[DAO: bafkrei] Custom Spawn Locations

by 0x3026e5dca7a3f50a482d5f06fb18ce607386531b (SirDropBear)

Linked Draft Proposal

Custome Spawn Locations

Summary

instead of spawning only in genesis plaza you can spawn where ever you set it to.

Abstract

Myself and alot of the community would like to spawn in different locations aside genesis plaza. I think it would be great to be able to spawn at any place on the map.

Motivation

Always spawning in genesis plaza can get rather boring and sometimes it would be nice to be able to spawn else where. I imagine having a house on a parcel and being able to spawn there when i load the client so it feels you load into your home within Decentraland. Or even spawn at a favourite location.

Specification

the developers of DCL could impliment this feature

Impacts

Best case scenario, you can set a location to where you will spawn in. Instead of Genesis plaza.

Mid case Scenario: Being able to spawn at the location you logged off or last visited.

So many of the community love griding various games and would love to spawn there.

Implementation Pathways

This should be fairly easy for the decentraland development team to impliment into the client. from feedback in the forums last location may be easeier. It would be prefered for custome spawns but last location will be great also. alot of people are just bored of genesis plaza. Its great for new players but for seasoned players its very boring.

Conclusion

In conclusion i believe that this feature is much needed and feel it can be implimented easily to the decentraland client.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Very good iniciative im voting yes, lets go :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s a YES from me. My only concern was the implementation path. I noticed a conversation between MorrisMustang and Hprivakos in the DAO channel, and it seemed like it was definitely implementable.

I’ll also point out that if a land you are wanting to visit has a dcl.eth name attached, you could bookmark that link (or just type it in) and my understanding is that instead of loading in to Genesis Plaza you will load in to that specific land or estate. This is not as ideal as custom spawn points or loading in on your last location though, IMO.

Best wishes getting this passed. It’s a great idea and I think most of the community would love this!

1 Like

1 week to go Lets get this passed :smiley: Where are the whales at?

“I’ll also point out that if a land you are wanting to visit has a dcl.eth name attached, you could bookmark that link (or just type it in) and my understanding is that instead of loading in to Genesis Plaza you will load in to that specific land or estate.” Frank these steps are for browser from my understanding, and in browser you can book mark anywhere. But the idea is for Client.

Custom Spawn Locations

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 99% 1,862,185 VP (82 votes)
  • No 1% 2,587 VP (1 votes)