[DAO:74d5f48] Create-To-Earn Monthly Reward System for Active DCL Users

by 0x0d2d5a968127d3fea9dc5032c78724620980a62d (dclchess)

Should the following $18,600 grant in the Social Media Content category be approved?

Abstract

Develop monthly reward program for creators and hire full time marketing expert to support all projects in the DCL ecosystem.

Grant size

18,600 USD in MANA

Project duration

4 months

Beneficiary address

0x0d2D5a968127d3feA9dc5032c78724620980a62d

Email address

dclmana777@proton.me

Description

DCL would significantly benefit if a monthly reward program was setup to give wearables and emotes to creators making valuable contributions to the community. Creating monthly incentives for the continual development of film club, game jam, fashion week, etc would stimulate the community to produce enough marketing content to return the price of MANA to a new all time high. The original poll I created a month ago for this idea can be seen here: Should the DAO fund DCLFilmClub2024?

The process to do this would be to create new mythic/legendary wearables and emotes 2.0 every month and distribute them as rewards to content creators based on the merits of their work. I would ultimately be managing the program but would look to involve trusted community members as much as possible. To reduce risks of personal bias I would like to create a committee of 10-20+ members to help me make decisions and oversee operations.

Primary goals:
-Provide dedicated marketing support for all projects in DCL
-Onboard 10-50+ popular social media content creators into DCL (and their followers)
-5-10x current daily active users
-5-10x marketplace publishing and purchasing activity
-5-10x the amount of new games/land development in genesis city and worlds
-5-10x social media activity related to DCL
-Promote DCL’s advantages over other platforms, specifically emotes 2.0 and worlds
-Establish a content creator fund for cost effective sustainability of the Create-To-Earn system
-Establishing DCL as the definitive leader of the metaverse trend

The second part of my proposal is to personally offer my own marketing expertise and experience to all projects in DCL. This would take the form of spending up to a few hours every week (per person) in direct contact with anyone trying to create anything in DCL. I would provide detailed marketing strategies and possibly content creation services for everyone, from the most active scenes to someone launching a wearable or trying to gain more followers for their web2 accounts.

I have a lot of ideas and passion for DCL which I would like to express through a full time DAO sponsorship instead of being hired multiple times as a independent freelancer. The results would be significantly less effective if I charged individual creators for marketing because their limited budgets should instead be spent on improving their products. As a community marketing manager, my role is to support all projects with numerous weekly hours spent on the creation of personalized marketing strategies. As the developer of the Create-To-Earn system, my role is to create monthly rewards for content such as film club, game jam, fashion week, art, architecture, etc. The following list of actions would enter the creator into possibly winning one of the monthly wearables:

-Create an engaging high quality video about DCL
-Create a fun and original game in genesis city or worlds
-Publish a wearable or emote to the marketplace
-Create a high quality art/architecture scene in genesis city or worlds
-Contribute to foundation events
-Onboard new social media creators
-Host events in DCL
-Etc… Generally anything that creates significant value for the DCL community

Roadmap and milestones

1. Get in contact with everyone who needs marketing support for their DCL related projects
  2. Establish price agreements with multiple wearable/emote creators for the monthly film club rewards
  3. Begin to significantly increase all social media content related to DCL
  4. Generate cost effective marketing strategies for creators in DCL to expand sustainably without DAO support
  5. Promote the film club to engage the community and onboard as many new creators as possible
  6. Work with the foundation’s marketing team and provide support where needed
  7. Create inworld events and weekly meetings for the film club’s community led management to organize itself
  8. Enable community members to easily find ways to work together on large marketing projects

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

This NO votes of 8M is just a way for @esteban to protect the DAO but, @esteban if you are reading this give feedback along with your votes so that builders can improve & give them a reason to stay motivated.

I know your intentions are good & your vote counts too but atleast give the creators your reasoning why you vote the way you do.

I think some of the ideas you have here are good and I know you love DCL and see you at many events which would make me more inclined to vote yes in the future. A couple things on my mind I have no idea concerning portfolio or demonstration of marketing experience. A couple links could go a long way here not to mention boost your portfolio traffic.

If you look at youtube, creating streaming content, music producers and similar - people work really hard on those and typically the reword is extremely small. Let’s suppose the grant was to essentially curate projects and properties that are not grantees and do air drops of actual Mana… This is a good idea and based on behaviors of content creators on other platforms some kind of monetization will cause people to work a lot for a really low rate. I would definitely vote yes on something like this. Not only that I’d be way more likely to make something else in DCL if at least there was some monetization outside of getting an insider mob-grant :smiley:

It would be great if this could also be something slowly aided with automated where DCL-Metric started to drive monthly rewards that trickle out of monetization smart contract. There could be a ban account / unban account for curators for those who received full grants would not be eligible. Something like this could be a huge game changer and represent a giant opportunity for artists. If the reward in DCL for content art was higher than youtube it’s game over DCL with explode with traffic and creators. That reward only needs to be ‘chicken scratch’ and on many platforms only those oligarchs are eligible (just like DCL except youtube doesn’t have monetization for the poors to give false-hope). DCL emulating when we should be leading and improving. Because of the low numbers of active creators and users it would be easy for DCL to be ‘better than youtube’, ‘better than spotify’ etc for creators.

Create-To-Earn Monthly Reward System for Active DCL Users

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 42,277 VP (22 votes)
  • No 79% 10,564,409 VP (20 votes)
  • Abstain 20% 2,805,062 VP (22 votes)