plaza, however like everything there needs to be some changes made to make the experience better. First impressions are everything. Please vote yes if you would like to see this happen. No further details matter at this time, that comes later. I thank you.

• YES - Angzaar Plaza
  • NO - Genesis Plaza
  • Undecided - Love them both
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I’m voting yes.

While my heart remains in Genesis Plaza, it is broken and unmaintained. Have you ever gone downstairs; why?

I’m voting yes because Angzaar is actively maintained and has devs who are readily available to make changes if any are requested by the community, whereas Gen Plaza is cemented like that. Even requests to add a screen or change up the teleport board has been lost in the wind.

1 Like

Hey @Existential14, I like your idea but what about spawning into the DCL DAO Headquarters? Isn’t that a reason why we are building it? Not sure why we should change it from Genesis until DAOHQ is built although Angzaar can be an interim choice as it does have a fresher feeling.

Hi is it supposed to say Angzaar Outpost? Angzaar Plaza is coming up as a world. This would probably cause quite a stir as the land values are higher around the spawn in locations. Is it possible to swap the deployment locations of genesis and angzaar? That can me less disruptive in valuations but not sure if it’s possible. Also the surrounding locations on genesis are more built up with bigger business partners.

Last time in Angzaar outpost there was a huge christmas tree, animated characters around, music playing. Where did it go? The P2E jump not taking anywhere on click. If I’m at the right place I was confused in the place it says metals, weapons, the shipping place. Also wallet guard lighthouse, angzaar radio - a lot of ads here for spawn in point. If this is the place I have to say no. Jump in points should be more obvious, have more than P2E games - art districts, music, events. Genesis currently is cleaner, no ads, easier to understand, everything working.

The wearables display was cool, names display cool.

1 Like

Is that the place it’s in a world has couches on 2nd floor? Hey it said I’m the #2 highest voter :smiley:

Thank you for bringing that point up. It would be for the Post which is in a plaza.

I guess that might depend oon where the HQ ends up. If the DAO gets one of the plazas as they were intended to, then yeah probably. I just think that Genesis is lackig a lot and we did pay a lot of money for it to be built and it has a lot of potential.

Sorry, but i vote NO, i never ever liked Angzaar Plaza

I think different plazas should be built for different interests, games, art, commerce, fashion, etc. then when people is onboarded, they can be directed to the plaza of his interest, but by default, Genesis should be the main. (wrote about it a year ago, but I guess almost no one read hehe User Onboarding Random Ideas)

Voting no for now because this is the first time this has been proposed, but I’m open to the idea and hearing more discussion of how this would be executed.

Proposal to Change In-World Spawn Point to Angzaar Plaza

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes - angzaar plaza 13% 1,013,061 VP (22 votes)
  • No - genesis plaza 65% 4,690,125 VP (58 votes)
  • Undecided - love them both 22% 1,684,224 VP (5 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

Proposal to Change In-World Spawn Point to Angzaar Plaza

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)