[DAO:41c1bf7] Social Media Marketing for the Wearables Market

by 0x531aa0845cf473a55bb5bc8cda5e04ea5b27c726 (Fecet)

Should the following $2,150 grant in the Social Media Content category be approved?

Abstract

I have been creating weekly outfit content for over 3 months, without skipping a week. I have brought 17 unique designs so far. The primary goal of my work is to enrich the Decentraland experience by offering a wide range of creative choices for avatar customization. Promoting both wearable creators and Decentraland while doing so. I want to continue creating #WearableWednesday posts as well as some other contents where I will post weekly outfits. My background in graphic designing and knowledge that i have in color theory allows me to bring creative contents that people would like to see.

Grant size

2,150 USD in MANA

Project duration

3 months

Beneficiary address

0x531aA0845cF473A55BB5bc8cda5E04Ea5B27C726

Email address

fecetdcl@gmail.com

Description

Why do I need the fund?

My journey in DCL started on October 5th, 2021 as my POAP collection says. Since then, tried my best on collecting and trading wearables. I didn’t have any sponsorship while bringing the content and now having the scarcity of the wearables I use. Most of the fundings that I will acquire will directly go back to wearable creators because I will be able to shop more in the marketplace. I will be able to use more design applications and could give more time on creating designs.

Why should this project receive the fund?

Avatars are a central element of user interaction and identification in Decentraland. I am pretty sure that most of us saw a person that we know changed their DCL name but we could identify them with their avatar. My project will significantly enhance the user experience by allowing individuals to personalize their avatars in ways that resonate with their preferences and creativity, resulting in a more immersive and enjoyable virtual world.

The Decentraland community comprises individuals with diverse tastes, interests, and backgrounds. The contents will cater to this diversity by offering a wide range of wearable outfits that appeal to various aesthetics, cultures, and styles, fostering inclusivity and representation within the platform.

As users seek out and purchase more wearables, they contribute to the demand for MANA, Decentraland’s native cryptocurrency, and stimulate economic activity within the platform. This dynamic economy benefits creators, traders, and users alike.

In summary, the funding will result in a more visually diverse, engaging, and socially connected Decentraland platform. By addressing avatar personalization limitations and offering ongoing creativity, it will be enriching the overall Decentraland experience.

Roadmap and milestones

Month 1:

Finding wearables that will be used in the outfits.
Choosing design tools.
Creating templates to showcase the outfits. (4-5 times in a month, weekly period)
Photoshoot for the outfits. (4-5 times in a month, weekly period)
Using the outfit photos in the designs. (4-5 times in a month, weekly period)
Publishing them on the social media platform. (4-5 times in a month, weekly period)
Collecting feedback from the community regarding preferred wearable themes.
Sharing the process with the community.
Displaying the growth in followers, likes, retweets, and community interactions as a result of the project.

Month 2 and 3:

Finding more wearables that will be used in the outfits
(4-5 times in a month, weekly period)
Creating templates to showcase the outfits. (4-5 times in a month, weekly period)
Photoshoot for the outfits. (4-5 times in a month, weekly period)
Using the outfit photos in the designs. (4-5 times in a month, weekly period)
Publishing them on the social media platform. (4-5 times in a month, weekly period)
Collecting feedback from the community regarding preferred wearable themes.
Sharing the process with the community.
Displaying the growth in followers, likes, retweets, and community interactions as a result of the project.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Would be great for people to publishing wearables, it would givew them exposure and the cost isn’t too high for a marketing grant tbh :stuck_out_tongue: oh and also knowing Fecet since 2021 I trust him completely.

Hi Fecet!
I love your posts, I love what you’re doing, but I think this grant poses a bigger question… because a lot of us are making social media posts, paying for Twitter Blue out of our own pocket, buying wearables, etc., and not looking for the DAO to fund it. I guess your grant describes exactly what I already do, buy wearables, take pictures, post them on Twitter. I don’t feel like I am worthy of grant funds to do this, I just do it because I love it.

So I guess I’m grappling with whether the DAO should pay users to spend money on wearables? The community already feels that using DAO funds to buy land is not generally a good idea (I don’t believe a proposal to buy land has ever passed). So I’m curious if the community thinks it’s a good idea for the DAO to buy wearables to use on posts on social media? There are so many good wearables out there for cheap and for free. You might even get sponsorship from brands who want to showcase their new wearables.

I guess I would need to ask you, since so many of us are already doing what you want to do, but we’re doing it out of our own pocket, what sets you apart from other users? What problem are you solving that isn’t already being solved? What can you offer that others cannot? From a business standpoint, I would want to see you filling a niche not already being utilized.

I’m afraid we’re going to set a precedent that DAO funds should be spent for this sort of social media promotion. I think everyone who buys wearables will also want to be funded by the DAO to continue buying wearables and taking pictures. I’m going to wait to vote to see how the community feels about this.

Hey Canessa!

Thanks for sharing your perspective with your questions and concerns. The fund isn’t for what I am already doing, it’s for to decide whether I should spend that much time on graphic designing or not. The content isn’t the only outfit that I am showcasing but the design efforts. While I understand that many users engage in similar activities (as I’ve been doing the same for Decentraland for 2 years) my proposal aims to provide consistent posts with a good knowledge about graphic designing. I believe that’s where I will differentiate. From a business standpoint, I believe I can bring quality designs and outfits that should match with Decentraland’s brand image. Relatively small expenses like Twitter Blue or so worth a lot and have big impacts on my daily life as I live in a third world country.

I would also like to discuss the huge amount of unpaid work left behind that we users bring. DAO pays $75K quarterly on social media marketing efforts for “few people” but if you combine the Decentraland users and unpaid work left behind, it’s ridiculous. Because I am pretty sure that an average Decentraland user is doing 1/4 or 1/3 of the same work that fund provided people do, with no payment in return.

Your feedback is invaluable, and I’m grateful for it.

Hey @Fecet I just checked your twitter and really liked the advertisement you put up, I wanted to share some of it here because I think it has to be shown for the people to understand the quality.
also considering the rate of 2k compared to a grant of 10K+ I think this is worth it!

Thanks for sharing it InJesterr! Here’s my works on #WearableWednesday so far.

I think it is important to know how do you determine who gets to be featured? If the DAO is paying for something like this, there needs to be some sort of all inclusion or metrics to determine eligible wearables. Only new ones? Older ones? Thank you.

Social Media Marketing for the Wearables Market

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 24% 1,830,655 VP (41 votes)
  • No 61% 4,503,290 VP (45 votes)
  • Abstain 15% 1,154,962 VP (17 votes)