[DAO:5a08e00] Digital Fashion for Decentraland: Elevating Metaverse Style

by 0x3e71ac23a972d9bbf5732c6e27c5372bd661022e

Should the following $800 grant in the In-World Content category be approved?

Abstract

Our project focuses on compatibility with a chosen Metaverse: Decentraland, where we aim to streamline design and technical requirements for ongoing digital wearable supply. With expertise in design and 3D technologies, a network of talented designers, and a successful track record, we are well-equipped to contribute high-quality, fashionable digital wearables to meet the diverse preferences of Decentraland users, aligning with aesthetic expectations and platform requirements.

Grant size

800 USD in DAI

Project duration

1 month

Beneficiary address

0x3E71AC23A972d9Bbf5732c6e27c5372bD661022e

Email address

hello@mononoke.io

Description

Mononoke is a digital native fashion brand that offers digital garments and physical clothing on demand. We want to bridge IRL and virtual experiences for fashion fans, empowering them to experience fashion in a more accessible, inclusive and sustainable way. We collaborate with designers from around the world to showcase their work to a digital native audience: Gen Zs and young millennials, who will make up more than 70% of luxury spending by 2025 (Source: Bain & Company). We want to partner with a Metaverse of choice on an ongoing basis to make our digital outfits compatible.

Our project focuses on crafting stylish digital wearables for Decentraland users. To reduce overall cost for this project, we will work with an existing collection: The WANDERER Collection and redesign the digital outfits meet the design and technical requirements of Decentraland wearables while retaining their original aesthetics as much as possible. This will serve as a pilot program and our long-term goal is to elevate the utility of digital fashion by enabling users to seamlessly transition their stylish digital outfits to Decentraland. We want to create digital wearables that are thoughtfully designed for Decentraland avatars, not only meeting the technical requirements but optimizing aesthetics as well. These wearables serve as the initial point of engagement for new users, playing a crucial role in showcasing the allure of the Decentraland metaverse.

This initiative is a direct response to the need for more sophisticated virtual attire, catering to users seeking high-quality, trendsetting options for their avatars. By effectively bridging the gap between digital fashion and the distinctive aesthetics of the metaverse, our project aims to enhance user experiences and foster a vibrant virtual fashion community within Decentraland. We envision these efforts contributing to the platform’s appeal and positioning Decentraland as a leading hub for innovative and stylish digital fashion experiences.

With a proven track record of launching visually stunning digital garments, our team is poised to contribute valuable and aesthetically pleasing content to the Decentraland community. Our collaboration with global designers fosters a dynamic ecosystem, showcasing diverse and culturally rich virtual fashion. This not only contributes to the vibrancy of the Decentraland community but also positions the platform as a hub for cutting-edge digital fashion.

In conclusion, Mononoke boasts a team with expertise in leveraging cutting-edge technologies, ensuring the seamless integration of digital outfits within the Decentraland platform. Our project’s potential to redefine the virtual fashion landscape, enhance user engagement, and contribute to a sustainable and inclusive metaverse makes it a worthwhile investment for the future of Decentraland.

Roadmap and milestones

We expect the project to take a total of 5 weeks.

Week 1: Initial Development

Redesigning The WANDERER Collection to meet Decentraland wearables’ technical requirements while preserving original aesthetics.

Defining concise technical specifications for digital garments.

Prototyping initial designs for quick testing.

Week 2: Review & Revise

Reviewing outfits to ensure they meet aesthetic and technical requirements.

Gathering quick user feedback and making rapid adjustments.

Finalizing technical specifications for seamless integration.

Week 3: Marketing and Community Engagement

Engaging with the community to announce the upcoming launch.

Week 4: Continue Community Engagement

Continued community engagement

Week 5: Launch

Official launch of The WANDERER Collection in Decentraland.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Hi Mononoke! Welcome to Decentraland! I’m excited to see a new designer come here and want to create.

In the Decentraland ecosystem, you’ll find many talented wearable creators and artists. At the current moment, everyone is paying out of their own pocket to curate and publish wearables. It would be unfair to those who have been self-publishing for years to use DAO funding to pay any user, whether new or old, to publish a wearable. Existing creators have spent time and energy for years to build up their skills, reputation, and brand.

You will find that there are a few concepts that voters do not traditionally support, for very specific reasons. The purchasing of land parcels, and publication fees for wearables are a few that are not supported traditionally, because that is a direct transfer of value from the DAO to the individual.

I would suggest spending time in world, get to know different people, learn who your audience is, speak with wearable creators, find out what has worked well for them, what has not, and then you will be in a better place to publish your collection from.

Best of luck to you!

Hi! Thank you for your feedback Canessa! I want to clarify that our grant request is not for publication fees but to pay our designer salary to make our digital outfits Decentraland compatible. We are not a single designer but a platform that collaborates with a network of designers from around the world. Our goal is to make our digital designs Decentraland ready for all future collections. This grant request allows us to pay our designer a one time fee to learn Decentraland’s design and technical specifications. We’re using an existing collection for this project where we’ve already paid for a fashion designer to design the original sketch concepts and another set of digital artists to create the digital collections. With this grant, we can turn the collection into Decentraland compatible wearables so that we can offer our designs to Decentraland users and hopefully form a long term collaboration. We don’t plan to charge for these wearables but offer them as a value add to Decentraland users and fans of our brand to extend their experience to a metaverse. This will help bring a new community of users to the Decentraland metaverse. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @captainblu! First, welcome to the Decentraland DAO! Its great to see digital designers discovering metaverse platforms like Decentraland. I checked out your website and you have some great designs.

I was wondering what kind of in-world content do you plan to accomplish with this grant? Will you be hosting an event or creating a space showcasing the wearables? I am not sure if the current category makes sense for this grant without some sort of event/experience outside of the wearables being published on Marketplace. To Canessa’s point, I think you should connect with the community and introduce your work to them.

I was wondering how many active community members are a part of Mononoke currently? What has been your success in digital fashion so far? I’m for supporting communities who want to educate their audience about Decentraland, and for $800, I’d support this as a “social media initiative” or sponsorship if there is some sort of education aspect involved to an external community.

For other voters references, here are their social medias I found:
https://mononoke.io/marketplace
https://twitter.com/Mononoke_io

Abstaining for now! Best of luck and welcome to Decentraland :smiley:

1 Like

I am abstaining for the moment since like @maryana I like to see how new users are interested in creating in Decentraland, but I do not vote yes due to the reasoning that @Canessa has told you, many creators have paid fees and created wearables without receiving anything in return , some of them very talented, I know that maybe you didn’t plan to do this but I encourage you to try publishing this collection with your own resources.

I can assure you that entering Decentraland as a builder can be very satisfying, if you try it the community will welcome you with open arms and you will make great friends.

All the best!

1 Like

Thank you @maryana and @PunkPink for your valuable feedback. We will revisit our proposal based on the helpful information everyone has provided. We’re new to this process so understand that this may not be the right fit. We’ve launched several collections with positive feedback from our community. Since there are still limitations to utility of digital fashion, other than being an art collectible, we wanted to extend the user experience to a metaverse where users can actually wear our outfits. So far, we allow our collectors to digitally dress up in these outfits with their real life photos and buy physical versions of select designs. We think a metaverse experience would be a fun addition for our collectors so we think a collaboration with Decentraland would be a win-win. We’re not designers ourselves so we need to hire designers to make the outfits compatible with Decentraland wearables. With all your valuable feedback, we will revise our proposal and come back with another plan. Thank you!

2 Likes

Digital Fashion for Decentraland: Elevating Metaverse Style

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 8,647 VP (8 votes)
  • No 71% 6,231,221 VP (43 votes)
  • Abstain 28% 2,430,150 VP (6 votes)
1 Like